La Roche Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

La Roche Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

4.4

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 5/2/2016 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This was a staple in my skincare wardrobe for healing trouble skin. That is until I discovered snails. Once you go snail you can never go back.

This product really doesn't do much for me. It was recommended to me bc I had cracks and redness on my hands. I don't think she even knew herself what it was for. It's good for post cosmetic procedures but not for dry cracks on hands. It will make it worse. No use for me.

To Read all 64 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/7/2016 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For my acne prone, dry, sensitive skin with huge pores and discoloration, this has been a god send. The cream is thick in texture and spreads easily onto the skin. There is anti bacterial properties in this cream, which I believe may be beneficial in healing and keeping my skin clear. I noticed a huge impact with my skin upon using it within the first couple of days: no break outs, not even one white head. Even texture and comfortable skin. Pores are also clearer. I believe this cream can be used all over the body and gentle enough to use on everyone including babies. Pretty much my new HG skin cream.

After two months of searching high and low for a product to really sort out my extremely sensitive, sore and flaky skin (I had an allergic reaction to another product :( ) This stuff has honestly been a life saver! I apply it in the morning before mineral foundation, works like a dream, and then at night time I apply it as normal but then add a really thick layer just to my problem areas to sit and soak overnight like a mask and within 3 days my flaky nightmare is a thing of the past. Does not make my oily t zone more oily, in fact my skin is the most balanced it's ever been and has not caused any breakouts. Amazing stuff, cannot fault it. Tip, pair with hydraluron serum underneath if you're really struggling with dryness and oh my lord, your skin will thank you for it!

on 3/31/2016 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It's good, but just not for my skin type...

Got breakouts after a few days using. The moisturizing ability is just medium. The texture is quite thick for my oily skin which takes pretty long to absorb, nevertheless the greasy feeling is still there...It does leave a bit of a white cast also.

I have to stop applying this on my face and use it only for my neck and other body parts if necessary, at least it helps with small injuries and rashes. I can also imagine this will work well with other skin type, plus the price is cheap...

Will not recommend this for someone with oily skin :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is amazing.

I suffer from terrible eczema in the winter and this stuff SAVED my red, itchy skin. I saw a difference after only a day or two of use! It's instantly soothing, yet soaks in quickly and doesn't feel itchy. Best of all it somehow doesn't break me out! My skin felt soft and soothed like I didn't have eczema at all.

If you suffer from painfully dry skin or eczema, I couldn't recommend this stuff enough!

Miracle cream! I bought B5 to repair and sooth my skin which is prone to dryness and had suffered in winter weather. I've been using it twice daily for a month now and not only has it resolved the dry patches but also evened my skin tone, completely vanished some red marks from spots and even improved the appearance of an old scar- none of which I expected. Although it is quite heavy it hasn't broken me out and sits well with makeup for daytime use. Can't understand the negative reviews for B5 as I wouldn't be without mine now - maybe consistent use twice daily (as instructed) is needed to see real results.

on 2/17/2016 4:52:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've heard many great things about the La Roche Posay brand and since I have such dry skin that it leaves me with dry and flaky spots on my forehead and the corner of the eyes I was recommended to use the Cicaplast version to really give my skin there a boost.

The formula is great, very heavy and almost feel like silicone and it really blends in to the skin leaving that part very hydrated. But for me I got a strong allergic reaction, my dry areas where I put the product left red marks and made a very unpleasant burning reaction so I strongly recommend that you try a bit of the product out first so you don't get the same reaction as I did.

But don't get me wrong, the product do as it says and I've used it on some of my clients which has worked wonders. I don't know what part in the ingredient list my skin can't stand and that's a shame because overall I really like this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As someone with acne prone, sensitive skin, this is one of the few moisturizers I've found that doesn't break me out or make my face oily. The balm is fairly thick and I've found it hard to apply on its own but great for mixing with a little squirt of serum or oil. The balm has a slight glue-like smell but it fades away upon application. It does leave a bit of a white cast unfortunately, but I'm really pale so it's not much of an issue for me personally. I got a 1.35 oz tube of this on Amazon for $15 and it lasted about 4 months with twice daily application. Overall, a fair deal and certainly worth a try if typical moisturizers don't do the trick for you.

on 1/19/2016 4:08:00 AM

It calms my break-outs. I always apply a heavy layer of B5 as a night cream. I have already used 4 tubes of it!