La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

4.4

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 11/14/2017 4:22:00 AM

I have been using this cream as my moisturizer for 5 years and it's my skin saver. My skin is sensitive and reacts to weather changes, spicy food, paraffin in cosmetics and many other things, and this cream helps me regenerate my skin faster. Also, I noticed that it helps with acne scars. It fades them and makes skin look softer. For better results, I use it after hydrating or regenerating serum:)

on 10/27/2017 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm sorry to be in the minority here, but this product has not lived up to the great reviews I'm reading here in my experience.
My main problem is that even though it has a very greasy feel to it when I apply it, once it's absorbed it has a dry feel and I feel like it's actually dried out my skin.
I travelled for a few days once and this was the only non-spf moisturiser I took with me. The skin on one finger was so dry it cracked. I thought this cream would be perfect for helping it heal but it actually made it worse.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Thick white miracle goop. With only a mild scent (and no added fragrance - I think this is just what the product smells like!) that suggests roses on the breeze, this product has been such a boon to me. It saved my skin after my third child was born and everything burned or stung. It has healed ragged cuticles and hangnails, it's healed my kids' dry patches, and has generally been indispensable (though much more so in winter when it's dry). I think I've gone through four tubes.

If you do choose to slather it on your face - and "slather" is what I did post-partum, looking positively ghostly until it absorbed - it is very emollient. It contains silicones, but they've never bothered me. It's just so healing.

The lone drawback to this product is that the tube is some plastic weirdly resistant to surrendering its last bits. I end up cutting the tube in half and getting a few more weeks' use! I wish they'd switch to a recyclable metal or a slightly softer plastic, but I keep buying it because the product is amazing.

on 10/8/2017 12:11:00 AM

Absolutely love this!
It is great for those day where the skin acts up.
I was initially worried about the texture - which is really thick. Applying it left my face with a white sheen.
Fortunately, it was nicely absorbed and my skin looked nicely hydrated and 'glowing'.
Love it best for overnight use. Used it once under foundation in humid tropical climate, when my skin was feeling sensitive, and my makeup still looked fine 6 hours later.
Usually this only occasionally on days where my skin is sensitive, so I don't know if daily use will clog the pores.

Comparing this with other similar creams I've tried:
Used Physiogel cream and Physiogel AL cream previously. Those were great too but kind of 'sat' on my skin. The soothing effect was not as pronounced too. Also tried Ezerra cream (for babies) too. It was the lightest and reapplication was needed to keep sensitive adult skin hydrated. Vitacreme B12 cream felt pretty much like Physiogel but had a strong old-fashioned floral smell. Just bought Bioderma and will try it out soon for comparison.

These saviors are totally essential and a must-have to see to unexpected skin flare ups (IMHO).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Be warned this review will not be very helpful. I bought this just because it was really cheap, I didn't even look at what it does. I did not use it on any irritation/scar so can't make a comment there. But I use as a moisturizer couple times a week. It has a high amount of silicone and I found silicones dry out my skin in the longterm. That alone is a dealbreaker for me.

on 9/30/2017 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have a love hate relationship with this product. My skin is combo/oily/dehydrated, very acne prone, and sensitive/reactive. I originally loved this product. It's great for calming irritation and repairing a compromised barrier. I used it for 2 months (at night only) with no problems at all. My skin looked amazing... then I started getting clogged pores and little breakouts, mostly on my forehead. At that point, I was only using this product a couple times a week and because I had been using it for 2 months with no problems, I didn't think it was the culprit. I finally decided to stop using it altogether, and the breakouts went away. What a shame; it's quite repairing but too rich for my skin unfortunately. I'd still recommend it, especially for normal/dry skin types or for those who aren't prone to acne.

