La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

4.4

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 5/31/2017 12:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have combination skin with a few drier patches around my mouth. Though I dealt with the usual acne in my teens, I now only experience a stray pimple now and again, likely from stress and occasionally being bad about removing my makeup. I do have some redness and enlarged pores on my cheeks and this excessive redness, slightly exacerbated by some minor acne scarring, is largely what I wanted to deal with.

I was considering trying the Dr. Jart balm, as I've heard it's great for redness and dryness, but I didn't really want to spend that much right off the bat, and I really hate products that are packaged in jars. A quick Google search told me that the La Roche-Posay cream worked fairly similarly to the Dr. Jart balm, so for a third of the price and better packaging, I tried it first.

My first impression is that it's a little on the thick side and has that almost medicinal, "dry-oil" feel too it and smelled a tiny bit medicinal (though not a strong smell by any means). It absorbs surprisingly quickly for how thick it is, which is awesome.

After using for just a couple days, I've already noticed a reduction of the redness on my face. The dry patches also seem to be doing a bit better, which is more noticeable when I apply makeup in those areas and there's not as much texture. I haven't noticed much difference in my pores, but as this isn't an area that the product claims to treat, it's not a fault of the product.

Overall, it's already working on what I bought it for after just a few uses, namely the redness and the dryness. I also find that the effects last much longer than a normal moisturizer. Whereas normally I put on lotion and any moisturizing benefits are only felt for a couple hours, I really do find that this lasts a lot longer. leading me to believe it must be doing something to help "heal" the cause of the dryness.

Really impressed with the product and how fast it's been working for me and plan on keeping a tube around just in case.

on 5/5/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this. I use it on my face as my last step to help lock in moisture. It says to use for dry areas, but for me, it doesn't feel very moisturizing by itself, which is why I use a moisturizer before this. I also feel like it helps to reduce a pimple when I get one.

If I use it in the morning, I use oil blotting sheets since it does leave me a little shiny. It also worked well under my BB cream.

I'd compare this to Dr. Jart+ Cicipair Tiger Grass Cream. They both work pretty well and seem almost the same to me so I'd choose Cicaplast as the cheaper option. ($14.99 vs $48)

This is the no-frills-basic-yet-nothing-short-of-a-miracle moisturizer I´ve been searching for years.
A little background on my skin: My skin is basically combination in wintertime and oily in summertime and dehydrated all year round. On top of that it´s hypersensitive, has rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis and melasma.
I´ve been trying all the hyped "basic" and multipurpose moisturizers you´ll find on the top shelfs of beauty insiders and celebrities: Embryolisse, Aquaphor, Vaseline, Weleda Cold Cream and Skin Food. None of them worked for my skin and some downright wrecked my skin.
Enter this gem. I never once thought about trying this, but my beautician recommended it to me after a laser and hydroquinone treatment gone wrong.
At that time, I got ruby laser on my melasma. After the laser, I got a strong mixture of retin-a, hydroquinone and cortisone. Needless to say that after this treatments, the parts of my skin (cheekbones and upper lip) where I had melasma were literally shredded.
Red, sensitized, raw skin was left after the treatment. My beautician saw this and insisted that I tried this product because my skin looked like it was burned under the magnifying mirror.
I went and bought the small size of it in an online pharmacy.
Here in Germany you can get a 15 ml tube with a twist off cap and a 40 ml and 100 ml flip flop tube. It costs around 5 Euros for 15 ml, 9 Euros for 40 ml and 13 Euros for 100 ml.
There are 2 version of the cicaplast: The "normal" Cicaplast and the Cicaplast Baume B 5.
In comparison to the normal Cicaplast, the Cicaplast Baume B5 is more moisturizing. The normal Cicaplast is more like a clear silicone-based gel that acts like a second skin and the Baume B5 is a thick white moisturizing cream.
What can I say? It literally worked miracles on my skin. I religiously used it every morning and every night on the raw skin parts and it transformed my skin from red and raw to healthy in 4 weeks.
The cream is rich without being overpowering heavy and sinks into the skin. The ingredients are glycerin, shea butter and panthenol which explains the nourishing and moisturizing effects I had. Especially my damaged skin just soaked this up. On top of that, it has a special copper/zinc/mangan mix to reduce inflammation and soothe the skin.
I never used it on my whole face as I shied away from shea butter due to my eczema. But this winter, I used it on my cheeks as they tend to get dry in wintertime and need to be protected from the cold due to my rosacea.
Worked perfectly and if I ever needed a rich wintertime moisturizer, this would be the one.
I only used it on the raw spots on my face at first and discovered it could be used for so much more:
-Eye cream as my undereye area is very dry and if I´m suffering from especially dry eye area, I put this on top of my eye cream at night
-Lip treatment if I´m wearing a lot of matte lipsticks, I can put this on my lips to restore my lips
-On my hand eczema if I had a nasty episode and my hands are dry and cracking, I put this on my knuckles to heal the skin faster
-On spots to make them heal faster and minimize post inflammatory pigmentation
-On small wounds to make them heal faster
-Travel must have as it can help me with many issues from break outs to small wounds and sunburns. I always have a small size of this with me on beach vacations in case I would forget one of my skincare products like eyecream or moisturizer so I´d be able to use this instead.
So for me, the multi-purpose claim is true and I always have a larger size on my nightstand and a smaller size to take with me.
This might be worth a try if you´ve beem searching for a basic multi purpose moisturizer as I had and the popular alternatives haven´t worked for you. Since it has glycerin, shea butter and silicones as ingredients, you should be careful if you are acne-prone or your skin doesn´t like one of the ingredients.
I personally love this little miracle worker and it´s my HG basic multi purpose moisturizer.

