Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 04

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

I got this color many months ago on a whim because I thought it was such a strange but pretty color. I used it for my flapper costume on halloween for the first time. This color is so glamorous, but, for me, its super dark for everyday wear. To make it more wearable, I put a little on my finger and dab it on my lips, and it gives them such a gorgeous stain! The formula is super creamy, and the color stays on pretty well. I can see why some people would be bothered by the scent (it has a confusing smell; not sure if its supposed to be sweet or powdery?), but I could care less about scents; the only thing I'm worried about it color pay off, and this has it!

I don't know if they discontinued this shade or not, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere :( If so, I think it is going to be difficult to find a sufficient dupe...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful, eggplant, vampy lip!

If you are into vampy, deep purple lips and want something cheap but pigmented, this is the lippie for you. 04 is a very pigmented eggplant purple. With two swipes you'll have reached maximum opacity but it can easily be sheered out to a lovely purple lip stain for the faint of heart. If you're a little wary of oxblood/dark lips or any lipstick shades for that matter, sheering it out and wearing it like a lipstain is a great way to wade into something different. (Just pat on in thin layers and blot as you go). This lippie is creamy with a nice satin shine. The bullet has a very faint smell of vanilla which is undetectable when worn. Dupe wise, this shade is very similar to Wet n Wild's Mega Last lipstick in Vamp it Up. If you can't find Vamp it Up and are desperate for that gothy lip, this would make a great alternative and for only a few bucks more. This shade looks great over a dark purple lip-liner for extra precision and color pay-off and over black eyeliner as lip liner you can really deepen the shade. The packaging is wicked cute, and I love Rimmel London- and now I want to try more of these Kate Moss endorsed lippies! This is an all around sound lippie and even if you would only wear this for special occasions, or Halloween, its worth having as a staple shade in your lipstick arsenal!

Definitely a good budget choice for purple lips. Although I wish the Kate Moss lipsticks came with names, I certainly can't argue with the quality. The actual product smells like a mix of artificial grape and vanilla, but don't let that deter you as it doesn't linger upon application. The shade is full on opaque after two passes, and it feels comfortable to wear. I would describe the finish as a semi-matte, it is pretty close but there is a little bit of sheen to it. The color is actually a somewhat warm, deep purple, though the warmth to it is minute. Overall, it is a nice lipstick, budget friendly while still retaining a good dosage of quality. If you were displeased with Revlon's Va Va Violet, this a wonderful substitute that is in the same price range and in the drug store.

I really like this color. I gave up wearing lipstick years ago, because I have small lips. I was intrigued by this color because they used to make it in a lipgloss (2003). I was not disappointed. I'm vIery fair, but it doesn't wash me out. I applied this color after lip primer, liner, & with a lip brush to control the application of it. Dabbing a little white lip gloss in the center or your pout with this, makes your pout pop. This is a great neutral plum for fall.