La Roche Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

La Roche Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

4.4

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

This was a godsend after a laser and hydroquinone treatment for me.
A little background on my skin: Hypersensitive, rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, dehydrated. melasma.
The last skin condition was the reason I got ruby laser on my melasma. After the laser, I got a strong mixture of retin-a, hydroquinone and cortisone. Needless to say that after this treatments, the parts of my skin (cheekbones and upper lip) where I had melasma were literally shredded.
Red, sensitized, raw skin was left after the treatment. My beautician saw this and insisted that I tried this product because my skin looked like it was burned under the magnifying mirror.
Enter Cicaplast Baume B5. What can I say? It literally worked miracles on my skin. I religiously used it every morning and every night on the raw skin parts and it transformed my skin from red and raw to healthy in 4 weeks.
The cream is rich without being overpowering heavy and sinks into the skin. The ingredients are glycerin, shea butter and panthenol which explains the nourishing and moisturizing effects I had. Especially my damaged skin just soaked this up.
I only used it on the raw spots at first and discovered it could be used as an eye cream, lip treatment and on my hand eczema too. I never used it on my whole face as I shy away from shea butter due to my eczema.
But I can easily imagine, if you donĀ“t have any issues with the ingredients, that this can be a good moisturizer in wintertime or on damaged skin.
The multi-purpose claim is true and I carry a small size of this with me when I travel.
In comparison to the normal Cicaplast, the Cicaplast Baume wins effortlessly and is much better.
I highly recommend this little miracle worker.

on 8/16/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

FYI: My review is based on the Baume B5 as a moisturizer for acne-prone skin, not for other purpose. I have combination/acne-prone skin and needed a moisturizer. I decided on the Baume B5 after reading the good reviews online.

I used it as a moisturizer morning and night. What I notice is that the moisturizing part is not that good. It can actually be drying. My skin felt tight and dry at night even with a layer of Baume B5. I think it would be better to layer a good moisturizer or serum underneath the Baume B5. The Baume B5 would lock the moisture in but on its own, it might be drying for some skin type.

Another thing is that you must absolutely exfoliate your skin or else this product can clog your pores. I didn't exfoliate and just applied the Baume B5 everyday and had a lot more clogged pores than when I first started. I had a few inflamed acne too.

It also can be difficult to wash off if your cleanser doesn't remove well zinc-based moisturizer. I had a hard time washing it off, maybe that's why it clogged my pores too.

I think the Baume B5 would be better for people using drying acne topical or taking acne medication or people who are not acne-prone.

The texture of the balm is on the thicker side. There is a slight white cast when applied. It can also feel tacky (sticky) on your skin.

Overall, it did help with the inflammation and the healing of acne spots, but it did cause more clogged pores which led to inflamed acne (If you don't exfoliate or use an acne treatment). It wasn't that moisturizing either. I wouldn't repurchase.

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

I recently got the worst sunburn of my life on my face. I was peeling for days and days; I tried everything to help but nothing would.

I went to CVS one day and noticed this at the Pharmacist counter and asked if it would help to treat a sunburn. She said yes, in fact it would help take down the swelling and discoloration that often comes after peeling. I bought it and the next day my skin felt plump, smooth and incredibly soothed. Not to mention, it took down a significant amount of redness.

I would recommend this for anyone who has dry skin or very irritated skin. I, myself, have acne prone, sensitive skin with eczema. I would also repurchase this again.

on 5/2/2016 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This was a staple in my skincare wardrobe for healing trouble skin. That is until I discovered snails. Once you go snail you can never go back.

This product really doesn't do much for me. It was recommended to me bc I had cracks and redness on my hands. I don't think she even knew herself what it was for. It's good for post cosmetic procedures but not for dry cracks on hands. It will make it worse. No use for me.

on 4/7/2016 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For my acne prone, dry, sensitive skin with huge pores and discoloration, this has been a god send. The cream is thick in texture and spreads easily onto the skin. There is anti bacterial properties in this cream, which I believe may be beneficial in healing and keeping my skin clear. I noticed a huge impact with my skin upon using it within the first couple of days: no break outs, not even one white head. Even texture and comfortable skin. Pores are also clearer. I believe this cream can be used all over the body and gentle enough to use on everyone including babies. Pretty much my new HG skin cream.

After two months of searching high and low for a product to really sort out my extremely sensitive, sore and flaky skin (I had an allergic reaction to another product :( ) This stuff has honestly been a life saver! I apply it in the morning before mineral foundation, works like a dream, and then at night time I apply it as normal but then add a really thick layer just to my problem areas to sit and soak overnight like a mask and within 3 days my flaky nightmare is a thing of the past. Does not make my oily t zone more oily, in fact my skin is the most balanced it's ever been and has not caused any breakouts. Amazing stuff, cannot fault it. Tip, pair with hydraluron serum underneath if you're really struggling with dryness and oh my lord, your skin will thank you for it!

on 3/31/2016 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It's good, but just not for my skin type...

Got breakouts after a few days using. The moisturizing ability is just medium. The texture is quite thick for my oily skin which takes pretty long to absorb, nevertheless the greasy feeling is still there...It does leave a bit of a white cast also.

I have to stop applying this on my face and use it only for my neck and other body parts if necessary, at least it helps with small injuries and rashes. I can also imagine this will work well with other skin type, plus the price is cheap...

Will not recommend this for someone with oily skin :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is amazing.

I suffer from terrible eczema in the winter and this stuff SAVED my red, itchy skin. I saw a difference after only a day or two of use! It's instantly soothing, yet soaks in quickly and doesn't feel itchy. Best of all it somehow doesn't break me out! My skin felt soft and soothed like I didn't have eczema at all.

If you suffer from painfully dry skin or eczema, I couldn't recommend this stuff enough!

Miracle cream! I bought B5 to repair and sooth my skin which is prone to dryness and had suffered in winter weather. I've been using it twice daily for a month now and not only has it resolved the dry patches but also evened my skin tone, completely vanished some red marks from spots and even improved the appearance of an old scar- none of which I expected. Although it is quite heavy it hasn't broken me out and sits well with makeup for daytime use. Can't understand the negative reviews for B5 as I wouldn't be without mine now - maybe consistent use twice daily (as instructed) is needed to see real results.