Hada Labo Retinol Lifting and Firming Lotion

Hada Labo Retinol Lifting and Firming Lotion

4.6

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely product. Finally I jumped on the Hada Labo bandwagon and I wished I started sooner! This product is my starter Hada Labo product. It started my craze to try out the whole skin care. Love how it truly firms up my skin.

on 5/22/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hav tried several other retinoids before this one, and I always got flaky, blotchy skin, no matter how little I used, how much I diluted it with my regular night cream and how long I went between applications. I almost gave upon trying to find a retinoid that worked for my very sensitive skin... but then I stumbled onto this! :)

I'm only 25, so I don't have much wrinkles, but I already do (DID) have one line on my forehead, some crows feet, a little bit of lines under my eyes and small smile lines. I have only used this for two weeks, but I want to document how using this is going for me.

The first hing I noticed after trying this overnight was that my skin wasn't blotchy at all when I woke up in the morning - it was actually calmed down...! For the next week or so, my skin felt a little rougher, and I noticed very tiny dry flakes accumulating. This was nothing like the big flakes I got with other retinoids. My skin also didn't feel tight, like it felt with other things I had tried. After a week, I began breaking out a litte and got a couple of cystic acne. This is something I usually get once a month, so it wasn't surprising, really. However: instead of taking a week or more to heal, the acne came to a whitehead in only 1-2 days (5/7 took 1 day, and the rest took 2)! This is VERY unusual for me. At this point, I just popped (I just can't walk around with big whiteheads on my face), and stuck an acne sticker onto it to make it heal faster.

At the same time, I began noticing that my hyperpigmentation had began fading really fast! I had quite a lot of hyperpigmentation due to having very sensitive skin, so if I had enough inflammation under my skin, I would get hyperpigmentation, even though I didn't pick at my skin. What usually took a month plus to fade, faded in a week :D My forehead line is now almost completely gone, and the wrinkles under my eyes are about 40% gone... after only 2 weeks...! My skin also looks healthier - this was appearant after only a few days using this :)

For me, it's incredible to find a product that works this well AND calms my skin down! Hopefully, this will continue working for removing wrinkles, and will help keeping my breakouts minimal. From starting this till now, I've used this nightly, every evening. The first week, I applied Hada Lado ES Lotion for sensitive skin over this, to give me more hydration. The ES lotion is my everyday moisturizer and works great for my very sensitive skin, and also for my mom, who has rosacea - a must-try for people that can't find something that their sensitive skin likes

As everyone probably knows: retinoids make skin more sensitive to the sun, so it's very important to use a sunscreen with a high SPF for at least for two weeks after discontinuing retinoid use. Currently, I use the Lioele Fresh Sucscreen SPF45 PA++. It contains perfume, but it works well for my skin anyway, although I would prefer something without perfume. I've therefore also ordered the Hada Labo Creamy UV Gel SPF50 PA+++, but it hasn't arrived yet (arrived, and has since been my favourite sunscreen, although it contain alcohol)

I will update this review if important changes happen, but for now: I LOVE this product :)

UPDATE: got rid of most of my undereyes wrinkles and passer this on to my mom, with very sensitive skin (Had to de-clutter a little due to moving) - now I'll want to see how it works for her!!

on 3/14/2015 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is actually a "toner" but I apply it right from my hands to my face, neck and chest and my skin greedily sucks it up. I have never had a toner in my skin care arsenal before and now I won't go without it! I have used Rx Retin A for years, but now in my 50's it just dries me out too much, so I use this toner right before applying my retinol cream. My skin feels great and ready for my serums after this. The bottle is large and 3 or 4 drops is all I need per application.

I first purchased the regular lotion but was curious to try this. So I ordered a bottle and am quite happy with it! I'm 35 and do not have wrinkles yet just some genetic forehead lines I've had my whole life. This actually firms my skin and leaves it very soft before I put on my serums. This lotion actually helps serums absorb better into the skin. So I really enjoy this after I wash my face because it gives me moisture and gives me that foundation to apply my other products.

As far as wrinkle care well I don't have any. I was getting some very fine smile lines which since have disapeared. So I credit this product for keeping my skin smooth, soft, and wrinkle free. It is diffrent in texture from the original lotion but this one is very good imo. I use both and have found myself using the wrinkle care one more and more. I find this hydrates my skin when my skin is yucky from lack of sleep etc,. It just makes my skin look much better. It doesn't leave my skin sticky and I find patting it in works best for me.

I'm happy I'm using this because it really is helping keep my skin youthful. It's plump, feels very moisturized without making my combo skin oily. Having combination skin I have to find products that balance my skin and this does it. I would repurchase this and I found it on amazon. The price is reasonable and it seems to do what it claims. I cannot read the Japanese but mine came with and English instruction sticker. I really like the packaging though. This has become a skin care staple for me. Recommended!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

The best for toning skin and light fresh feeling face with out greased feeling, I use it every other day on summer days only .

on 4/17/2016 12:58:00 AM

I think this is very good lotion, to use on daily basis. It needs time to absorb but it is to me, because just after skin is very soft. I don't see any difference as I don't have many wrinkles. I use it to prevent it. Worth the price and time to spend to look for it.

on 10/11/2012 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is fantastic for desert dry skin. My under eyes are so dry I can see lines. So I apply two layers of this (apply one layer, 30 seconds to 1 minute later apply the next layer) and it looks plump for the first time since I was 21 I guess. So pleased and dare I say this works even better than SKII's cellumination mask in lotion at a fraction of the price and no irritations.

on 12/19/2014 4:43:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This is a decent lotion, I'm not sure whether it's really firming my skin but I haven't broken out to this which is already a good sign. I noticed when I applied this on a day where my skin was extra sensitive, that I felt tingling so I wouldn't recommend this for those with really sensitive/reactive skin.

on 3/25/2013 2:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Been using this for almost 2 years...very happy wit it, the texture a bit thick to be toner..but the product does what it say...it moisturize skin nicely, make skin look healthier...and reduce wrinkle.. and a bottle can last about 3-4 months depend on how u using it...

I have been using this on an evening after my toner and before my face cream for three weeks now. I was using a DMAE serum on a morning which I've just had to abandon dye to dryness issues. I originally thought it was this lotion but after a process of elimination realised it was the DMAE. Anyway, this lotion has to be patted on gently avoiding the eye area. I take it right down to my neck and up to my hairline. The texture is a cross between a liquid and a gel, but it dries very quickly and is not tacky. It seems to add extra hydration and although the percentage of anti-ageing ingredients is probably low (it's difficult to tell from the Japanese packaging), I'm happy to incorporate an extra step to my routine in the belief that every little helps. It certainly hasn't irritated my skin at all. In all honesty, I'm not sure if it's firming up my skin yet but I will update my review in a few weeks. UPDATE: not for me with my somewhat sensitive skin - I've abandoned it for something less harsh.