COOLA Mineral Face SPF 30 - Matte Tint

COOLA Mineral Face SPF 30 - Matte Tint
Mineral Face SPF 30 - Matte TintMineral Face SPF 30 - Matte Tint

4.5

Active: Titanium Dioxide 3.2%, Zinc Oxide 1.8%. Inactive: Aluminum Hydroxide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Organic Shea Butter), Cucumis Sativus (Organic Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin (Organic), Hydrogen Dimethicone, Iron Oxides, Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Titianium Triisostearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Organic Linseed) Seed Oil, Mica, Oenothera Biennis (Organic Evening Primrose) Oil, Plankton Extract, Polyamide-5, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Rosa Canina (Organic) Fruit Oil, Silica Silylate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Synthetic Wax.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is by far the best investment that I’ve ever made towards my face! It’s pricey ($36 , I think) but IMO it’s so so worth it. I use a pea size amount and it totally doubles as a pore-filler/primer. It’s silky smooth with no scent. It’s a light yellow, which brightens up my face. It’s kepy my face wrinkle-free for a while now and I’m 37, but young women would love it too as a major preventative measure and it evens out texture. Best SPF BY FAR! The only downside is the price ( but one bottle lasts me 4/5 months) and you have to shake it from time to time because a little liquid will run out. Nothing too bad. And the bottle is cute too.

on 7/18/2018 2:13:00 PM

Guilty pleasure. I wear sunblock everyday-I mean everyday, even if it is raining. I got a sample of this stuff in a beauty box and loved loved loved it. For me, paying for kids college and putting on makeup in the car during the commute, I just could not justify the cost. My face only tolerates mineral sunblocks. I had been using Clinique City Block for years, and have been getting increasingly dissatisfied.The SPF wasn’t where I would like it to be, and it was a bit greasy for warm weather.Neutragena and Cerave mineral sunblock did not cut it, even mixed a bit of foundation. So I found a coupon, a gwp and hit Ulta. Happiness! The product you ask? The slight tint works well with my paleish skin. I am only assuming there is silicone in the stuff, the slip is amazing. It has suede like finish.It doesn’t pill for me, but I also do not put foundation over it as this evens out my complexion. The kids can get a job, I am going to keep buying this.

I found this sunscreen while on vacay and really like it. It doesn't feel heavy and smells divine!

This is the first sunscreen that I can actually wear underneath my makeup as a primer that doesn't feel like a sunscreen. The matte formula is perfect and doesn't get oily like other sunscreens that claim to be non-greasy like Neutrogena and Supergoop. I had a sample of this, however, the price is what deters me from purchasing the full size. I have found other similar formulas from Ulta ($10) and Australian Gold ($15) that are near dupes for this sunscreen and have a higher SPF.

The Coola Mineral Face SPF 30 Matte Tint Moisturizer is my favorite of all Coola's sunscreens. This is one that I took with me to Cuba and my dad and husband both used. It has no scent which is great for sharing and sensitive skin. Even on the hottest days I never got burned. I like a good mineral sunscreen and this one has a very light universal tint and prevents a white cast that most mineral sunscreens have. I use this on my face as well as neck and shoulders.

on 5/22/2018 11:53:00 AM

Finally found a mineral sunscreen that leaves no white cast, has no unpleasant smell, non greasy, and just...perfect. I have a medium very yellow toned, complexion with combination skin. I have searched far and wide for a mineral suncreen that ticked the above boxes as I’m allergic to chemical sunscreen. When I purchased the coola mineral spf 30 with cucumber, I was a bit worried about how it would smell. There is actually NO smell!! And it feels so nice on the skin and makes my skin look matte and smooth, but with a very subtle glow. It’s amazing!! Love it! Already purchased another one as I don’t want to ever be without it.

on 4/27/2018 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the ONLY mineral sunscreen that has not dried my easily dehydrated sensitive rosacean skin. I love how well it applies and the slight tint is very nice. I actually add my own colored powder to this to add even more of a tint and use that as my foundation. I like to apply it right after misting my face with a glycerin spray.

on 4/18/2018 11:05:00 PM

I’m 41, but still super oily; not terribly acne prone but I still can break out very mildly from things that disagree with my skin. I have a hard time with chemical sunscreens- they are often just ineffective on me for some reason.

The finish is great, and lovely to apply powder or liquid foundation over. Matte, and silky but doesn’t pill up makeup if you give it a bit of time to dry.

The tint is silly. It doesn’t translate to anything on my face. I am yellow toned however so YMMV.

No pale zinc ghost face so bonus for that! It doesn’t make me any oilier mid-day than anything else. It doesn’t, like, help my foundation last or anything however. It’s pretty much the same as bare skin for me in terms of foundation longevity over top.

It doesn’t break me out. It sunscreens well. It plays well with others. Pretty much everything I want in a sunscreen for my face!

*Last summer I was working out in the sun a lot. So I got to test Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 100 chemical sunscreen on my body vs. a no-name mineral based powder foundation on my face with no stated SPF but heavily zinc and titanium based. By August my body was toasty golden brown despite careful (excessive even) sunblocking. And my face was still super pale. About 3 typical foundation shades difference so it was drastic- I had to compensate with a much darker foundation and some heavy bronzing. (I wish I liked the way the mineral powder wore and looked more over the day!) So, I’m trying something different this year but focusing on mineral sunscreen for body AND face, and hoping to go for a better looking foundation with a good mineral sunblock under it. (As well as a zinc/tite based body sunscreen). I grant I won’t know for sure until late summer but will update then.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

When I started wearing Coola sunscreens, I bought the rose-tinted, classic variety. But then I realized that the tint didn't really jive with me, too pink, and I looked like an oil slick. So I switched to the mineral sunscreen because the tint was more yellow and the finish is matte. I love it. Even though my skin is dry, I wear this over Cerave PM moisturizer, it doesn't dry me out. I use it every day.

The water resistant factor is also great. I run outside and I don't burn, and it doesn't sting in my eyes.

You do need to shake the tube, otherwise you'll start with runny, watery goo and end with a tube of dry crust. Then, watch for air bubbles, these can make the lotion splatter. A pump would be nice, but I'm not going to give this up over that issue.

And yes, this is an expensive sunblock. But it doesn't make me break out, I have perimenopausal hormones to contend with, and I'm keeping wrinkles at bay. Yay.

on 6/15/2017 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am just a big fan of Coola sunscreen. I use there face and body sunscreen all the time on all the members of my family. I prefer mineral over chemical sunscreen as I find it doesn't irritate my skin. I was very excited to try this "natural BB cream". This tinted version is perfect for my makeup free days. Doesn't really offer much coverage. However seems to even out my skin redness that I have near my nostrils. Applies like a dream. No scent at all...love that.