Blow Pro Faux Dry Dry Shampoo

4.2

I have been using this for a while and i'm not sure how I feel. As far as powder dry shampoos go it is definitely a better one. I liked the packaging at first (the little hole on top is genius) but mine sprays out in weird directions so I find it hard to control.

So, I have been using Oscar Blandi for a long time, but when visiting my parents house I found an old bottle of Blow that I left there. I started using it again, and it was the longest I went without washing, AND my hair looked good the whole time! SO... I bought a new bottle to use at home, and I HATE the new packaging. I can't get any of the product out, and my hand hurts so much after squeezing it to try and get some out that it is ridiculous.

I've looked at YouTube video's to see if I'm doing something wrong - the new package simply does not work as advertised. Best damn dry shampoo out there, but I have to go back to looking for a new HG dry shampoo because I just can't get it out of the stupid bottle to work.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/28/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm updating my review of Blow Pro bc I may not have given it a fair shake at first.
It is basically cornstarch packaged into a spray bottle. For fans of using cornstarch in lieu of commercial dry shampoos, the packaging is convenient bc it sprays.

However I take back my quip about looking like Frederick Douglass or a refugee from Burning Man Festival bc it's so powdery. Though it has the potential to be dusty if you're heavy-handed, subsequent use is worth using this product -- if you're strategic where you put it in your scalp & use a light hand. Tip: Disperse the misty powder that comes out after the initial spray through your strands to soak up any excess oil/odors.

I stand by my initial review that it'll be more invisible and blendable for fair-hair types. However it's a good product & worth having on standby when you dont have the convenience of classic spray bottle dry shampoos handy.

Plus it's unscented!

on 1/27/2015 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had been looking for a dry shampoo that was fragrance free when I came across this. Previously, I had been using corn starch in a salt shaker which worked ok but was was difficult to use. The price tag on this turned me off a bit but I decided to try it out. I love it. The squeeze bottle lets out just a fine dusting of powder that is easy to work in and becomes invisible on my dark hair. I have curly hair so I never brush it. I just lift sections, apply the the powder to the root areas around my head, massage it all in and then give my roots a good shake to release any excess poweder. The excess oil is abosorbed but the hair still feels soft with lots of volume.

I've had the same bottle for about 6 months now and I use it about twice a week and maybe have used about a 1/3 of it.

on 7/13/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: I am a dry shampoo junkie. The product itself works very well. I can use the 3 days in a row (my usual dry shampoo time frame) Absorb oil quickly. No scent. Easily to brush to distribute thorough hair.

(previously I hated the packaging) There is a bit of a learning curve if one is use to aerosol format. Don't squeeze to hard...huge plume of dry shampoo comes out. I find this product lasts me a longer time then my prior fav dry shampoo that an aerosol.

on 7/3/2014 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

While I try to avoid using dry shampoo, I have tried a few different brands. This is one of the best. I don't find that aerosol dry shampoos do much to absorb oiliness, but this fine powder really gives back volume and gets rid of the greasiness. I just wish they made it in a dark colour, as it does leave a white cast that can be difficult to brush out, especially if you need to use a lot. Something I really like about this product is that it doesn't really have any smell, so it doesn't clash with my perfume.

on 6/15/2014 2:37:00 PM

This is the only thing that works for my long, thick dirty blonde hair. With other dry shampoos I used to get maybe one more day out of my style -- I can use this 3 days in a row and my hair looks great. I also love that there is no scent because the scents are usually overpowering. I just mist perfume in my brush before brushing my hair.

I love this stuff! Amazing dry shampoo. Definitely the best one I've tried so far. I've tried Batiste (which was my go-to, but I didn't love it. Hair looked dingy and dirty only a few hours after application), Oscar Blandi, Dove, and Herbal Essences. I love how this doesn't use aerosol..it uses more of a manual "poof" that is finely milled. Good ingredients. No scent. My new HG dry shampoo! Kinda steep price though..I got it at Ulta for $20. We'll see how long it lasts.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this dry shampoo! It does its job. I have normal to thick color treated hair which is prone to get oily after using sulfate free shampoos and not washing it to prolong my color. When your hair is feeling greasy this is a safe bet and it refreshes your style.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This received mostly positive reviews on other websites, and I've been looking for a good dry shampoo, but unfortunately, this is not it. At least for me - I have fine, straight color-treated hair. This might work for someone with a different hair type (I would say that if you have thick, light colored hair, give it a shot). This did an ok job of absorbing oil, but it left my hair looking dull. It's also white, which was a bit difficult to blend into my dark reddish brown hair. I think you could probably use baby powder and get the same effect, but at a much cheaper price (product is $20 for 2.4 ounces).