La Roche Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

La Roche Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

4.4

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 1/14/2017 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this after burning my skin with 55% lactic acid. I was red,sensitive, scaly and tight. This fixed my skin within a day. It is heavy and whitish, but it works. Will buy again for any skin issues. The lip balm is also great for dry winter skin. I think it will works well on sunburned skin. And lips. Paid 15.99 for 40 ml at shoppers drug mart. 8.99 for lip balm.

A truly great product. I have fair, combination skin which, when treated well is generally easy to care for. However during hormonal/stressful/poor diet phases, it can be quite reactive and spot prone. I was losing my mind this Winter with dry, flaky, spotty, red skin that would not respond to anything! I changed my entire routine/products and nothing helped -until I found this. It is instantly soothing, doesn't clog pores, and is semi-fast absorbing. Probably too heavy to use all over the face, every day. But used topically it is an absolute dream. A real all-purpose saviour.

on 12/8/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Fantastic product to have on hand for skin irritations or extreme dryness. I'm someone who needs to remove a fair amount of facial hair, which can sometimes leave tightness and small bumps under the skin for a few days. I use this on my face on damp skin (a mineral water spray) after hair removal, and use it twice a day for about 3 days. I've found since using this product that I have virtually no bumps, and my skin feels very comfortable post-hair removal.
At the same time Cicaplast also cleared up some alarming patches of flaking skin which appeared on my forehead, possibly due to the cold spell or irritation from a hat I've been wearing.
The texture is somewhere between a cream and a paste. It's quite thick and contains zinc which leaves a slight white film, but I'm dark anyway so it may be less noticeable on lighter skins. It sinks in easily and is not greasy, so can be worn under makeup for daytime. In very cold weather this is an excellent protective and healing barrier cream.

on 11/19/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wow! This is an amazing little tube to keep on hand for dry skin. I had a sample of this, and I used it as a night cream while traveling. It is super-thick and healing, yet made my skin look very glowy. It almost instantly restored my parched-from-the-airplane skin. I immediately went out and bought a tube. The price is great for this line, and it gets rid of dry skin anywhere on your face or body.

on 11/17/2016 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've bought this twice. The first time, a couple years ago, I was having major skin issues, mostly seborrheic dermatitis. (I now believe this was due to menopausal changes; has since settled down.) So, mostly on my chin and upper hairline, I was scaling, peeling, and itching; not pretty. And getting very frustrated trying to find ANYTHING that helped.(Finally did find a couple of products that turned it around: Carina Organics Botanical Therapeutics Skin Cream Plus; and Lavera Baby & Kinder Protection Cream, see my reviews for these.)

So, I did use up the first tube, it seemed to be a good supportive therapy, but was just a tiny bit irritating when the seb derm was actively peeling. Or perhaps just not moisturizing enough... As anyone who's had / has seb derm knows, it's very baffling trying to stay a step ahead of symptoms.

So, a few months ago I saw this at Walgreen's for about $15, and got it again. My skin is now more in a maintenance phase, with occasional flare ups that I treat immediately, so it hasn't gone back to the really bad state. In this phase, I find this cream very helpful when my stupid chin can't decide whether to itch or get zits. Sigh... I absolutely cannot use majorly drying acne meds, especially on my chin, which is where I'm prone to breaking out. Very heavy sigh...

If I have an active zit, I can very gingerly apply a tiny dab of Alba Fast Fix for a Pimple (with a brush, JUST on the zit); or sometimes Paula's Choice BHA 9... though I must be very careful and as soon as the zit starts to dry up, I must back off of anything drying.

That's where this comes in; rather than my usual rich products, I apply this when and where I'm breaking out and it is fairly soothing and doesn't make the breakout worse. I suppose it sounds like I'm damning this with faint praise, but the truth is, there are very few products I can use, and really nothing else that works for this particular use. So yes, I find it helpful and useful and will repurchase as long as my very annoying skin continues to like it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is the LBD of skincare. I have sensitive, acne prone skin with dry patches and redness so it's hard for me to fall in love with a skincare product, but this is awesome and the price is really affordable for the quality. Highly recomended!

Did absolutely nothing for my skin. It broke me out, didn't help my dry patches or acne scars to heal. My sister swears by it though.

on 9/26/2016 5:36:00 AM

What can you say ... an excellent, soothing, very thick cream from one of the best daily-skincare brands in existence. It exists as a cream for repairing skin and have used it on facial sunburn to excellent effect.

The thing is ... it's just so thick. And in a way, why criticise that factor when that's the purpose of the cream? But that's just the thing, for me and my skin type, it's just too thick for the face. And it's too expensive to use as a general body moisturizer :)

I've taken to using the product in winter only (as have made a point of avoiding sunburn while aging ...!) and also as a very thick cream for dried-out knuckles/backs of the hands, or even the neck/decollete ... purchased it so will use it up, but am having to think of creative ways to use it.

Big supporter of this brand, but would not re-purchase for the face.

on 9/15/2016 8:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I won't bother with stating what this is and what it does, as others have done that already, so let me just tell you why I think this should be a staple in everyone's bathroom cabinet.

