Revlon Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

Revlon Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

2.7

Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, Palmitic Acid, Methicone, Benzoic Acid, BHT, limonene, silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides,Yellow 5 Al Lake, CI 15985, CI 15850, CI45380, CI 17200, CI 42090, CI 75470, CI 45370, CI 45410

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought it initially because I liked the packaging and the shade I bought it in (Backstage) looked promising. Safe to say, I'm not planning on buying this lipstick again.

Despite wearing lip balm underneath, I get so uncomfortable wearing this lipstick because my lips feel so dry. I immediately want to take it off. I haven't tried it with some lipbalm or gloss on top of it so I'll do that the next time around. Regardless, I don't like wearing gloss so this isn't going to make me like the product anymore.

It goes on very nicely and I actually don't mind that it's sheer because it doesn't look as dramatic. Unfortunately, despite that, it is still drying and makes my lips look very unattractive. :/

on 5/5/2016 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

although these are not my favorite lipstick, i have a few colors that i enjoy wearing. It takes so long to set it's a bit frustrating, but once it's set it doesnt budge or come off easily. The pigmentation is not so good, its a little on the sheer side so you have to layer it to get it to its full opacity. Also it feels a bit sticky on the lips and is slightly scented although the scent doesnt bother me at all. Revlon couldve made a better formula for it but this lipstick is so cheap u shouldnt expect alot from it anyway. An ok lipstick for the price but im not repurchasing.

To Read all 137 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Overview:
These are not good at all and I really regret purchasing mine. I love matte lipsticks and have tried a lot and these are one of the worst I've ever used. For the quality these are extremely over priced. For literally a couple dollars more you could get a MAC lipstick with guaranteed good quality. Or even for cheaper get Colorpop, Milani, Wet N Wild or Maybelline. Revlon completely missed the mark, as they do often with their lipsticks. These are their failure at making a matte lipstick. Don't buy these.

Details:
I purchased the shade "Supermodel" which looked promising in the tube, a plum mauve shade. The packaging is similar to Wet N Wild lipsticks, but slightly better (but wet n wild lipsticks are actually great) I had no idea what these lipsticks were when I picked them up. I saw they looked new and read that they were "suede" so I assumed they were a smooth matte lipstick. I was unpleasantly surprised when I swatched mine to discover they were more of a cream like one of those lip butter lipsticks. They have very little pigmentation and require multiple layers to get anywhere near full color. With the dark shade, layering left some patchiness which made it hard to work with. I was then surprised again once it dried to realize they actually set into a matte finish, more similar to the matte finish of a liquid lipstick then a matte lipstick. They look matte and are extremely "stuck on" your lips, but it's tacky and extremely sticky. They don't transfer much at all, which is nice. But because they don't have much pigmentation and go on somewhat splotchy, when they dry matte it just looks light and weird. These last a while on but when they fade they leave splotchy stains on your lips. The main fail in these is the color pay off and the texture. So really the main things you look for in a good lipstick are what these are lacking. For $8+ these are a waste of money.

I have it in the FINALE colour. It is an okay lipstick, but not the opaque power punch of colour I was hoping for. The colour is nice, but not punchy enough. Goes on more sheer than I'd like, and it is pretty bad for transfer. Feels fine on.

Tacky. It goes on evenly but doesn't look even after it "dries". Would not recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Have it in "Super Model" which is a nice purple, but not a dark purple / mauve color and "Silhouette" which is a nice really pink color. The colors are great, the staying power is great as well on my lips, but I don't like how Silhouette is a little patchy on my dark lips. You need to be careful applying too. Go over bare spots and section your lips in four when applying to get it anywhere near even. Another reviewer prior described the feeling as tacky and was exactly right. If you don't like feeling a texture you will not want this on your mouth all day. I will re-purchase "Super Model" as it's more even and pigmented and I just love how it stays on for an entire work shift...but Silhouette just does not work as well for me...Oh, and do not purse / rub your lips together, it does not feel good and makes the consistency off and the color move around. All in all a good product tho, just need to take that extra little step or two for application really.

on 9/11/2015 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Initially I read all the bad reviews about how drying it is and didnt purchase one but it was on sale recently for half price so i gave it a go. I bought wardrobe which is a berry purple colour very beautiful! I am thoroughly impressed and it lasts through eating and drinking. I have mac lipsticks and this is better than some of them. Obviously if you dont like matte long wearing lipstick this isn't for you. As long as i exfoliate and moisturize my lips beforehand it doesnt my lips out. At the end of the day even high end matte lipsticks can be very drying without proper care so I can't see the reasons for so many bad reviews. The colour range is great too. I was between a few shades that i liked but was hesitant. Not hesitant anymore! Probably my favourite matte drug store lipstick at the moment!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have Muse. This is a very longlasting formula and I don't have a lot of issues with dryness of the formula that many people say about it. Muse is a very cool-toned pink that can be layered. It almost matches my liptone, but I have a very bright lipcolor. It can be worn sheered or totally built up to a barbie car pink, but it is not bubblegummy, it just somehow reads as natural on me. This is flattering on many people, so long as your UNDERTONE is pretty much on the cool side. Many different skintone shades can pull this off, though from the very fair to the very dark.

I have this in Couture and Finale, and while I love the colours and how they apply initially, those are literally the only good things about this product. Although they apply really smoothly, they kind of set after several minutes to become incredibly tacky and drying. It just isn't comfortable at all.

This on its own wouldn't bother me that much if it actually lived up to its claim and was truly long wearing, but I found that if you happen to press your lips together at any point, the colour kind of gets 'lifted' off by the product on your other lip and ends up in little lumps and bare patches everywhere. Kind of like how you can sometimes use the label to 'stick off' any remaining sticky bits after you peel it off. A thick coat of lip balm or gloss helps, but I feel like that just defeats the purpose of the suede finish or the one step long lasting lip colour thing.

I don't recommend these at all unless there's just one colour you need to have. I'm still using these just because they're there and makeup in Australia is ridiculously overpriced and I don't want to just throw it out, but I find myself checking my lips every several minutes and feeling incredibly self conscious and always wondering if it's just become super patchy. I also don't feel like you can just easily touch it up, because it leaves these little clumps you need to wipe away first before you reapply (then the same thing will happen anyway and you're just going to have to reapply again).

I actually wore this to a meeting with my supervisor, and only realised I had a patchy, bare ring on the inside of my lips after I was taking the elevator back down. Super embarrassing!

on 5/20/2015 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Motivated to find a less expensive lipstick than my current Estee Lauder, I colour-matched my Lauder with the Revlon ColorStay in Iconic. It is my habit to apply Nivea Hydrocare lipbalm (a rich, very moisturising balm), under lipstick.

The phenomenal dryness of the Revlon ColorStay greedily neutalised the moistness of my lips, returning a nubbly texture that no amount of subsequent damage control could save.

I wish I had read the reviews here, first! Several reviewers recommend exfoliating lips like fury (which I will *definitely* try!).

Revlon being such an icon company, how can they market a rubbish product?

Fail! 👎🏽