e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

2.8

on 2/3/2017 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Oh, I so badly wanted to love this product! I love the precision marker applicator and the colour is rich and pigmented. The trouble occurs when it dries. My God, does it dry my lips. To the point where they're cracking ever so slightly, begging for moisture.
I've said it before, ELF products are very hit or miss. While I've been thoroughly impressed with their other products, I'm just not feeling their lip products. Which is fine, since I've already got other lipstick lines that work fine for me but I gotta say, I was really sad when I realized that this one would not be one of my go-tos.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Overall, I liked this product. Gave my lips a small hint of color. The only thing is that after a month or two, it starts to STINK. Its awful. I would continue to buy this, if not for the smell after two months time.

I thought this was like a long lasting lip gloss. I was wrong.
On my lunch break, I saw it at 7-11 and decided to buy it w/ a couple of other Elf products.

When I got to work and opened it, I had to retrieve the package to read it completely. Because for a second there, I thought I made a mistake & purchased a marker.

At first, I was too leery to try this on my lips. So I tried it on my hand.
The color is a nice shade of pink. Feels a little dry, but a little creamy as well. Used my hand to take it off easily. Though you could still see it very slightly afterwards. A little soap & water takes it off completely.
I then tried it on my lips. I didn't like how it felt on my lips.
So yea, I will not be wearing this.
It's now in my pencil/pen/marker cup holder. It'll be used as a marker since it was only $2.

on 1/7/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm sad to say that this is one of the only elf products I've used that I don't like. Ive owned three different shades of this product. They all have little to no product, and there is almost no pigmentation when there is product. I've also noticed that after a very short amount of time (around two weeks/ after 10 uses personally) they develop a very bad smell.

on 1/7/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I hate it! I love love love ELF Products! I stare at their whole line every time I'm in Target. I saw this lip stain and decided to try it because i abhor lipstick! So I bought this....went to the car and tried it on......but the stain marker was DRY. I got a tidbit of color, even tried to mark it on my hand, paper, lips. I thought maybe the tip was bad (remember when you were younger and cut a small piece of the marker tip....didn't work) So i returned it and got another one thinking it was just a bad piece. #NOPE didn't work at all! I would not recommend!

Okay, after reading so many good reviews, I decided to go ahead and try this since it was only $2.

However, it has been terrible. Five minutes after I put it on it dried into the corners of my mouth and faded every where else.

I just threw it in the trash.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These are nice stains. The colors are nice, there's no bad smell or anything like that. I have all the stains and the only one I don't care for is crimson red. It's nice but it doesn't look good on. It looks like you applied lipstick 4 hours ago and not in the good way. Also for any of these colors. Exfoliate well.

The others are beautiful though and make your lips look nice and fresh. I always put a clear balm over top. The packaging is nice, the applicator is precise and they stains dry quickly without bleeding. (Even crimson red) besides that, for the orice, I paid $2 you can't complain too much. Elf is one of my favorite lines. There isn't too much I don't like from this company.

on 2/4/2014 10:39:00 AM

really nice color and pigmented, slightly drying

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I feel like this product has the potential to be great however I just bought it and it is already dried out. And I had to work REALLY hard just to get mediocre coverage. I would definitely not recommend this product unless you have TINY lips

on 7/17/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up Crimson Crush and Nude Nectar at Target after my NYC lip stains ran out. The Crimson Crush builds to a nice color (NOT the case with Nude Nectar), but you have to really work to get the color. The stain lasts a fairly long time ~ 4 hours before you need to reapply. I like the felt tip pen-style packaging of the product, makes it very easy to line your lips and fill in the color. The only downside is that the stains tend to dry out your lips, but that's something I've noticed with most stains. Overall, I'd recommend Crimson Crush if you're looking for a nice, low priced stain.