La Roche Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

La Roche Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

4.4

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

Excellent product. Applied to my skin on vacation in Iceland after being in a lot of wind. Worked like a dream for the dry patches. Smooth and supple skin in the morning. The nice thing about the product is that it does not leave a greasy film, sinks in quite well. No uncomfortable feelings whatsoever.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Winter hasn't been nice to me - nonstop peeling lips and dryer than ever skin. My preferred skin fixers aren't enough anymore. So... back to the drawing board. I like the brand's sunscreen, so I thought I'd give this a try. After 48 hours of use my skin went from an itchy rash-like break out to clear and calm. I have only tried wearing it under the anthelios 50 mineral tinted, and find the use of the cicaplast under the sunscreen doesn't dry my skin out like it does with just the ss alone. I have also been using it on my lips and they seem better, but using this isn't as convienent as a lip balm and needs to be constantly reapplied.
First impression: "whaaat? A LRP product under $20?" I open the box and feel skeptical, it's such a small tube. The naughty flip top cap gives more than I need. The texture is more of a cream than a balm and leaves a slight white cast. But that disappears after a few minutes, and once the product settled around in the tube and I used it a few times, it dispenses better. After slathering it on 2-3 times a day for two days, it seems there is still plenty of product in the tube. I'm thinking the same as I did with the 50 mineral tinted, that it's gonna go a lot further than I thought and worth the price - if I reserve it for facial use only.
After two weeks of use, my skin is feeling great and looking awesome, and I took advantage of a "buy 2 get one free" sale because I really like how well this product hydrates. It really helps my foundation wear in that I am not dried out at the end of the day and looking an additional 20 years older from my fine lines popping out. I am, however, disappointed in how quickly I went through the tube, as it is almost gone. I admit I have been using it generously, as well as on my hands at bedtime (it healed up a bunch of scratches and a small but bad burn) but two weeks? Overall, this is an awesome product, but not ideal for someone on a budget or not wanting to have to return to the store every few weeks for the same product.

on 1/14/2017 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this after burning my skin with 55% lactic acid. I was red,sensitive, scaly and tight. This fixed my skin within a day. It is heavy and whitish, but it works. Will buy again for any skin issues. The lip balm is also great for dry winter skin. I think it will works well on sunburned skin. And lips. Paid 15.99 for 40 ml at shoppers drug mart. 8.99 for lip balm.

A truly great product. I have fair, combination skin which, when treated well is generally easy to care for. However during hormonal/stressful/poor diet phases, it can be quite reactive and spot prone. I was losing my mind this Winter with dry, flaky, spotty, red skin that would not respond to anything! I changed my entire routine/products and nothing helped -until I found this. It is instantly soothing, doesn't clog pores, and is semi-fast absorbing. Probably too heavy to use all over the face, every day. But used topically it is an absolute dream. A real all-purpose saviour.

on 12/8/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Fantastic product to have on hand for skin irritations or extreme dryness. I'm someone who needs to remove a fair amount of facial hair, which can sometimes leave tightness and small bumps under the skin for a few days. I use this on my face on damp skin (a mineral water spray) after hair removal, and use it twice a day for about 3 days. I've found since using this product that I have virtually no bumps, and my skin feels very comfortable post-hair removal.
At the same time Cicaplast also cleared up some alarming patches of flaking skin which appeared on my forehead, possibly due to the cold spell or irritation from a hat I've been wearing.
The texture is somewhere between a cream and a paste. It's quite thick and contains zinc which leaves a slight white film, but I'm dark anyway so it may be less noticeable on lighter skins. It sinks in easily and is not greasy, so can be worn under makeup for daytime. In very cold weather this is an excellent protective and healing barrier cream.

on 11/19/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wow! This is an amazing little tube to keep on hand for dry skin. I had a sample of this, and I used it as a night cream while traveling. It is super-thick and healing, yet made my skin look very glowy. It almost instantly restored my parched-from-the-airplane skin. I immediately went out and bought a tube. The price is great for this line, and it gets rid of dry skin anywhere on your face or body.

on 11/17/2016 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've bought this twice. The first time, a couple years ago, I was having major skin issues, mostly seborrheic dermatitis. (I now believe this was due to menopausal changes; has since settled down.) So, mostly on my chin and upper hairline, I was scaling, peeling, and itching; not pretty. And getting very frustrated trying to find ANYTHING that helped.(Finally did find a couple of products that turned it around: Carina Organics Botanical Therapeutics Skin Cream Plus; and Lavera Baby & Kinder Protection Cream, see my reviews for these.)

So, I did use up the first tube, it seemed to be a good supportive therapy, but was just a tiny bit irritating when the seb derm was actively peeling. Or perhaps just not moisturizing enough... As anyone who's had / has seb derm knows, it's very baffling trying to stay a step ahead of symptoms.

So, a few months ago I saw this at Walgreen's for about $15, and got it again. My skin is now more in a maintenance phase, with occasional flare ups that I treat immediately, so it hasn't gone back to the really bad state. In this phase, I find this cream very helpful when my stupid chin can't decide whether to itch or get zits. Sigh... I absolutely cannot use majorly drying acne meds, especially on my chin, which is where I'm prone to breaking out. Very heavy sigh...

If I have an active zit, I can very gingerly apply a tiny dab of Alba Fast Fix for a Pimple (with a brush, JUST on the zit); or sometimes Paula's Choice BHA 9... though I must be very careful and as soon as the zit starts to dry up, I must back off of anything drying.

That's where this comes in; rather than my usual rich products, I apply this when and where I'm breaking out and it is fairly soothing and doesn't make the breakout worse. I suppose it sounds like I'm damning this with faint praise, but the truth is, there are very few products I can use, and really nothing else that works for this particular use. So yes, I find it helpful and useful and will repurchase as long as my very annoying skin continues to like it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is the LBD of skincare. I have sensitive, acne prone skin with dry patches and redness so it's hard for me to fall in love with a skincare product, but this is awesome and the price is really affordable for the quality. Highly recomended!

Did absolutely nothing for my skin. It broke me out, didn't help my dry patches or acne scars to heal. My sister swears by it though.

on 9/26/2016 5:36:00 AM

What can you say ... an excellent, soothing, very thick cream from one of the best daily-skincare brands in existence. It exists as a cream for repairing skin and have used it on facial sunburn to excellent effect.

The thing is ... it's just so thick. And in a way, why criticise that factor when that's the purpose of the cream? But that's just the thing, for me and my skin type, it's just too thick for the face. And it's too expensive to use as a general body moisturizer :)

I've taken to using the product in winter only (as have made a point of avoiding sunburn while aging ...!) and also as a very thick cream for dried-out knuckles/backs of the hands, or even the neck/decollete ... purchased it so will use it up, but am having to think of creative ways to use it.

Big supporter of this brand, but would not re-purchase for the face.