La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

4.4

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing moisturizer.
I have fair, sensitive, combo skin that tends to get dehydrated. I’m not necessarily acne-prone, but I will react to a product easily. I don’t think I’ve met a LRP product I haven’t loved. You can’t really go wrong with this skincare line.
What I love about this “balm” is that it feels like it seals in all my other products I’ve put on, like Vaseline or silicone-heavy moisturizers, but also seems to add more active moisture to my skin, like more “active” moisturizers. It seems to soothe and “lock-in” to my skin and the products I’ve put on, while adding moisture and repairing the barrier of my dehydrated skin.
The LRP Balm comes in a white tube, and comes out as a thick, white cream. Despite its thickness, effectiveness, and being a “balm,” this product sinks into the skin beautifully. I’ve only used it as a night cream, but I could see dry, damaged, or dehydrated skin having no problem with it under makeup. It really seems to sink into the skin beautifully, without a white cast or oiliness.
This is definitely a product I would invest in if you are on (or going to be on) prescription retinols, getting laser treatments, or after doing a peel or heavy exfoliation. It’s going to give you that heavy dose of soothing moisture, while keeping the skin nice and repaired from any damage.
I very highly recommend this product. I could honestly see most skin types loving this, even if only as a sort of “SOS” type product.
Overall, I’d give this product an A Grade.
(I think if it was $10 cheaper or so, it would be A+, HG, no-other-night-cream status.)

on 6/19/2018 9:38:00 PM

Strangely, when my skin is at its most sensitive, this will sting on application and exacerbate dry skin. I was so disappointed as it seems to work for a lot of people, several IRL friends, colleagues etc invariably sing its praises. So I can't really conclude that this is a truly bad product, it just doesn't agree with my skin type. Price wise, it's on the lower end of LRP's skincare lines, can't remember exactly what I paid but it was less than £10.

The squeezy bottle is very welcome, no digging out cream from a jar or pot, and no pump refusing to let you get to the very last scraps of product at the bottom. It's a thick, off-white colour cream, with a consistency like high SPF sunscreens - ambre solaire jumps to mind. It doesn't leave a white cast though. Anyway, it feels like a soft and slightly tacky layer over the skin, and looks quite shiny on if applied liberally. It's also unscented.

I ran out of my usual rescue cream one day, and used this in the hopes of tiding things over until I could get it again. My skin was still worse for wear, but not as flaky or red, and surprisingly this time it didn't burn or dry me out. I guess it might be that this just doesn't work on broken skin. Whatever the reason, this is a decent "step down" protective moisturiser to use after the initial early wound repair has occurred at least. Sadly, I really dislike how awful this feels over my most sensitive skin areas in dire need of TLC, so I wouldn't replace this once it ran out.

on 6/14/2018 2:39:00 PM

Finally, something that totally rehydrates my oily yet dehydrated skin without clogging my easily clogged pores. More of a thick cream than a balm (very zinc like texture), I can use it at night or under tinted sunscreen during the day without issues. It goes on a bit white, but it rubs in clear and absorbs completely without being sticky at all. No oily slick, no clogged pores or break outs, no pilling or rubbing off. A pea size covers my face and neck. My skin gets very crepe and crinkly when its dehydrated making my skin look just horrible. Retin-A has helped keep my skin looking really good, but it dehydrates it even more making my cheeks and neck look super crinkly at times. I've been using L'Occitane's Divine Cream for years (really pricey for me at $105/jar) and loved it, but it only temporarily relieved the dehydration. With continued use, this has actually reversed it completely. My skin s completely hydrated and smooth. At $15 for a 40ml tube (lasting about 2 months using morning and some nights), its magic. After waxing and facials its super soothing. No scent and love the packaging...a travel TSA friendly flip top tube. I'm on my 4th tube of this and am so excited to have found a 'cure' for my dehydrated skin.

on 5/21/2018 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a HG product for me. My skin is very sensitive and I often get itchy/rashy spots on my body, such as on the back of my knees and on my wrists. Additionally, I wash my hands a lot and sometimes my hands will get really dry, making the skin on my hands susceptible to tiny cuts (very unpleasant and can be painful). Cicaplast Baume is amazing for my skin condition as it really soothes and heals these dry and itchy spots. I've noticed that when my hands are really dry, my regular thick hand lotion just isn't enough. Therefore, I put a layer of Cicaplast on top of my regular hand lotion before going to bed, and when I wake up in the morning, my skin has healed.

