The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter

The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter
Vineyard Peach Body Butter

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Prunus Persica Kernel Oil/Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil (Emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emulsifier), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cera Alba/Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Prunus Persica Extract/Prunus Persica (Peach) Extract (Natural Additive), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 14700/Red 4 (Colour), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colour).

I didn't like the scent of this when I first starting using it - it smelt way too earthy for me (reminiscent of my Dad's greenhouse when I was a kid). However, over time the scent did grow on me and I ended up thinking it wasn't too bad, although of all the other TBS scents this definitely still scores lower than their Olive, Sweet Lemon and Passionfruit ones.

As for the body butter itself, it's standard TBS fare really. It's thick, moisturising, applies well, sinks in well and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturised all day without feeling greasy. And really, that's pretty much all I can ask from a body butter (unless they invent one that can make me a cup of tea and do my ironing!).

This body butter smells fab! The smell lasts, it is a little expensive but you get a fair amount! The only reason i wouldnt buy this again is because i would like to try the other flavours.

on 7/12/2015 3:34:00 PM

I bought a body lotion of this same scent and I absolutely love it! The smell is fantastic and it really lasts! Although some people say that they don't like the smell, or that it smells 'medicinal', in my opinion it smells better the longer you have it on, and it really gets absorbed. I got it on sale for $6 and am not sure I would repurchase if it were full price, but I think it's a great product if you can catch a sale.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

the smell is a bit overpowering even for a peach-lover like me, but the product itself works great!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells SO YUMMY. The peach scent is fresh, not cloying, and lingers so that I can still smell traces when I wake in the morning when I apply it at night. It's wonderfully moisturizing and super thick, so a little goes a long way.

on 1/9/2015 10:07:00 PM

I`m not a fan of the scents of Body Shop butters, but this one is amazing. A natural scent of freshly picked ripe peaches that wafts off your body is not something I will pass up. It reminds me of the seasonal fruit stalls in European farmers` markets. It moisturizes my skin very well and a little bit goes a long way. This is the only reason I ever go into Body Shop stores these days.

I find all the body butters from The Body Shop to be great, but this scent is the best for me! Smells like real peaches, so fresh, sweet and not at all fake! However the smell does not last for more than an hour, which is great for me as it would alter the scent of my perfume. Will repurchase when I run out!

on 8/14/2014 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I thought I would've loved this but the scent gets on my nerves after too long. It smells off somehow. Hydration is great though and product is awesome as usual for the Body Shop.

on 7/15/2014 12:11:00 PM

it smells divine, like real peaches! love it!

on 5/23/2014 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE the body butters from The Body Shop.They are a bit pricey ($20 for a large tub) so I usually wait until Ulta puts them on sale--they run BOGO 50% off pretty frequently and their coupons can be used on Body Shop products.

I have used the strawberry and mango body butters for years and discovered the peach a few months ago. I am a sucker for anything peach, so I just had to pick it up. It moisturizes just like the mango formula, but I have noticed that it is a bit thicker than the mango and takes a little more time to spread out and rub into my skin. The smell stays true on my skin and I can still smell a hint of it for a few hours after application, but it is not so strong that it interferes with the perfume I wear (either D&G Light Blue or Coach Poppy). I have pretty sensitive skin and have no issues with irritation.

I do like that the body butters come in tubs, since it allows you to get every last bit of product out. The different flavors/scents are different colors so they are easy to tell apart. The tubs are pretty sturdy and definitely superior than the flip-top on the body butters that come in tubes (I always seem to break the hinge!).