Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer Plum

Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer Plum
Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer Plum

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I love this lip balm. I tried it completely on a whim one day and I'm so glad I did. Contrary to the name, it's not shimmery at all. On me, it's a deep, cool-toned plum color. I almost never wear lip color (just clear balm), but when I do, this is my go-to.

I like that the tube/stick is a slimmer size as it makes this easy to apply without getting it everywhere. It glides on smoothly and it has a surprising amount of pigment. There is a shine to it (definitely not matte), but it's not super glossy; I'd say right in the middle. It has peppermint in it, so you'll notice a minty smell and a tingle on your lips. If you're not a peppermint fan, this might not be for you.

I like how versatile this is because I can apply it heavily and leave it as-is for intense color with more shine to it, or I can blot it down to a more subtle berry stain with a matte finish.

This is my perfect tinted lip balm/lipstick/lip stain and I've gone through multiple tubes already. I hope Burt's Bees keeps making this forever, and as long as they do, I'll continue to repurchase.

on 12/17/2015 6:10:00 PM

I like Burt's Bee's lip shimmers but was put off buying this one for ages because when I tested it on my hand it looks very dark and quite purpley but I finally bought it today and it's really nice, it comes out as like a sheer burgundy with a slight plum-ish hue, my favourite shimmer so far is Raisin and they're quite similar but when I compare them side by side Raisin is more red tones and Plum is, well, more plum toned! So I think if you like Raisin as well then you would like this too

on 1/30/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was expecting a tinted lip balm but instead got a warm red lipstick with no shimmer. Although it wasn't what I was looking for I do like it. It is a nice red I can pull off.

on 11/21/2013 9:31:00 PM

I have Rhubarb and Fig. This is new - Plum. I am brunette with dark eyes. This is a great color, not too red or brown - just the perfect plum. This is the best one of the lip shimmers so far! Makes teeth look white, too! I will reach for it often.

on 1/12/2013 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was really hoping to like this a lot, but sadly, I don't. I wish it were just a tad sheer, it's too thickish if that makes sense. Neither do I like the 'mentholy' aspect of it and I believe that is drying to the lips. Sorry Burt, this is a dud.

on 10/2/2012 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh wow, how pleasantly surprised I was with this lip shimmer! This is a very lovely fall color for lips. A true pigmented plum color. I love the fact that it's all natural and cheap too - $3.99. I like the tingle I get with this too. Burt's Bees lip shimmers, as far as color pay off, are a real hit or miss for me. But this color is pure loveliness!

Popular Lip Glosses