Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in moonstone

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in moonstone
Shimmering Skin Perfector in moonstone

4.4

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Dextrin, Sucrose, Urea, Glutamic Acid, Hexyl Nicotinate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Fructose, Glucose, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, BHT, Alcohol Denat., Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the product to get if you want to try illuminators but not look like a glitter bomb or a grease ball. I've experienced several bad moments in the stores because I would try a highlighter tester and it made me look like a kid who got into her mother's makeup, so I never got into the technique. I recently read a blog that recommended this as something to help brighten the face and found a lot of positive reviews when researching it. I decided on the moonstone shade because I felt it matched my skin tone best and didn't want anything that added color, and the liquid because it is more versatile.
I have used it as both a spot illuminator and also combined with my foundation and both methods give a nice glow, it just depends on if you want an all over fresh look or if you want to highlight and enhance. I have a few fine lines and this doesn't settle into them one bit and actually helps to make them less noticeable. A pump added to a matte foundation helps it spread more evenly but doesn't take away from any mattifying effects. I have been getting lots of compliments when adding it to a BB cream I felt was past its prime.

on 11/15/2016 6:08:00 PM

Haven't found any more natural and better highlighter for my NC20 skin. There is just glow, 0 glitter and the shimmer is so fine, you can't detect it even in sun light. My only complaint is the pump that pumps way, way too much. You need to pump once in a small air tight container and then use it for days, otherwise it's a waste. It also stays on my skin through the day with minimal fading, even though I have combo skin. I'm considering to get a backup, though this will last me for a very long time and I've already had it for around a year and a half.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Instant HG, as in love at first sight. I bought this for $50 on sale at AdoreBeauty this week after doing my usual online research and in-store swatching. Moonstone is the only shade I decided would match my skin for my purposes because it is yellow-toned and I am yellow/olive toned Asian with medium skin, say NC25-30. I like to play up the yellowness a lot to match my body and neck. So this looked perfect when swatched.

My highlighter wardrobe consists of RMS Living Luminizer, Mary-Lou Maniser, Loreal lumi magique liquid. I sort of have one in each finish, and I am happy with them all but not completely satisfied. I was looking for something that would give me a kind of radiance and natural youthful glow, whether that be subdued for day or glammed up for night. I agonized over getting the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused or Dim but on my skin the Dim did nothing and the Diffused was actually glittery.

I saw Tati on YouTube pat this on her cheekbones over her fdtn and it looked amazing so I went ahead and bought this thinking I could either layer this under fdtn, mix with fdtn (as I do with the lumi magique) or do what Tati did. I did wonder why I needed another highlighter/illuminator, and indeed why another liquid one, when I have a liquid and I have a solid oil one.

As soon as I got this home, I did what Tati did and I was instantly like "shit I got game now". I literally looked beautiful, like a goddess. Instant goddess. I am like most MUA contributors, in that I have lots of makeup, I know a lot about makeup, and I've been wearing makeup for many years. Not much impresses me or surprises me anymore because my expectations are very high, especially with a high end product like Becca. So when this applied and I was instantly shocked, it was a good thing.

I intend to mix this with fdtn for day and then add to the cheekbones. I also put some down my nose and under my brows and on the cupids bow, it was gorgeous. It is like lumi magique but yellow whereas lumi is pearly white. It is also nicer in texture. It is more natural on my skin over fdtn than the RMS LL, and more beautiful. It is natural but very pigmented. It just looks like a real glow. In the jar, RMS looks quite yellow but on my skin next to Moonstone it looks whiter. On my skin, RMS looks chunkier than Moonstone. So overall, I am siding with Moonstone over RMS. Moonstone is also more versatile. Mary-Lou Maniser has way more strobe effect, and hard to get right for daytime. It does not look as natural. As I've said, I prefer the colour of Moonstone to Lumi. If I could go back in time, I would only have purchased this one. For some reason, I did not think to put a liquid on my cheekbones. But this is perfect for that.

