L'Oreal Pinch of Color

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/21/2018 12:23:00 PM

I know we're not supposed to review discontinued products, but I'm hoping someone will know where I can get a dupe of this. I have had a bottle of this stain in Sweet Peach for - and I know this is so, so wrong for so many reasons - 17 years. And it is finally almost gone. I'm 35 now, and I got this from a Walmart when I was 18...and I have not been able to find a peach stain as natural, long-wearing, and perfect as this one. God knows what kind of health violation was contained in that one, wonderful bottle...but I miss it so. Help!

on 10/7/2005 9:53:00 AM

This works great on Asian pale skin (me)...i've never used any cheekstain before and thought it was a nailpolish when I first received it in a surprise swap. It works SO well, and looks so natural...I mean look at the reviews, this is a good product! :)

on 8/18/2005 12:47:00 PM

Snagged the last one of these on clearance at a local DG. This comes in what looks like a large nail polish bottle with a nail polish-type skinny brush applicator. The product is a very runny liquid with no scent that I could detect. I have this in "Blushing", which in the bottle looks like a wine-dark, blood-violet red, but on MMM/GGG me, is a cool, fresh, light pink, no shimmer, just a slight sheen...very snowbunny :) I've found the best way to apply this is to dab the product on with the brush (2 small dots for each--freshly moisturized--cheek), quickly blend in a circular motion, then apply a tinted moisturizer on top for a pretty, glowing-from-within effect. Does not emphasize pores or feel sticky at all. Stained my fingers a little but not a big deal (I actually like that since it hopefully means that the color will stay on your face longer). Super cheap but also hard to find since this is discontinued. Fortunately, it is so intensely pigmented and there's so much in the bottle that it'll probably last me for awhile. Keep your eyes peeled for it in clearance bins, dollar and closeout-type stores. continued >>

on 2/10/2005 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is one of my all-time favorite beauty products! I have been using it every day for over 3 years. I love this in Blushing, and bought a couple of bottles the last time it was in stores. It is the perfect shade of pink for my cheeks-it looks like a perfectly natural flush. I use the little brush to put a drop on each cheek over foundation or just moisturizer, and blend. (My only complaint is the brush doesn't reach to the bottom of the bottle, so when it gets low, its harder to get any product on the brush. Usually then I just put my finger tip over the opening of the bottle and put it directly on my fingertip). You do have to blend quickly, but any streaks or blotches are easily fixed with a drop of moisturizer. It gives me a rosy flush that lasts all day. On my lips this is a bright fuschia, but I apply lip balm or gloss over it to tone it down and it looks so natural. It doesn't last nearly as long on my lips as it does on my cheeks, though. It also has a very pleasant raspberry scent/tasste. I bought a bottle in Sweet Peach, too, but it was just too peachy for me. I ended up mixing it with the Blushing and it makes a perfect warm reddish-pink color. Because you only use a little bit at a time, a bottle of this lasts forever! I should be set for the next 10 years, but if I ever see it in stores again, you can bet I'll be picking up another couple of bottles!

on 2/3/2005 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Blushing and Sweet Peach, and I adore both of them. I agree that they do dry quickly, but I don't find it to be a problem. I have very pale lips and these provide a natural flush that lasts. I layer cocoa butter on top for some shine and to tone them down. Sometimes, I even use them as blush or on my eyelids. The only problem I have with the product is with the packaging. I am forever worrying that I will accidentally knock one over and that it will spill everywhere. However, I do like the brush, as it makes it very easy to outline my lips or use them as eyeliner. This is one of the only products in my collection that I can foresee using up.

This is one of my holy grails. I have it in sweet peach and blushing. Unfortunately, it is discontined...so if anyone has sweet peach, page me! This is a cheaper alternative to all of the high end cheek stains out there...and it works just as well. I found that the stains looked incredibly natural (more so than powder blushes...it did not sit on top of skin) and lasted all day. I did not enjoy the product so much on lips...they did not stain them evenly. A HG Find for me! EDIT: This is still great, but since it is discontinued, a more expensive likenss is Vincent Longo Cheek/Lip Stains.

I got this (in Blushing) on sale for a fraction of what it was originally priced for (around $3), so I really can't complain about the price. I recently did a little experiment with Benetint and this to see which one looks and works better. This has a more blue-ish pink tone to it and it drys much faster than Benetint. You really have to blend really fast or you'd be left with streaks. And your fingers would be stained for the entire day no matter how hard you try to scrub the color off. I'm actually ok with the blue-ish pink tone, but I wish this is a little easier to blend. This is just too much work. I don't think I would buy this again.

on 4/28/2004 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why Benefit when you can Pinch? I have this in Bronzing and it is even better than B's Glamazon except it dries faster. Great for lips, not so great for cheeks but now you're forewarned. The color is slightly more intense as well. Two coats of this on my lips gives me a natural warm reddish-bronze stain that lasts as long as any other product of its type, cheap or dear. Three coats on lips makes it a deep red-brown that will last through even a meal or cocktail party. Cheek--wise, it works best if you apply it with your fingers or a Q-tip instead of the brush. Be sure to blend fast! I even mixed a drop of this with my moisturizer one morning and it gave me a nice all-over tan with no sparkles. I've had mine for waaay over a year and there is still 1/2 left. Buy it. Buy lots.

on 1/7/2004 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Blushing. I picked it up at the Dollar Store for $2 CND and I like this more then my Benetint! The only bad thing about this is that you have to blend it very quickly or it becomes streaky - even over moisturizer.
Updated April 21/2008: I'm on my last bottle now, haven't been able to find any. I have been trying to find a substitute, but Benetint isn't pigmented enough.

This is a cheap BeneTint knockoff, complete with rose scent and everything. I don't mind as long as it works, BUT pinch of color dries faster and so is harder to work with. You have to blend FAST or you get a steaky mess. I don't use liquid stain products on my lips because they are too drying, but it's the most natural flush for cheeks.