It's very similar to Vaseline in the way that you can use it on literally anything - unlike Vasline, though, it will actually soothe and moisturise (whereas Vaseline will just act as an occlusive and seal in the moisture that already is in/on your skin). You can get it in 10/40/100ml tubes, and there also seems to be a 40ml version that has SPF50 (I'll get to that later).
It's not cheap, so much is true. However, a little goes a very long way (depending on how you use it), and it's ideed worth the money. I suggest you ask for a sample at your local pharmacy, and make sure you get the big 100ml tube, it comes cheaper in price/ml. I got the regular 100ml version at iparfumerie.at (they also ship to the US and most of the EU, you have to look at the bottom of the website) for 11,00€ and the SPF50 40ml tube for 9,90€ + 3,95€ shipping by the Post AT; I think the regular price is around 15-20€ for the 100ml version. (DISCLAIMER: I'm in no way affiliated to this website and/or the company behind it, and don't get any monetary compensation from them (ha, wish I did!). Just wanted to tell you where you can get the original product really cheap. Alternatively, feelunique.com (they also ship to a lot of countries) also have lower prices, and they often have sales and promo codes. I'm not affiliated to them either.)

It comes in a high-quality hard-ish squeezy tube with a sturdy flip top cap, so it will survive in the suitcase if you decide to take it on travels (although I'd recommend storing it in the handbag - I'll tell you why in a second). The product itself is thick, white and creamy, and it will stay that way on your face. I'm very fair (NC 10-15-20 with warm to neutral undertones) so it doesn't make much of a difference if I use it as a moisturiser, but on darker skins it might be a problem, especially with the SPF version since it contains non-nano physical filters. A light dusting of powder will solve the problem if you don't want to or can't use regular foundation (MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation has good coverage and a big shade range), but the powder will soak up some of the emollient and humectant ingredients in the cream, so I would refrain from this method if you don't absolutely have to.

As the name suggests, this is a multi-purpose cream. According to the packaging it contains a special mix of ingredients that speed up the regeneration process of damaged skin ("madecassoide + a mineral copper-zinc-mangan complex") and was supposedly formulated for post-surgery wounds (or so Lisa Eldridge says). The packaging and marketing certainly have a very clinical and medicinal air to them, but I find that the product itself also keeps up to that standard.
I mostly use it on lips, because mine get chapped easily from wearing a lot of matte lipstick, but I've also used it as an overall moisturiser several times and with great success (it's particularly genius on flights). I have combo-oily skin, and even products that are designed to mattify look disgustingly oily and greasy on me, but this - I'd even say this has a satin finish, if you know what I mean. I could wear this on its own; nobody would notice.
Another good use I found for it was applying it on freshly epilated armpits. I actually tried this first on my boyfriend, and he says the pain and redness went away after a day and a half. (Just for reference, my boyfriend doesn't even wash his face most days, but he swears by this stuff on his spots.)

As for the SPF version: I'd recommend it to people with inflamed acne or spots that have been extracted messily (like my boyfriend does), whether they want to use it punctually or all over; if the latter is the case, though, I'd advise them to use it in sufficient amounts (FutureDerm has a good article on it, just search for "how much is 2mg/cm^2"). When applied two times a day, as the packaging suggests, the inflamed area will heal in 3-5 days (at least that's been my experience), and the added photoprotection will help with PIH at the same time.

I always have both the regular version and the SPF50 verison in the house, but if you don't want to pay twice for what is essentially the same thing you should evaluate under which conditions you will use the cream, and how much you want to pay. If you spend a lot of time outside and get a lot of scrapes on your knees, say, then I'd go with the SPF version; if you're a student with a small budget and your lips keep drying out from the desaturated library air, get the big 100ml tube. For me, I don't go through the SPF version very quickly, but I do use a lot of the regular version, so I always order a tube of each.

I hope this was at least a bit helpful!

This was a godsend after a laser and hydroquinone treatment for me.
A little background on my skin: Hypersensitive, rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, dehydrated. melasma.
The last skin condition was the reason I got ruby laser on my melasma. After the laser, I got a strong mixture of retin-a, hydroquinone and cortisone. Needless to say that after this treatments, the parts of my skin (cheekbones and upper lip) where I had melasma were literally shredded.
Red, sensitized, raw skin was left after the treatment. My beautician saw this and insisted that I tried this product because my skin looked like it was burned under the magnifying mirror.
Enter Cicaplast Baume B5. What can I say? It literally worked miracles on my skin. I religiously used it every morning and every night on the raw skin parts and it transformed my skin from red and raw to healthy in 4 weeks.
The cream is rich without being overpowering heavy and sinks into the skin. The ingredients are glycerin, shea butter and panthenol which explains the nourishing and moisturizing effects I had. Especially my damaged skin just soaked this up.
I only used it on the raw spots at first and discovered it could be used as an eye cream, lip treatment and on my hand eczema too. I never used it on my whole face as I shy away from shea butter due to my eczema.
But I can easily imagine, if you don´t have any issues with the ingredients, that this can be a good moisturizer in wintertime or on damaged skin.
The multi-purpose claim is true and I carry a small size of this with me when I travel.
In comparison to the normal Cicaplast, the Cicaplast Baume wins effortlessly and is much better.
I highly recommend this little miracle worker.