The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth

The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Chondrus Crispus Powder (Abrasive), Propanediol (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hyaluronate (Humectant), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Adenosine (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Crithmum Maritimum Callus Culture Filtrate (Skin Protectant), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Buddleja Davidii Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Malva Sylvestris Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract/Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Thymus Vulgaris Flower/Leaf Extract/Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Benzoic Acid (Preservative), Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm using a newer version of this (or so I've been told by the sales person). The new packing is much nicer and more sleek looking. The sole reason I bought it was because it claims to minimize pores, which is my biggest skin concern atm. After using it for a month, I didn't see any noticeable difference in term of pores size but they did look clean. Clean enough for me to be confident going out with a bare face. And I'm happy enough with that. Because I've read somewhere that you can't actually shrink the size of your pores, you can only minimize their appearance. And having clean pores actually helps a lot with that, as compared to clogged pores. People also commented that my skin look clearer and more glowy. That's major yeayy.

on 2/19/2017 6:03:00 PM

I was suggested this by the employee at The Body Shop to apply to dry areas on my face. I apply it to my nose, chin and line on my forehead. I didn't find it as moisturizing as I had hoped. It is watery and does not absorb very quickly. It hasn't helped my wrinkle after a month of use (but do wrinkle creams really work?). The one thing I did notice is that it actually shrinked my pores. Nothing has ever worked to do that. I was shocked. It also won't break you out. It worked for sure, just not in the ways I purchased it for.

on 11/18/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

It works well on me. I use around two drops for face and neck before sleep. I notice my skin feel more supple and firm the next morning. Gradual fading of scars and dark spots can be seen as well (continous usage for at least 2 weeks).
Cons: I don't like the dropper

on 11/18/2016 10:20:00 PM

I liked the product but hated the dispenser. The serum gave my skin a nice bouncey texture - it felt plump and moisturized after use and didn't feel greasy. However, I wish it had a normal Pump rather than the squeeze dropper.

on 11/18/2016 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I suffer from occasional acne from environmental changes or stress. My skin is also dry-feeling in winter seasons.
I ran out of the 1s bottle and switched to a different serum and slowly some acne came here and there between weeks. Luckily, I saw a sale for the product in a taxfree shop, so I got it again and I can say that at least for me it really keeps acne under control and hydrates quite well.
I was very skeptical about it due to a lot of people's negative reviews, Paula's Choice's rant on this serum about having 0 research on the marketed ingredients and my own personal experience with the Tea Tree and Vitamin E lines, which neither helped me in my teenage years when i had acne or hydrate when i was on Accutane. However, since their Oils of Life line and relaunch of Drop of Youth line, I am really glad I gave it a go.

on 8/1/2016 3:20:00 AM

I am really on the fence with this product. I was a bit coaxed into getting this with my other skin care products at The Body Shop. The lady raved about this product and that it's TBS top seller.

Now I have only been using this for about 2 weeks morning and night. I like the packaging; a green bottle and the serum looks a bit sludgy and clear but not a bad thing! I don't mind the smell at all it's good. When I apply the serum (I use 2 small drops on my face and 1-2 on my neck) I have to work quickly to apply it evenly all over as it "absorbs" SUPER fast. This kind of bothers me, because literally, BAM its gone/evaporated. I read a previous review post contending that it evaporates. I can definitely appreciate where this idea of evaporation comes from, because sometimes before I can even work it into my face, it has gone. Like evaporated. Not absorbed. So that fact puts a dampener on this product for me.

So the pros I have found is that I definitely notice a difference compared to when I do and don't apply this. Instantly, my skin is softer, smoother, my acne marks APPEAR to have faded slightly, and my skin seems plumper and glowing.

I will definitely give this some more time to fully make up my mind on this product. As I do notice differences however, there are some issues I have found and I'm not convinced this has changed my skin (YET) for the long run - it claims to regenerate cells better and help with acne scars.

I guess we will see and time will tell. I will try and update this review maybe when I have almost finished the bottle. I would not go out on a limb and say you MUST get this.

on 5/15/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have pretty dry skin, which can look tired. I got talked into buying this (relatively) expensive serum at the airport by the saleswoman as I was looking dehydrated and clearly desperate. After about 3 weeks of using this I don't regret purchasing it at all! My forehead and eye area are tighter, plumper, fresher and definitely less lines. Much better than the Clinique serum I was using. The only thing I don't like is the bottle dropper - it's not great.
No spots or problems at all. I will buy this again for sure.

Despite having used this product for a period of time now , I am still very unsure of the results. The Drops of Youth serum leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft, but it does not live up to its claims regarding cell regeneration. I was told by the sales rep that this serum would help the regeneration of skin. This regeneration would in turn lighten acne scars and increase the skin's recovery speed.

I'm not going to lie, some scars are definitely fading. BUT, I wouldn't be so quick to think it's this magical serum's doing. As I've mentioned previously in my life rant post, time is a major contributing factor in healing acne scars. A good lifestyle, such as a good sleeping schedule, would help the skin recover much better than any external products. But I bet you already knew that.

Anyway, taking time into consideration, I don't think the results that the Drops of Youth Serum provided was prominent at all. But I guess I will give it props for stabilizing my skin as it did not cause further breakouts. Again, giving products some time instead of constantly switching products will also help the recovery of the skin.

The Application:
The serum comes in a glass bottle with a dropper that reduces the chance of contaminating the product. However, I find it a little difficult to squeeze out the product from the dropper.

The serum itself is transparent and has a slimy consistency, but not in a bad way. One and a half drops is enough for my entire face, and the consistency allows it to be easily applied. After applying the serum onto the face, it quickly gets "absorbed". I put the quotation marks on absorbed because the second ingredient on the list of this serum is Denatured Alcohol , so it is possible that the product has evaporated rather than absorbed.

Other than containing alcohol, this product also balls up after application. This really makes me question whether the product is absorbed by the skin at all.

Conclusion:
I find this serum has little effect on overall cellular regeneration and lightening acne scars. The Drops of Youth does make the skin feel very smooth and soft, but given the fact that Glycerin is the third ingredient on the list, I wouldn't be surprised since the main function of Glycerin is to soften skin. At the same time, you will find this substance in every single skincare product. ( That's why I say how soft your skin feels after using a product is a terrible judging meter) You can learn more about the function of Glycerin here, it will direct you to Paula's Choice Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary.

I am seriously skeptical about whether this serum is absorbed by the skin at all, given the second ingredients is Alcohol Denat and it also balls up.

Finally, just by looking at the top three ingredients for this serum: water, alcohol denat and glycerin, I am highly skeptical that this product can support the claims of increased cell regeneration. Which probably explains why the sales rep could not answer my question "what ingredients makes this product useful?".

I recently did a review on this product in my blog! You can check out the full content at www.bombinate-kate.blogspot.ca I also wrote a post regarding my current routine that have helped me in reducing breakouts :) hope it helps!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm generally a big fan of The Body Shop products, but this was so bad I ended up tossing it out before I'd made it a 1/3 of the way through the bottle.

The main issue I had with this was how sticky it felt on the skin. It never seemed to fully soak in and would leave my skin with a tacky film over the top that was uncomfortable. I also didn't feel like it hydrated my skin or really do anything at all.

This was was sadly a waste of money for me. I also didn't like the eye cream in this range, so I would recommend skipping the Drops of Youth products all together.

on 2/11/2016 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

this product really fixed my acne problem, i normally used after toner, after a week, i can see the change of my skin, more smooth, firm, healthier. However, the change only stay around a month. after use half of bottle, my skin turn back to old situation. less acne though.

I would definitely buy it again if it's price lower.