This product would get 10 lippies, if I could. It's beyond great, exceeds any expectations. A bit of background: I kinda live an active lifestyle and always get tiny cuts and bruises everywhere, so over the years I've tried so many skin repair products (Bepanthen, Sudocrem, Calamine, Bariederm, the various Cicalfate products, Cytelium, Epitheliale AH, Eucerin repair lotion, zinc oxide stuff and whatnot, the list could go on) that claim to do good things for skin. I tend to disagree. Most, not all, really just are nasty looking occlusive products, and I kinda think that adds to the medicinal feel and there is a strong placebo effect that messes with perception. Cicabio cream is the only one that comes close to the performance of Cicaplast B5 (they have a couple ingredients in common), but due to certain ingredients I can't use Cicabio. First and foremost Cicaplast B5 just looks invisible on skin, I can put it on and it looks like a normal moisturizer. No stains on clothes, no greasy layer. And it soothes skin immediately, for example a burn on face from chemical peel left on for too long, and Cicaplast takes care of the redness, virtually overnight. Tiny scrapes heal within a few days. It's not magical, and for real wounds proper dressings must be used (I always have thin hydrocolloid dressings for those), not a cream, but for everything else that upsets skin Cicaplast B5 works nicely. I'm going to keep repurchasing it as long as LRP keeps making it (of course, provided no one comes out with something even better).

on 8/18/2017 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is my ride or die. I put this on both active zits and those that are healing after all the gross white stuff has come out. It heals the skin so fast and reduces the chances of scarring. Now that I'm on Tazorac, I don't break out much anymore but I've discovered this is amazing to use all over to reduce peeling and to make sure the new skin underneath is protected. At one point my skin was tight, peeling and burning when I went overboard with Tazorac, and this provided overnight relief. Now I always make sure I put this on the corners of my mouth and around my nose where I get the most peeling. I put this on about an hour after I put Taz followed by my Aquaphor Healing ointment, which is another one of my ride or dies.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read so many rave reviews about this product that I was scared it wouldn't live up to its hype. I'm so glad that I was proven wrong! I bought this product only yesterday because I had some pretty severe blisters (to the point where it hurt to walk). I applied this only 3 times to both blisters (one of which had already popped and one that was still intact) and left my socks on for it to work its magic. To my surprise, when I looked at my heels to discover no signs of irritation and almost flat/healed blisters! Amazing!! It's also worth noting that I tested this on a stubborn cracked area of skin on my foot out of curiosity and it's now super smooth!

on 8/13/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this for nearly 3 months and I think I can honestly review this even though I have used it during one season.

Back story to initial purchase - I had used a new formula of Tretinoin .25% and it caused some irritation. Also been out on the river all day without a hat and came home to raw skin. After a little online research I found this little gem.

I used this over my face for 3 nights in a row, over my usual hydrating repairing routine, as a sleeping pack if you'd like (with vaniply ointment patted over the top of dryer spots). I stopped all actives and just concentrated on repairing my skin. All redness, stinging an raw areas went away. Amazing right?

I have a habit of over doing a good thing till it becomes a bad thing. I started using it morning and night, which due to not wanting a shiny face during the day, I do not layer as many hydrating products. Surfice it to say, Cicaplast dehydrated my skin and caused a few spots. My fault as I know that zinc is drying to my skin and that shea butter on comprimised skin causes issues. Bleh.

So now I use this a spot treatment. On individual spots and areas of irritation. For this it works great, like overnight great. Also the PIH left over is less noticeable as well. On bites this is great for taking down the itch and swelling. I can use it on family as well.
I also use Cicaplast after threading and no little bumbs....

The nature of zinc is that it is white, a thin layer will disappear, however a thicker layer all over my skin appeared ashen on my dark skin, similar to a mineral sunscreen. Not the products fault but something to be aware of so as not to scare anyone.

The star ingredients, panthenol - massi-something-or-other - zinc, are wonderful at bringing down inflammation, calming skin and encouraging healing. It really can help with redness caused by irritation/allergies. But I would say it can be drying. So be aware of it, thats all.

I like this product as my skin can likes silicones, small amounts of shea butter and the preservative isn't phenoxyethanol, yeah! The fact it doesn't have hyaluronic acid and niacinamide (Dr Jart looking at you) is great for me as I am also sensitive to those ingredients. However if your skin is sensitive shea butter, Avene do a version with mineral oil instead which might suit better.

I will always have a small tube of this in my stash, as long as LRP do not change the formula.

HTH.