Dr. Brandt Glow Overnight Resurfacing Serum

Dr. Brandt Glow Overnight Resurfacing Serum

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Isoamyl Laurate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Shea Butter Esters, Triheptanoin, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Behenyl Alcohol, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Retinol, Glyceryl Stearate, Simmonsia Chenesis (Jojoba) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Betaine, Polyglyceryl-3 Stearate, Citrus Nobilis Oil, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylic /Capric Triglyceride, Lecithin, Glycine Soya Sterols, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Maslinic Acid, Phenylpropanol, Bht, Sodium Phytate, Dimethiconol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Honey, Pectin, Phospholipids, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Heliantus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soya Oil

on 1/31/2018 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this as a Sephora gift with purchase. I have never been very impressed with Dr. Brandt products, which seem to use the doctor label to be extremely overpriced. I also highly doubt the 2% retinol claim because, as a person with sensitive skin who hasn't used retinol in ages, and I've found it very easy to overdo products with much less retinol in them. And yet, I was able to use this every day with no issues. Pretty sure this product is bs and wouldn't waste my money.

on 12/24/2017 9:35:00 PM

I really do like this serum. Use it every night, sometimes I follow up with moisturizer, sometimes not. Not sure where the rotten oranges smell comes from because I smell nothing. A great product.

on 11/14/2017 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this, but waited a while to use it. My face can take more than four weeks to adjust to a new retinol, being flakey and irritated in the meantime, not fun. But the retinol I had been using on my face (Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Night Moisturizer) suddenly started to cause irritation and I had to quit it and let my skin calm down. I tried Neutrogena again, but the irritation came back, so I knew it was the cause. After I quit using the Neutrogena on my face (I still use it on my neck, chest, and body) and my skin calmed down again, I decided to try the sample of this. I assumed because it has a hefty 2% retinol that my irritation would flare up again, and badly. I only apply retinol on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights. I was amazed when no irritation started, but I just guessed it would come later, but it never did. I bought a full size and have been using it consistently for five months. My skin is smoother, a couple fine lines have softened, all redness and blotchiness from past products is gone, and hormonal skin issues have drastically decreased. I don’t care for the packaging: it’s seems oversized for the amount of product and there is no way to lock the pump in place for travel. The serum is really more like a lightweight lotion and absorbs very quickly. There is a chemically tell-tale retinol smell, but that dissipates pretty quickly. I’m really amazed by this product. I’m still on my first bottle, but I’ve already purchased my second one.

on 6/14/2017 2:40:00 AM

This is a potent retinol formula with an unpleasant smell that does the work. It does not make me break out and can be used even without a cream on top, as it's quite hydrating. Please note this is to be used only at night and only during the winter months when sun exposure is limited, otherwise you end up with spots: do not be reckless with proper use. Recommended; an effective resurfacing product.

on 8/14/2015 7:46:00 AM

In the first 3 days i thought this product was amazing, but then, my skin looks like nothing happened. I didn't finished the sample that i got for this product.

Very good results. Skin glows and seems more even. Stinks like rotting oranges though, yuk!

on 2/24/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using Dr. Brandt's Glow for about a year and really like it. A bottle lasts maybe four months. I use it after I've used Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel Extra Strength so maybe that opens the pores for the Glow to work. My skin is fair and sensitive but so far this has been fine. Maybe once a week I also add some Retina on top to boost it but if I did that all the time my skin would be red as a beet.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Could not try it long enough to see results. I thought I got a bad batch - this smells bad! Love the packaging for its pump - very hygenic. I may try again another time to see if I can get past the smell.

on 3/3/2014 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Purchased this in place of the Dr.Dennis Gross Retinol and Ferulic brightening solution because they were sold out at Sephora and the rep recommended that this would be similar to try out in the meantime. (They also cost the same at $85 a bottle.) It's been a month, the bottle hasn't run out yet (I can't tell how much is left) and I'm pretty happy with the results so far. Definitely have seen an improvement in the clarity of my complexion, minimized pores, and best of all, the breakouts I chronically get on my chin and around my mouth have ceased. Only thing that I notice this product doesn't help much with is hyperpigmentation - I continue to use my Kiehl's Clearly Corrective serum for that as my morning serum, and this as my nighttime serum.

There must be a buffering agent in this product because for a 2% retinol solution I haven't experienced any kind of sensitivity (tingling, redness, peeling...etc.), and I remember when I tried a Skinceuticals product a while back with only 0.5% retinol it seemed way more intense in comparison. But it could also be my skin - I'm 35 now and I do notice that I can withstand heavier exfoliation and more acidic treatment products.

A friend of mine swears by this product, so I really wanted to love it. However, it was mostly disappointing to me. I bought it as part of the set that includes the ruby crystal glow product. I used it nightly until the resurfacing serum ran out--which happened VERY quickly (less than a month--I keep wondering if the pump broke, as I was only using the small recommended amount). I will say, on the plus side, that I *really* like the ruby crystal glow product as it makes my skin look dewy and glowy after application--but this basically washes off. I might continue to buy the ruby glow separately and use it as part of my makeup routine when I want to look especially dewy.

As far as the serum goes, I really didn't notice much of a difference with my skin. This disappoints me since it is billed as the "highest concentration of retinol available without a prescription"--I wonder if that claim has been substantiated?

On the plus side, my skin is quite fair and tends toward dryness, but I did not experience any redness or peeling from this product. I used it nightly as directed. I used Strivectin night treatment for about one month before I started this product, so perhaps I laddered up to the retinol concentration appropriately. Regardless, I won't buy this product again.