e.l.f. E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

e.l.f. E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

on 1/7/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm sad to say that this is one of the only elf products I've used that I don't like. Ive owned three different shades of this product. They all have little to no product, and there is almost no pigmentation when there is product. I've also noticed that after a very short amount of time (around two weeks/ after 10 uses personally) they develop a very bad smell.

on 7/17/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up Crimson Crush and Nude Nectar at Target after my NYC lip stains ran out. The Crimson Crush builds to a nice color (NOT the case with Nude Nectar), but you have to really work to get the color. The stain lasts a fairly long time ~ 4 hours before you need to reapply. I like the felt tip pen-style packaging of the product, makes it very easy to line your lips and fill in the color. The only downside is that the stains tend to dry out your lips, but that's something I've noticed with most stains. Overall, I'd recommend Crimson Crush if you're looking for a nice, low priced stain.

on 4/21/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Purchased this yesterday at target for 2 dollars and so far so good! It makes my lips nice and dark but at the same time it's not dramatic because it's really matte. It doesn't last forever so longevity isn't great BUT the pigmentation is amazing. Will most definitely purchase more colors in the future.

on 10/1/2012 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Iíll admit, I threw this in, mostly to get my total over $25 so I could get free shipping.

I ended up getting an *excellent* product, for a stupid reason.

I was looking for a deep red lip stain for fall/winter, from a cruelty-free company. Crimson Crush met those standards, and I figured since it was only $2, why not try it?

Well, I got way more than I paid for.

Crimson Crush, which comes in a marker-like applicator, is a fabulous deep true red that leans more toward the ďcool.Ē Itís not really a ďbrightĒ red; itís more of a berry red. Itís sort of like MAC Russian Red lipstick, in stain form.

Crimson Crush goes on smoothly, for a color this deep, and once applied, it stays put. Donít wear this unless you want red lips for the entire day. I think it will make an outstanding base for my favorite deep red lipsticks, like the aforementioned Russian Red. A little balm over it alleviates that slightly dry feeling that is inevitable with a lip stain.

If you want serious red lips with some great staying power, this is absolutely the way to go.

Iíd happily buy it again.
P.S. Hereís a very helpful review:

continued >>