La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 - Multi-Purpose/Soothing Repairing Balm

La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 - Multi-Purpose/Soothing Repairing Balm

4.4

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

I use this product on the dry and easily irritated parts of my face such as around the sides of my nose and mouth, but do not use it to moisturize other parts of my face as I find it very exerberating to my fungal acne. If you suffer from normal acne (one that is caused by bacteria) and dry skin, give it a try. However those with oily and acne prone-skin should steer clear unless you have other parts of your face that are dry and not prone to clogged pores. It’s a good balm which is travel friendly and can be applied to different parts of your body if you have cuts or irritation. But in terms of its efficiency as a moisturizer for easily clogged skin, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Very good repair cream. Actually it works fine with a number of skin issues. From dryness to acne! The lady in the drugstore suggested applying it on my pimples. I was in disbelief it would actually work because it feels oily. Well, in reality it is not, and it helps A LOT with my pimples - I don't face a bad acne situation though. Have repurchased before, also will in the future.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is an excellent product IF you use it for what it is intended (repairing and soothing) - it is multi-purpose but is not primarily a face cream/moisturizer so it may be too emollient for some looking for a moisturizer.

As an all-purpose healing balm, this is a star product. I've used this to treat an unexplained rash over my eyelids - it is extremely gentle and soothing and after a few days, the irritation, redness and scaling were gone. In the past I've used Zincofax or other diaper rash balms to treat cuts, scars, rashes and irritation on my very fair skin - but those tend to be way too thick for practical use, especially on the face.

I just used this over the holidays where the location had much harder, chlorinated water that really irritated my facial skin. In that case I did use it to calm the redness and dryness, although I don't recommend it as an overall face product in general. I would recommend this for sensitive skin, baby skin, and the more delicate skin you see on seniors who can react very sensitively, also.

The texture is light and blends into the skin, though emollient - it is a balm. Being a fan of La-Roche Posay, I find this a great quality and handy product. Repurchase and maintain stock at home!

on 1/3/2019 5:06:00 PM

Beware of this product if you have acne-prone skin or are prone to getting clogged pores, initially this cream was fine for a good 1-2 months however after using it continuously, I started forming whiteheads wherever I had applied this cream, this cream would be great for sensitive, dry skins or spot treatment but I wouldn't advise it for all over use.

on 12/17/2018 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I ordered this when I had a bad reaction to a facial cleanser. My face was extremely red and burned so bad I had to ice it multiple times a day. This balm soothed the inflammation and did not cause any additional discomfort what so ever upon application. It absorbed very quickly and helped to heal my super irritated skin. I will definitely keep a tube around because my skin is so sensitive from Tretinoin cream.

on 12/5/2018 12:16:00 PM

This is definitely a HG night moisturizer for me! I absolutely love it. I have Psoriasis and occasionally have small break outs on my face. Other than that, I'm fortunate to have very clear and wrinkle free skin for a 39 year old woman! (20+ years of looking after my skin with simple products). This baume both soothes my dry patches when they break out and gives my skin a beautiful glow when I wake up each morning. I follow with my favourite daytime moisturiser - Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate.

I don't find it to be too heavy or greasy once it has sank in. I also use it as hand cream and to soothe itchy insect bites during the summer. An all round dream cream for me :)

on 11/29/2018 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product was my last resort as even applying oil didn’t stop my face being itchy, red and flaky. My skin felt the relief after the first day of applying the cicaplast balm. I have oily but seriously dehydrated skin with damaged skin barrier. A must have especially during winter month!

A good all around balm to keep on hand. I use this on any irritated or damaged skin that needs to be soothed. So far it's worked wonders on sunburns, bug bites, zits, chapped lips, and on burned or irritated waxed skin/bikini waxes. I put it on at night on skin to spot treat and in the am skin is always less red, more calm and damaged skin always heals better with this. Love this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing moisturizer.
I have fair, sensitive, combo skin that tends to get dehydrated. I’m not necessarily acne-prone, but I will react to a product easily. I don’t think I’ve met a LRP product I haven’t loved. You can’t really go wrong with this skincare line.
What I love about this “balm” is that it feels like it seals in all my other products I’ve put on, like Vaseline or silicone-heavy moisturizers, but also seems to add more active moisture to my skin, like more “active” moisturizers. It seems to soothe and “lock-in” to my skin and the products I’ve put on, while adding moisture and repairing the barrier of my dehydrated skin.
The LRP Balm comes in a white tube, and comes out as a thick, white cream. Despite its thickness, effectiveness, and being a “balm,” this product sinks into the skin beautifully. I’ve only used it as a night cream, but I could see dry, damaged, or dehydrated skin having no problem with it under makeup. It really seems to sink into the skin beautifully, without a white cast or oiliness.
This is definitely a product I would invest in if you are on (or going to be on) prescription retinols, getting laser treatments, or after doing a peel or heavy exfoliation. It’s going to give you that heavy dose of soothing moisture, while keeping the skin nice and repaired from any damage.
I very highly recommend this product. I could honestly see most skin types loving this, even if only as a sort of “SOS” type product.
Overall, I’d give this product an A Grade.
(I think if it was $10 cheaper or so, it would be A+, HG, no-other-night-cream status.)

on 6/19/2018 9:38:00 PM

Strangely, when my skin is at its most sensitive, this will sting on application and exacerbate dry skin. I was so disappointed as it seems to work for a lot of people, several IRL friends, colleagues etc invariably sing its praises. So I can't really conclude that this is a truly bad product, it just doesn't agree with my skin type. Price wise, it's on the lower end of LRP's skincare lines, can't remember exactly what I paid but it was less than £10.

The squeezy bottle is very welcome, no digging out cream from a jar or pot, and no pump refusing to let you get to the very last scraps of product at the bottom. It's a thick, off-white colour cream, with a consistency like high SPF sunscreens - ambre solaire jumps to mind. It doesn't leave a white cast though. Anyway, it feels like a soft and slightly tacky layer over the skin, and looks quite shiny on if applied liberally. It's also unscented.

I ran out of my usual rescue cream one day, and used this in the hopes of tiding things over until I could get it again. My skin was still worse for wear, but not as flaky or red, and surprisingly this time it didn't burn or dry me out. I guess it might be that this just doesn't work on broken skin. Whatever the reason, this is a decent "step down" protective moisturiser to use after the initial early wound repair has occurred at least. Sadly, I really dislike how awful this feels over my most sensitive skin areas in dire need of TLC, so I wouldn't replace this once it ran out.