Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 04

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.4

I got this color many months ago on a whim because I thought it was such a strange but pretty color. I used it for my flapper costume on halloween for the first time. This color is so glamorous, but, for me, its super dark for everyday wear. To make it more wearable, I put a little on my finger and dab it on my lips, and it gives them such a gorgeous stain! The formula is super creamy, and the color stays on pretty well. I can see why some people would be bothered by the scent (it has a confusing smell; not sure if its supposed to be sweet or powdery?), but I could care less about scents; the only thing I'm worried about it color pay off, and this has it!

I don't know if they discontinued this shade or not, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere :( If so, I think it is going to be difficult to find a sufficient dupe...

Great colour, I found it really tough to find a decent purple lipstick. It is very dark, but I think if you're going to wear a purple lipstick it needs to be dark. Glides on easily and stays on well. For it's price, it's a great quality. Also makes your teeth look whiter.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a great lipstick, considering it is difficult finding such eccentric colours like this one in drugstores, I'm pretty impressed. The pigmentation of this won me over, however the slightly glossy finish of this does throw me off sometimes,I do prefer a matte finish but for the price I'm really not complaining. I was thinking of getting MAC Cyber or Smoked Purple but I think that saga shall come to rest as I now have this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

After searching forever for a deep purple lipstick (I was initially going to get Revlon's Va Va Violet, but after reading negative reviews about the pigmentation, I decided against it), I picked this guy up. I honestly don't mind the waxyness, I feel like that was necessary for the good pigmentation this offers. It lasts a long time, and I don't find it particularly drying, I just put some balm underneath. The reason I knocked a lippie off was because it smells strange to me. It's like it was supposed to be fruity, but it smells kind of like grape cough syrup or something. It just makes me feel a bit sick until the smell wears off. Other than that though, good stuff!

I really like this color. I gave up wearing lipstick years ago, because I have small lips. I was intrigued by this color because they used to make it in a lipgloss (2003). I was not disappointed. I'm vIery fair, but it doesn't wash me out. I applied this color after lip primer, liner, & with a lip brush to control the application of it. Dabbing a little white lip gloss in the center or your pout with this, makes your pout pop. This is a great neutral plum for fall.