Justin Bieber - Girlfriend

3.6

I use Rite Aid pharmacy and the past few weeks i have seen this out on the tester counter but really had no interest in spraying it on myself to see what it was like. First of all cuz it is a Justin Bieber fragrance and secondly the hideous bottle. All those crazy hoops in different colors around the bottle. I went in Rite Aid a few days ago and as i was leaving i decided to throw all caution to the wind (even though something in the back of my mind was telling me not to) and i gave myself a good dousing of this "perfume". I thought it was absolutely insipid and and hideous. It smelled like pure bubble gum to me.....like a big wad of Bazooka bubble gum at that. It was so sickly sweet, and unfortunately, fairly long lasting. I got home and i checked what the notes were as i didnt discern any except for that bubble gum smell. I was very surprised to see that it has notes of blackberry, strawberry, orange, apricot and pear. Typically some of my favorite notes in a fragrance but i could not detect a single one of those notes. I know me being a 49 year old man who wears any type of perfume whether it's made for women, men, dogs or cats and even horses i'm not exactly the target market for this fragrance but i know a good perfume when i smell it and i didnt smell a "good perfume" in Girlfriend. I can see an 8 or 9 year old girl in the drug store jumping up and down begging her mom to buy her a bottle of this. It might actually smell very nice on a girl that age but for anyone over 10....NO!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't like a lot of perfumes and I actually really like this one. A little goes a long way with this perfume but I like that because I don't run out of it very fast since it was a bit on the expensive side. The perfume has a slight musk scent along with a fruity/floral scent which I love. I am all about fruity scents.
I also like that the musk doesn't over power the other scents. Also the scent doesn't disappear suddenly during the day. For me it lasts for hours and it still smells amazing even after the day is over. I get complimented all the time when I wear it and my friends just love smelling it. You do have to be careful because to many sprays can make it very over powering. I just put a little bit on my wrists and neck and I am set all day. It is just enough that people catch a hint of it as a walk by and their eyes don't water if they are standing right next to me. I'd get this one again unless I found one that was a dupe for it and cheaper.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Smells like Viva La Juicy, but with extra berries and citrus. Love the juicy berries part but it disappears inn seconds, leaving a sugary, screechy sharp citrus and an annoying off-note that smells of burning plastic.

It smells like screaming kids gorging on bags of cheap artificially flavoured sweets that have sat in sun and expired years after the safe use-by date. They feel compelled to eat anyway but there's too, too much sugar and before long they're all sick with a headache. I think it will appeal to small children a lot but their parents will find it annoying. For a celebrity tween fragrance for a I prefer Paris Hilton Tease, or one of the Britneys.

Agreed, a version of Viva La Juicy. I quickly put my finger right on that one, so many copycats of that now. It does smell good, doesnt really last long, and cannot keep in my bag b/c the top will not stay on. But nice. I would repurchase, but probably will not b/c there's so many that smell like this, and will continue to come out with new ones I will try. I also have VLJ, & the Noir version, those 2 are also very close, but I liked the Noir bottle.

LOVEEEEE ITTTTTT! smells super nice & the bottle is really big so it'll last you a while :)

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

When I first smelled this perfume, I immediately thought it smelled familiar, but I couldn't figure out what it was that it smelled like! But then after I thought about it long and hard I realized it smells almost exactly like Forever Sunshine from Bath and Body Works! Well, to me anyway. I liked it because Forever Sunshine is one of my favorite scents and since it smells similar, I immediately liked it. To me, it smells like a mixture of vanilla and citrus. Kind of a common perfume smell though, in my opinion. Nothing too unique about it. And it's pretty strong. I feel like after a while it also starts to smell sickeningly sweet, so I only spray a little at a time. I've never smelled Someday so I can't compare them, but this one is a keeper. Not something I could wear everyday though, but once in a while.

Eyes: Violet

I didn't expect myself to like this fragrant because I didn't like Justing Bieber's first perfume Someday. Someday was a headache explosion for me. Girlfriend smells like a milder scent of Viva La Juicy without the cloying headache overdosed sugared syrup. Girlfriend smells like a mixture of the more classier scent of VS Sexy Little Things Tease mixed with the dry down of Very Sexy both by Victoria's Secret. It lasts a good 10 hours on me. Some people claim that it has a heavier feel to it, probably from the musk and vanilla base. The scent consists mostly of blackberry, tangy mandarin, freesia, jasmine , vanilla orchid, and musk. If you don't like musk, stay away from this one. It's quite strong when it dries down. I usually do not like musk, but this one is tolerable. It does gives the perfume a more mature taste to it. If you can get past the annoying perfume bottle wrapper, it is rather an interesting perfume bottle. Good luck trying to get the perfume to spray out from it plastic jail house design.

Popular Fragrances