e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

3.0

I thought this was like a long lasting lip gloss. I was wrong.
On my lunch break, I saw it at 7-11 and decided to buy it w/ a couple of other Elf products.

When I got to work and opened it, I had to retrieve the package to read it completely. Because for a second there, I thought I made a mistake & purchased a marker.

At first, I was too leery to try this on my lips. So I tried it on my hand.
The color is a nice shade of pink. Feels a little dry, but a little creamy as well. Used my hand to take it off easily. Though you could still see it very slightly afterwards. A little soap & water takes it off completely.
I then tried it on my lips. I didn't like how it felt on my lips.
So yea, I will not be wearing this.
It's now in my pencil/pen/marker cup holder. It'll be used as a marker since it was only $2.

Okay, after reading so many good reviews, I decided to go ahead and try this since it was only $2.

However, it has been terrible. Five minutes after I put it on it dried into the corners of my mouth and faded every where else.

I just threw it in the trash.

on 10/15/2014 12:42:00 PM

After trying a previous ELF lip stain (nude nectar) and liking it, I took the plunge with this darker color since it was fall. I have light to olive skin, light eyes, and dark hair. The wearability of this cheap stain is awesome, it lasts long, is not sticky, and doesn't come off on things like my coffee cup. It looks great and I received compliments when I first began wearing it. For such a reasonable price it is totally worth it. The applicator is a bit pointy, but helps to "draw" the outer edges of my lips. For fuller coverage, I just apply it at an angle. Looks great layered with a gloss over it (I used one from selma hayek's nuance line). Recommended.

on 2/4/2014 10:39:00 AM

really nice color and pigmented, slightly drying

on 5/2/2013 4:56:00 PM

LOVE this product! I was always a fan of the lip stains but I couldn't find a good color for a dark lips. I purchase this color at Target when it was release. The fine tip gives you the accuracy to create clean lines. The texture feels like a watercolor and dries instantly for a matte finish. However, it can be drying so moisturize the lips before application. The color is bold and the look lasts over 8 hours with little reapplying after meals or drinks. The only downside is that I'm not sure how much this product contains but I can feel the pen drying. Even after that, for $2 it's still a steal.