I'm now on my second tube of Cicaplast and just bought two more! Highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from sensitive, easily distressed skin. (Note: I have not tried this on my face as my face is oily; however, I've used this on my husband's face (he has normal skin) and there were no ill effects.)

on 4/20/2018 10:55:00 PM

I did not find this moisturizing nor soothing.

on 4/14/2018 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great product for skin irritations. During the winter months I suffer from mild to moderate eczema. This cream addresses these patches immediately. Patches are resolved within an hour. Squeeze tube packaging, cream is thick white, barrier cream thick as I expect. I thoroughly massage on the affected areas. Works great on areas that are dry and coarse: elbows, heels etc. I’ve tried it on my son who suffers from moderate teenage acne and he was impressed how effective this was for keeping the acne at bay reducing redness and localized swelling. (I have to stress it does NOT rid of acne- but temporarily reduced flaring.) Great medicine cabinet product to have on hand also great for vacay travels sunburns, insect bites etc. Scent free product.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Good stuff. This is really more the texture of a thick cream rather than a balm. Contains 5% of skin-soothing vitamin B5 and an antioxidant extract called madecassoside derived from the herb Gotu Kola. Studies show that madecassoside extract promotes wound healing and stimulates collagen synthesis. This also contains shea butter, glycerin and dimethicone. I use this for dry, cracked hands, feet, elbows, knees and my very dry, itchy neck. And I have had dramatic results with this product in decreasing redness and irritated skin. This offers long lasting hydration and skin soothing properties. I always have a tube of this on hand. Fragrance free.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not very impressed. By the description I was expecting a thick, emollient texture that was 'balmy'. However, this is fairly thin, white and almost chalky - It doesn't feel soothing at all. Maybe I'm missing a trick or somehow using it in the wrong way, as everyone else seems to love this. Unfortunately its not for me. Plus points are the price & packaging

EDIT: I have since found the perfect use for this - itchy/stingy legs after shaving. This cream works wonders, dramatically reducing the horrible sensation that usually lasts for a long time. I will now definitely be repurchasing this cream, I guess until now I just hadn't found the best use for it for me

on 2/26/2018 3:58:00 AM

An exceptional fragrance-free moisturizer that has the capability of delivering true hydration for at least 8 hours while having an elegant finish on the skin.

Because of its composition and actives, this is a product that every skin type can benefit of.
It contains 5% Vitamin B5, minerals of (Zn, Mg, Mn, Cu) and an excellent anti-aging active: Madecassoside.
All these actives have documented effect on sensitive, allergic skin, but also on acne-prone skin along with aging skin.

The formula is suitable for a dryer skin type or/and skin that is allergic and prefers a more cushioning richer feel, although this emulsion is on the thinner side. An oilier skin type would use a product like this in colder and dryer weather since it might feel too rich.

The only drawback of the formula is that it contains Titanium Dioxide that can leave a whitish cast on the skin. Although it is almost invisible, it would have been a better option to have used Zinc Oxide. The latter would be less whitening and is an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agent.

Ingredients: Aqua / Water, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propanediol, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Tristearin, Zinc Gluconate, Madecassoside, Manganese Gluconate, Magnesium Sulfate, Disodium Edta, Copper Gluconate, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide

HG product! I use it day and night on my face, if it needs an extra helping hand (which it does all winter basically). It heals small wounds, soothes dry patches, calms irritated skin, balances out redness... basically restores skin completely! I use this anywhere on my body that is red, having a pimple, razor burns, etc... It's a multi-purpose balm that all beauty fanatics should try! Also great for hands and feet if you're feeling fancy :) Will repurchase until I die! I recommend it to anyone wanting to try the properties of zinc, manganese, magnesium, copper, panthenol and madecassoside, all in one balm, free from alcohol, fragrances and other skin irritants. Simply amazing stuff!