InnisFree No Sebum Loose Powder

InnisFree No Sebum Loose Powder
No Sebum Loose Powder

4.1

SILICA, CORN STARCH MODIFIED, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, CAPRYLIC/CAPRICTRIGLYCERIDE, MICA, METHICONE, MINERALSALTS, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, MENTHA ARVENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, FRAGRANCE

on 11/27/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is sensitive, acne prone, and has a tendency to get oily in the T-Zone especially when I'm wearing makeup. This is one of the best powders I've tried. It keeps me matte for a good amount of time (~6 hours) and leaves no white cast on my MAC NC30 skin. This powder might not work if you're extremely oily or dry; however, if you're someone like me who doesn't get particularly oily/dry, then I would recommend this powder. A definite repurchase from me!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The product is average. I have oily skin this product only keeps me matte for at most 1-2 hours (the hot and humid weather here doesn't help too). Although it's really cheap, I think this would better suit people with drier skin, those with oily skin give should give this a miss and try find a better powder.

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/8/2016 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

I don't like this powder. I don't think that it does what it claims or that it looks good on the skin.

It does not keep matte for more time, I think that at the drugstore there are powders that help control the oils way better.

It only comes with one shade and it should leave a transparent look on the skin. It doesn't. I'm quite fair skin, I don't mind the color, but I can definitely tell it leaves some yellowish color on the skin.

The powder is too thick for a loose powder, it can very easily leave you with that heavy texture look and only makes you look that you put a lot of makeup on and you have a ton of flaws on your skin. It isn't good.

Btw, I also bought the Innisfree No-sebum blur primer and this primer is HORRIBLE. I mean, I can tolerate the powder and use it from time to time, because it sets my makeup and does the job like a regular powder would do... Oh but the primer, it's the worst thing that I've tried for oily skin.
When you put it, it kind leaves a matte finish and a smoth, even and poreless look. But right there I could fell in my fingers the oils left from the primer.. 1h hour later.. my skin will be a oily mess. It just bad.

on 7/8/2016 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It give you a flawless finish, literally. After using this powder over your foundation or concealer, your skin will feel very smooth !!

And this stuff is very affordable ! def. recommend this loose powder! Although if you have very dry skin, don't bake with this powder, your dry patches will show. As I have normal to dry skin, I use this loose powder only to set my make up so it wouldn't crease.

on 4/9/2016 10:47:00 AM

This is surely my to go loose powder. Never fail to come back to this loose powder after I had ran out of it. This has got many other uses as well. One of which I used it for my oily fringe at the end of the day. Take a little powder and put it in your hair and look fresh again. It is easy to carry around and does not cause any break out as well.

on 2/20/2016 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is such a great inexpensive powder, that can easily compete with any other high-end brand when it comes to it's performance. The smell is rather minty, the size of the package is small, which is perfect, if you like to carry it in your purse with you. The powder itself is superfine, the finish is matte, but on the natural side, it leaves my skin babysmooth and doesn't emphasise the pores or wrinkles or leave a white cast, so it's really a translucent powder. I have very sensitive skin, that breaks out easily and this powder never gave me any troubles.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have normal skin, maybe verging on dry because it is Winter as I write this review so I won't be talking about the sebum control. That being said, I really like this powder. It is super finely milled, light, smells faintly of mint, and blends well. It is also non-clumpy. I used a skunk brush to put this on top of my skin 79 BB the other day and it felt so smooth to the touch, but at the same time the powder density level was just enough for it not to produce a huge powder cloud when I opened it.

For the in depth review, keep reading:

The casing is a small round cylinder in a mint color that boast with a screw top lid. The lid says " NO-SEBUM Mineral Powder with jeju natural minerals and natural originated mint". Inside, when you first open it, is a powder puff with a little ribbon handle that has innisfree print across the ribbon and below that is a plastic separator with about 8 holes in it that has the holes taped shut with a round piece of non residue leaving tape. I never like opening it all the way, because that ends up releasing too much powder, so I pulled back the tape enough for three holes to be open and then cut it (safety knife/box cutter it would have produced the best cut for the tape not to be sticking out). It contains 5g of powder.

The powder itself is super chalky white, with a matte appearance and a barely matte finish that goes on sheer for the most part. It doesn't clump up and doesn't feel like it has the ability to clump up. No shimmering of any kind, unlike mica minerals. The texture is so soft on the face, you'll have to feel it! I was really surprised by it, though I did notice that where my makeup was heavier it did crinkle a little. I'm not sure if it is from the excessive makeup in that area because I applied the BB cream a bit thick there (the upper cheek by the orbital bone) or the powder just didn't do well there, but its just a heads up. When I touched my face immediately after it didn't really feel like the powder rubbed off on my fingers. When I scrunched my face a few time I also didn't notice the powder change and remained as smooth as the foundation. I'm thinking it probably works best with a lighter foundation and makeup regime. Maybe not so great for heavy makeup and also I want to say this plus skin79 gold BB cream made for some really awkward light face in certain lighting, so you may want to check it beforehand if you are in for a day of flash photography and you use that combo.

The scent of mint also really made me like the product, but I can see some people not liking it because it may smell medicinal to them. At first I couldn't pin point the smell because it's not that heavy, but after realizing it I quite enjoyed it.

On Amazon it ranges from about 6-8 dollars, depending on if you buy it from a fulfillment by Amazon center or direct from seller. I bought it fulfilled from Amazon because I didn't want to wait however long it would take to ship from Korea, but if you don't mind the shipping time it would probably be closer to 6 dollars.

Overall I liked it, and would purchase it again. I want to put emphasis on the softness of the powder and the fact that it doesn't create a mess when you open it! There is also a No Sebum Mineral Pact version for those of you who reapply throughout the day and would like to keep it in your purses.

Thanks for reading!

on 1/16/2016 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Make your skin like a baby!! Very smoothhhh!! I love it.

on 12/12/2015 9:31:00 PM

This powder broke me out on my nose, and my nose never breaks out. This product is such a disappointment. I will definitely not repurchase. So over korean skincare and makeup. Also, this didn't keep my face from becoming oily.

on 11/26/2015 3:57:00 AM

Works well for a oil absorbing powder. Product is small for it's price. Screw on cover sometimes gets stuck so have to close it properly.

Powder is white colored but goes on sheer. When applied, it is not obvious there is powder on the face which is good.