Packaging is awesome. Plastic, slim, travel friendly, but luxe looking with the signature Becca lid and a nice vacuum sealing lid. Well it sort of "sucks" on tightly. I agree with what most people say in that you can't really pump a tiny bit out. But for those people, just get a tiny sample jar and squeeze some into that if you don't wanna use much each time.

I will NEVER leave home without this. Even on holidays. Till I die.

on 7/18/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lisa Eldridge is the queen and she uses this all the time, so I decided to try it. I bought the little travel size in case I didn't like it, still quite a bit of product. I have to say it one hundred percent lives up to the hype. It truly delivers the lit from within glow, it looks like actual skin. It delivers a very natural, subtle, lasting glow. It can be built up for a more striking highlight, but I think that could get greasy, I prefer to use this as a base and then go over with a powder highlighter if I want a more dramatic look. You absolutely could mix this in with your moisturizer for a believable glow, I don't do that because I am very oily, but I might try in winter or for an evening look. Beautiful on the collarbones too. Only thing I don't like about this is a little goes a long way, and even one drop from the tube can be too much, I feel like it's hard to get product out without wasting it. And this is an expensive product!

Very pretty for light skin tones. I love this and Opal. It wears great over powder blush and doesn't cake up. I also like to wear it to highlight the corners of my eyes.

on 4/3/2016 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am quite pale so this works very nicely. Such a buttery and creamy formula with amazing pigmentation. Blendability is great -only downfall is that the powder cracks very easily! So be very careful!

on 4/3/2016 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing! Lovely sheer glowy shimmer! I tried Opal and it didn't give me the "lit from within" look I want - it looked like a suntan oil bronzey aging slick slapped me in the face - pretty color, but too dark for a cheekbone highlighter on my NC 25-30 skin. Really made my skin look leathery.

But Moonstone, used sparingly, is really lovely on my cheek bones. It does creep ever so slightly into fine lines I never knew I had around my eyes after 8 hours. Fairly natural looking, blends in well with lots of finger dabbing, tapping, and rolling. I use about 1/2 a caper size drop on both cheek bones. I can't imagine mixing this in with foundation - I don't need to add even slight shimmer all over my face, as I'm already oily and work hard to get rid of that look. But in select facial locations - great. $41 is pretty steep, but the nice travel size squeeze tube for $19 is better & will last 2 lifetimes. Can't wait to wash a touch on my collar bones, shoulders, and fronts of calves & thighs in summer!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good as it gets right here. This product gives the most beautiful natural looking glow of any highlighter I've ever used. I have moonstone and opal. Opal is good too but a bit darker. Moonstone is PERFECTION on my nw15 skin and I would imagine it would look beautiful on just about anybody. Literally gives the effect of being lit from within. Love this and will ALWAYS repurchase. I have the travel size tubes and paid $18 for .68 oz. I'd love to get a full size bottle of this because the packaging of the full size is intensely beautiful to me. But the $18 tube is practical and contains what I need for less.lol go buy one. Run. You won't regret this one.

on 3/2/2016 9:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I picked up a travel size one of these on a whim and OMG, best liquid highlighter I've ever used. It's super easy to blend and the tone/color is gorgeous. This stuff really gives a 'healthy glow from within' look. They are expensive but unless you're going overboard and highlighting your whole face, it's going to last awhile. I usually use less than a pea sized amount every time I do my makeup (5ish days a week), so I expect my little travel size to last at least 6 months.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My HG highlighter was Dior Rose Diamond, and as its discontinued I had to look for something new. I settled on Becca Moonstone as I find if I just use a tiny bit, it's not too sparkly and can be blended with a little blush for an everyday glow. I think its a lovely highlighter, beautiful light champagne color, blends easily, not too harsh and makes my 56 year old skin feel pretty. Only downside is I can easily overdo it and I will try others. Using the tiny amount, this will last forever.