This irritated my skin even though it's supposed to be a gentle multi tasking type of product. Just goes to show everything is so ymmv with skin. It has a dry texture and it's a small tube for $16 CDN but shoppers or rexall often run 20% off.

Excellent product. Applied to my skin on vacation in Iceland after being in a lot of wind. Worked like a dream for the dry patches. Smooth and supple skin in the morning. The nice thing about the product is that it does not leave a greasy film, sinks in quite well. No uncomfortable feelings whatsoever.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Winter hasn't been nice to me - nonstop peeling lips and dryer than ever skin. My preferred skin fixers aren't enough anymore. So... back to the drawing board. I like the brand's sunscreen, so I thought I'd give this a try. After 48 hours of use my skin went from an itchy rash-like break out to clear and calm. I have only tried wearing it under the anthelios 50 mineral tinted, and find the use of the cicaplast under the sunscreen doesn't dry my skin out like it does with just the ss alone. I have also been using it on my lips and they seem better, but using this isn't as convienent as a lip balm and needs to be constantly reapplied.
First impression: "whaaat? A LRP product under $20?" I open the box and feel skeptical, it's such a small tube. The naughty flip top cap gives more than I need. The texture is more of a cream than a balm and leaves a slight white cast. But that disappears after a few minutes, and once the product settled around in the tube and I used it a few times, it dispenses better. After slathering it on 2-3 times a day for two days, it seems there is still plenty of product in the tube. I'm thinking the same as I did with the 50 mineral tinted, that it's gonna go a lot further than I thought and worth the price - if I reserve it for facial use only.
After two weeks of use, my skin is feeling great and looking awesome, and I took advantage of a "buy 2 get one free" sale because I really like how well this product hydrates. It really helps my foundation wear in that I am not dried out at the end of the day and looking an additional 20 years older from my fine lines popping out. I am, however, disappointed in how quickly I went through the tube, as it is almost gone. I admit I have been using it generously, as well as on my hands at bedtime (it healed up a bunch of scratches and a small but bad burn) but two weeks? Overall, this is an awesome product, but not ideal for someone on a budget or not wanting to have to return to the store every few weeks for the same product.

on 1/14/2017 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this after burning my skin with 55% lactic acid. I was red,sensitive, scaly and tight. This fixed my skin within a day. It is heavy and whitish, but it works. Will buy again for any skin issues. The lip balm is also great for dry winter skin. I think it will works well on sunburned skin. And lips. Paid 15.99 for 40 ml at shoppers drug mart. 8.99 for lip balm.

A truly great product. I have fair, combination skin which, when treated well is generally easy to care for. However during hormonal/stressful/poor diet phases, it can be quite reactive and spot prone. I was losing my mind this Winter with dry, flaky, spotty, red skin that would not respond to anything! I changed my entire routine/products and nothing helped -until I found this. It is instantly soothing, doesn't clog pores, and is semi-fast absorbing. Probably too heavy to use all over the face, every day. But used topically it is an absolute dream. A real all-purpose saviour.

on 12/8/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Fantastic product to have on hand for skin irritations or extreme dryness. I'm someone who needs to remove a fair amount of facial hair, which can sometimes leave tightness and small bumps under the skin for a few days. I use this on my face on damp skin (a mineral water spray) after hair removal, and use it twice a day for about 3 days. I've found since using this product that I have virtually no bumps, and my skin feels very comfortable post-hair removal.
At the same time Cicaplast also cleared up some alarming patches of flaking skin which appeared on my forehead, possibly due to the cold spell or irritation from a hat I've been wearing.
The texture is somewhere between a cream and a paste. It's quite thick and contains zinc which leaves a slight white film, but I'm dark anyway so it may be less noticeable on lighter skins. It sinks in easily and is not greasy, so can be worn under makeup for daytime. In very cold weather this is an excellent protective and healing barrier cream.

on 11/19/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wow! This is an amazing little tube to keep on hand for dry skin. I had a sample of this, and I used it as a night cream while traveling. It is super-thick and healing, yet made my skin look very glowy. It almost instantly restored my parched-from-the-airplane skin. I immediately went out and bought a tube. The price is great for this line, and it gets rid of dry skin anywhere on your face or body.