The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth

The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Chondrus Crispus Powder (Abrasive), Propanediol (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hyaluronate (Humectant), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Adenosine (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Crithmum Maritimum Callus Culture Filtrate (Skin Protectant), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Buddleja Davidii Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Malva Sylvestris Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract/Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Thymus Vulgaris Flower/Leaf Extract/Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Benzoic Acid (Preservative), Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

on 5/15/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have pretty dry skin, which can look tired. I got talked into buying this (relatively) expensive serum at the airport by the saleswoman as I was looking dehydrated and clearly desperate. After about 3 weeks of using this I don't regret purchasing it at all! My forehead and eye area are tighter, plumper, fresher and definitely less lines. Much better than the Clinique serum I was using. The only thing I don't like is the bottle dropper - it's not great.
No spots or problems at all. I will buy this again for sure.

Despite having used this product for a period of time now , I am still very unsure of the results. The Drops of Youth serum leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft, but it does not live up to its claims regarding cell regeneration. I was told by the sales rep that this serum would help the regeneration of skin. This regeneration would in turn lighten acne scars and increase the skin's recovery speed.

I'm not going to lie, some scars are definitely fading. BUT, I wouldn't be so quick to think it's this magical serum's doing. As I've mentioned previously in my life rant post, time is a major contributing factor in healing acne scars. A good lifestyle, such as a good sleeping schedule, would help the skin recover much better than any external products. But I bet you already knew that.

Anyway, taking time into consideration, I don't think the results that the Drops of Youth Serum provided was prominent at all. But I guess I will give it props for stabilizing my skin as it did not cause further breakouts. Again, giving products some time instead of constantly switching products will also help the recovery of the skin.

The Application:
The serum comes in a glass bottle with a dropper that reduces the chance of contaminating the product. However, I find it a little difficult to squeeze out the product from the dropper.

The serum itself is transparent and has a slimy consistency, but not in a bad way. One and a half drops is enough for my entire face, and the consistency allows it to be easily applied. After applying the serum onto the face, it quickly gets "absorbed". I put the quotation marks on absorbed because the second ingredient on the list of this serum is Denatured Alcohol , so it is possible that the product has evaporated rather than absorbed.

Other than containing alcohol, this product also balls up after application. This really makes me question whether the product is absorbed by the skin at all.

Conclusion:
I find this serum has little effect on overall cellular regeneration and lightening acne scars. The Drops of Youth does make the skin feel very smooth and soft, but given the fact that Glycerin is the third ingredient on the list, I wouldn't be surprised since the main function of Glycerin is to soften skin. At the same time, you will find this substance in every single skincare product. ( That's why I say how soft your skin feels after using a product is a terrible judging meter) You can learn more about the function of Glycerin here, it will direct you to Paula's Choice Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary.

I am seriously skeptical about whether this serum is absorbed by the skin at all, given the second ingredients is Alcohol Denat and it also balls up.

Finally, just by looking at the top three ingredients for this serum: water, alcohol denat and glycerin, I am highly skeptical that this product can support the claims of increased cell regeneration. Which probably explains why the sales rep could not answer my question "what ingredients makes this product useful?".

I recently did a review on this product in my blog! You can check out the full content at www.bombinate-kate.blogspot.ca I also wrote a post regarding my current routine that have helped me in reducing breakouts :) hope it helps!

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm generally a big fan of The Body Shop products, but this was so bad I ended up tossing it out before I'd made it a 1/3 of the way through the bottle.

The main issue I had with this was how sticky it felt on the skin. It never seemed to fully soak in and would leave my skin with a tacky film over the top that was uncomfortable. I also didn't feel like it hydrated my skin or really do anything at all.

This was was sadly a waste of money for me. I also didn't like the eye cream in this range, so I would recommend skipping the Drops of Youth products all together.

on 2/11/2016 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

this product really fixed my acne problem, i normally used after toner, after a week, i can see the change of my skin, more smooth, firm, healthier. However, the change only stay around a month. after use half of bottle, my skin turn back to old situation. less acne though.

I would definitely buy it again if it's price lower.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used several bottles of this, and still go back for more. It makes my skin feel soft and smooth. It does feel a bit sticky when I first apply it, but that doesn't last. I wait a minute or two to let it dry, then apply my moisturizer. I have compared my skin on days when I use it and days when I don't use it, and I do notice a difference. It's on the expensive side, so I only buy it on sale.

on 11/19/2015 6:24:00 PM

I have been using this for three weeks now and have to say I am very disappointed. Initially, it seemed nice and smooth and made my skin feel soft. It has however caused numerous breakouts along my jawline and cheeks and has done little in the way of reducing any redness. I've used morning and night and have noticed that despite rubbing it into my skin thoroughly, I get little bits all over my face when applying my makeup or moisturiser. Very overpriced product with a poor applicator. The only drops of youth here are that it gives you acne like a teenager!

on 9/7/2015 1:51:00 PM

Apparently one of these gets sold every few seconds in the world. I'm now sure how or why. It did nothing for my skin and made me feel quite dry. When I read the review on Paula's Beauty-pedia, she points out that the second ingredient is alcohol. Now, I don't always agree with Paula, but she does point out that there is basically nothing of skin-value in this product, and in fact some of the main ingredients may be skin damaging. (Interestingly, she rates almost ALL Body Shop skin care very low, and gives quite high marks to a lot of the make up). Don't waste your $.

Just purchased this product a few days ago after having had it suggested multiple times. SO far I am satisfied overall.
Background; fair, dry skin with slight redness on the cheeks.
When i first put it on I immediately felt my skin almost tighten up and it felt very fresh. I let it dry a while, and although it does feel a little sticky. once i applied my clique moisturizer over it felt great.
I applied this under makeup and it didn't not ball up.
In the few days I've been using this I think my skin has a brighter, less red and just overall nicer appearance.

on 11/16/2014 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This smells and feel like I'm putting Dep Hair Gel on my face. Broke me out into tiny bumps. I'm not a fan.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The best thing about this product is of course, its ingredients. As 99% of its ingredients are natural, and 20% come from organic farming, you can be assured that this stuff won't be full of nasty chemicals. Marketing like this always gives me a peace of mind and I hate to admit that I'm susceptible to it....

Anyways! I purchased a bottle of this when it first came out and used it everyday until it ran out (about 2 months). Its directions recommend you using 2-3 drops of this serum prior to moisturizer/sunscreen and I find that I need around 3-4 drops instead for good coverage. The serum is a little sticky (it isn't runny like B5 serums) and gives your skin a very slight "plastic" sheen. It doesn't ball up under my makeup and I find that it does a decent job moisturizing. It's moisturizing abilities don't particularly stand out and I find that other moisture serums are just as good, if not better. It does an okay job at smoothing out skin. Another good thing was that it didn't break me out which is -always- a plus in my book.

The serum comes in a glass bottle with a screw top with a pump at the top, which allows you to easily (and hygienically) dispense the product. I'm not sure if this product is worth it's price but it's not definitely not bad, and I think I will repurchase again when TBS discounts it.