Revlon Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

Revlon Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick
Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick- CoutureColor Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

2.7

Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, Palmitic Acid, Methicone, Benzoic Acid, BHT, limonene, silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides,Yellow 5 Al Lake, CI 15985, CI 15850, CI45380, CI 17200, CI 42090, CI 75470, CI 45370, CI 45410

on 1/29/2017 9:48:00 PM

Purchased this in 003 Ready to wear. LOVE love love the colour. But it doesn't apply evenly, creases and fades easily as well as is a bit sticky on the lips even well after its been applied. It also transfers onto everything. Save your money, Other brands have much better staying power with just as nice colours

on 1/5/2017 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I´ve tried all long-lasting drugstore lipsticks and this is the best one out there. I don't get all the negative reviews.

Maybelline's 16-hour lipstick for instance can't be reapplied and you get the ring around your mouth, whereas this lipstick can be reapplied and the ring, well, if you put it way into the opening of your mouth, it'll last. All mate lipsticks leave that ring -I've tried high-end mattes: Mac, Inglot, Clinique, etc) to drugstore mattes and that's what happens.

The colors are more on the sheer side, which is great because I prefer the natural look.

Anyway, if you purchase, bear in mind that this is not a matte lipstick per se and it's also a long-lasting formula and those are usually patchy and drying.

This lipstick however, is the less patchy and drying than other long-lasting non-matte formulas out there. I gave it four lippies because really, don't ask for miracles from a long-lasting formula!

on 12/9/2016 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Gross.

Super drying, tacky feeling matte lipstick. On unglossed lips it gives you this weird patchy, clumpy look once you start moving your lips around. That unattractive bare "ring" on the inner part of your lips. Not cute. On glossed lips, the pigment of the lipstick is just not there and comes out looking like a tinted gloss at best.

on 8/21/2016 10:06:00 PM

Far & away my favorite lipstick. I own this in 5 shades, Preview, Flashing Lights, Couture, Muse & Fashionista. I love al of them, but Preview is my go to- I have a tube of it in my vanity, my purse and my desk (in case I make it out the door without time to finish my makeup). I usually apply it & then add a smashbox gloss over it if I'm looking to add a little punch. I can apply this once in the morning & it lasts all day with no transfer or fading. If I'm bad & don't take it off at night then it will look exactly the same the next morning & none of it will be on my pillow case. I don't find it drying or difficult to apply at all.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought it initially because I liked the packaging and the shade I bought it in (Backstage) looked promising. Safe to say, I'm not planning on buying this lipstick again.

Despite wearing lip balm underneath, I get so uncomfortable wearing this lipstick because my lips feel so dry. I immediately want to take it off. I haven't tried it with some lipbalm or gloss on top of it so I'll do that the next time around. Regardless, I don't like wearing gloss so this isn't going to make me like the product anymore.

It goes on very nicely and I actually don't mind that it's sheer because it doesn't look as dramatic. Unfortunately, despite that, it is still drying and makes my lips look very unattractive. :/

on 5/5/2016 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

although these are not my favorite lipstick, i have a few colors that i enjoy wearing. It takes so long to set it's a bit frustrating, but once it's set it doesnt budge or come off easily. The pigmentation is not so good, its a little on the sheer side so you have to layer it to get it to its full opacity. Also it feels a bit sticky on the lips and is slightly scented although the scent doesnt bother me at all. Revlon couldve made a better formula for it but this lipstick is so cheap u shouldnt expect alot from it anyway. An ok lipstick for the price but im not repurchasing.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Overview:
These are not good at all and I really regret purchasing mine. I love matte lipsticks and have tried a lot and these are one of the worst I've ever used. For the quality these are extremely over priced. For literally a couple dollars more you could get a MAC lipstick with guaranteed good quality. Or even for cheaper get Colorpop, Milani, Wet N Wild or Maybelline. Revlon completely missed the mark, as they do often with their lipsticks. These are their failure at making a matte lipstick. Don't buy these.

Details:
I purchased the shade "Supermodel" which looked promising in the tube, a plum mauve shade. The packaging is similar to Wet N Wild lipsticks, but slightly better (but wet n wild lipsticks are actually great) I had no idea what these lipsticks were when I picked them up. I saw they looked new and read that they were "suede" so I assumed they were a smooth matte lipstick. I was unpleasantly surprised when I swatched mine to discover they were more of a cream like one of those lip butter lipsticks. They have very little pigmentation and require multiple layers to get anywhere near full color. With the dark shade, layering left some patchiness which made it hard to work with. I was then surprised again once it dried to realize they actually set into a matte finish, more similar to the matte finish of a liquid lipstick then a matte lipstick. They look matte and are extremely "stuck on" your lips, but it's tacky and extremely sticky. They don't transfer much at all, which is nice. But because they don't have much pigmentation and go on somewhat splotchy, when they dry matte it just looks light and weird. These last a while on but when they fade they leave splotchy stains on your lips. The main fail in these is the color pay off and the texture. So really the main things you look for in a good lipstick are what these are lacking. For $8+ these are a waste of money.

I have it in the FINALE colour. It is an okay lipstick, but not the opaque power punch of colour I was hoping for. The colour is nice, but not punchy enough. Goes on more sheer than I'd like, and it is pretty bad for transfer. Feels fine on.

Tacky. It goes on evenly but doesn't look even after it "dries". Would not recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Have it in "Super Model" which is a nice purple, but not a dark purple / mauve color and "Silhouette" which is a nice really pink color. The colors are great, the staying power is great as well on my lips, but I don't like how Silhouette is a little patchy on my dark lips. You need to be careful applying too. Go over bare spots and section your lips in four when applying to get it anywhere near even. Another reviewer prior described the feeling as tacky and was exactly right. If you don't like feeling a texture you will not want this on your mouth all day. I will re-purchase "Super Model" as it's more even and pigmented and I just love how it stays on for an entire work shift...but Silhouette just does not work as well for me...Oh, and do not purse / rub your lips together, it does not feel good and makes the consistency off and the color move around. All in all a good product tho, just need to take that extra little step or two for application really.