The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream

The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream
The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream - Shade 02

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/9/2019 1:03:00 AM

I bought it in 01 shade and it's slightly darker than my own skin(Mac NW/NC15).
Eventhough it's a BB Cream not a Foundation,I expected more coverage from it.I'm a scale of 0 to 10,it's coverage is 0.5 .my favorite BB cream is Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream seems to have at least 4 times more coverage and a lot of people believe it has very sheer coverage so I think this Body Shop BB cream's coverage will satisfy very few people.I like sheer coverage for my daily makeup.I have very slight redness on my cheeks and very few,almost unnoticable acne scars on sides of my face,it partially covered my redness and failed to completely even out my skin.I think they should have named it tinted moisturizer because it doesn't have any SPF as we expect from a BB cream and fails to even out skin as we expect from a CC cream
But I'm giving it 3 lippies because:
1.I like it's natural dewy finish
2.it doesn't break out my sensitive,reactive skin(I though it's going to cause problems because of the tiny beads it has in it's texture)
3.I always moisturize my face before wearing any tinted cream even when my skin is in good condition.recently my skin had an alergic reaction to Nivea Soft and I had to use acne treatments which made my skin superdry and flakey,itchy and red.yesterday I was in a hurry and forgot to use a moisturizer beneath this cream and applied it to my bare face.I was surprised to see it blended smoothly on my face and my dry patches didn't show up(except around my mouth area which has sever eczema)(I used my fingers to apply and blend it),so it must have some good moisturizing factors
Another negative is that when I returned home I saw that my skin looks horribly unevened.it faded away in some spots and remained in some other areas or maybe it had oxidized so some places of my skin looked darker than the other places.but I think this problem may be solved by using a moisturizer and primer
Body Shop products are very difficult to find and pricey in my country.still I would have repurchase it if came in a lighter shade and it had some coverage or a decent SPF because I like how light it feels on skin and gives a true "my skin but very slightly better" effect,it doesn't look cakey or sit in pores and fine lines,it's as if you have no makeup,well before it turns to the mentioned hot mess
So for now I'm un decided and I don't know if I like it or not
I like it's packaging a lot but the silver layer is falling apart even though I have used it only a few times

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this on a whim in shades 04, my complexion is medium brown and I love it. I don't like wearing heavy foundations and got decent skin with few blemishes. Matte foundations with full cover makes me look older and at 34 I'm looking for a dewy light weight formula that compliments my skin. This is my current winter favourite. It's very easy and quick to apply and I do so with Real Techniques Complexion blender brush. The bb cream don't settle in to fine lines and makes my face feel moisturised!

on 11/30/2018 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I read the reviews after purchasing and before using this product. I liked it in store, and I liked the idea of it. I have used a product like this before by the Canadian company Quo. However, this one seemed lighter than that one, which wS actually quite heavy. So, I was hesitant when I first put this on. I applied my vitamin c serum and sunscreen and then used my fingers to spread this on top. In the beginning, there was no magic, though it felt truly lovely on my fine, clear dry skin. It was only after a few minutes that I noticed how glowing and natural my skin looked. I have shade 2 and am an NC 30/35. I took off a lippie due to the fact that I don't agree that this is truly a bb cream. As many have stated, this contains no sunscreen and doesn't really "cover", but for my skin, which is quite clear, though blotchy and pigmented in places, it works wonders. This is more of a CC cream, as it tones rather than hides. So, as with many things on this site, it really has to suit your skin type and needs. I personally love this.

on 8/20/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think I was too negative about this stuff in my initial review. I wanted a BB cream that hid blemishes, and this doesn't do that without concealer on top.
But since I first reviewed this product, I found myself wanting a lighter makeup look and went looking for another BB cream. There aren't that many BB creams with dark shades available, so I picked this stuff up again, and it was way better than I remembered and ticked so many of my boxes. It really doesn't have great coverage, but now that my skin is somewhat clear, it gives me a light base to blend a few dots of concealer into. It really brightens up my face and makes it look lightly bronzed. The finish feels moisturising and lightweight. I do a dusting of finishing powder because I have combination skin and it can get oily but the finish is still dewy and looks very natural.
I think if you want a product that actually covers you up then you shouldn't go for this because it's such light coverage. But I found it was well suited to me and what I wanted to do. While I still think the price is a bit much I actually found another tube for £2 on clearance!... I hope this doesn't mean it's getting discontinued.

on 8/12/2017 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

do not buy this unless you have perfect doll skin !! Its very very terrible, doesn't skin match, feels and smells terrible and leaves my skin super oily, shiny and feeling heavy somehow.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great as a foundation base, particularly for dry complexions. It will nourish, add a soft colour correcting veil. Then off you go- or apply your foundation. It's completely VEGAN, with the latest colour adapting technology 👍

on 2/27/2017 11:35:00 AM

I got suckered into buying products on 3 for 2 at The Body Shop recently.
This was sold as something I could use all over my face or as an under eye product. It looked ok in the shop. However, I found the pigmented beads to be a bit rough and this doesn't actually do anything. It seems hydrating and didn't irritate my skin, however. I don't think it has an SPF (or not enough SPF, perhaps). I would probably just stick to a light textured foundation or a BB cream that provides some coverage.

on 2/20/2017 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Made my face very oily and came out an orangey colour when applied. I found I had breakouts the day after use and hardly covers blemishes just makes your skin a little more dewy. If u rub too hard it just crinkles off your face - not smooth texture and too watery. Wouldn't buy again as it just makes my face look streaky and orange with no coverage at all

on 2/20/2017 9:55:00 AM

I bought this product after it was recommended by a friend.
Even knowing the color adapting thing is simply not true, I decided to give it a try. What a mistake!
It is very runny and easy to make a mess with, also difficult to apply evenly. It has these spheres that contain the pigment, they pop when applied and oxidise (the so called color adapting). This means that it is scratchy and you really have to rub your face for the color to change. It isn't moisturizing at all and the finish is yellowish, powdery and settles into every wrinkle, crack or dry spot. Just awful.
My friend who liked it said hers came with a primer from the same brand. Maybe it works this way but, it defeats the whole purpose of having a BB cream, it makes no sense at all!

on 2/16/2017 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought 2 of these before I found my match ...and glad I did because this product is AMAZING! Light to medium coverage and definitely covers blemishes and red marks. It comes out white and goes darker as you apply. Adjusts to your skin type and feels fresh all day. You cannot tell I am wearing make up, looks so natural. (which is the look I am going for)
It is a bit pricey for the small amount that it is, I do feel like I will run out very quickly but I do love this product and have already recommended it to friends.