e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

2.8

on 1/25/2016 2:09:00 PM

The only things I like about this is the applicator. It is only really pigmented towards the back of my lips, it makes it look like I bit then and they're bleeding. On the rest of my lips, it looks really uneven. It'll be darker in some spots and lighter on others, no matter how many layers I apply. Mine hasn't dried out, like some of the complaints and I've had it for two months.

I love elf but this product is a disappointment. I bought it and tried it on it gave a little bit of color but the market was kinda dry and it was patchy and did not apply well so I took it off. An hour or two later a tried it again and it was completely dry and gave no color whatsoever and Yes the cap was on. Defiantly not trying this product again.

on 3/6/2015 12:18:00 PM

I really can't say I like this. It gives a nice deep color, and is good for making a gradient lip, but only if you're working on perfectly dry lips. This will not show up on moisturized lips! It's the same texture exactly as a crayola washable marker, so ask yourself whether you want to literally be coloring on your lips with a children's marker.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These are nice stains. The colors are nice, there's no bad smell or anything like that. I have all the stains and the only one I don't care for is crimson red. It's nice but it doesn't look good on. It looks like you applied lipstick 4 hours ago and not in the good way. Also for any of these colors. Exfoliate well.

The others are beautiful though and make your lips look nice and fresh. I always put a clear balm over top. The packaging is nice, the applicator is precise and they stains dry quickly without bleeding. (Even crimson red) besides that, for the orice, I paid $2 you can't complain too much. Elf is one of my favorite lines. There isn't too much I don't like from this company.

on 2/6/2014 8:06:00 PM

I have wanted to try this brand forever and my local Wal Mart finally got the display. I wanted to go nuts, but I settled for a $2 USD lip stain. Crimson Crush is certainly crimson! Its a bright, blue - based red that whitens teeth. I have lightly pigmented lips, and it took a bit of building on my lips to get the full saturation, but its a gorgeous red. I have other brands of lip stain and this one is as good as the $9 USD offerings.
One thing I really like about e.l.f.'s stain is that after it dries, I can put balm or gloss on top and the color doesn't bleed onto the balm or gloss. I hate that!!
It lasted really well drinking with a straw, but food sent it to the edges of my lips.
Overall, a very good start for me with this brand, I look forward to trying more from them!

For a $2 stain I was very impressed. It held up longer than my Benetint, which I've always had a problem getting to stay for more than a couple of hours. The downside is that it has dried out some, and I have to work a little more for the same first-day results, but in the end I can't complain. Definitely a keeper.

on 8/7/2013 4:08:00 PM

I got this just to try it and it worked the first day but the next day it was already dried out! It barely gives any color, it mattifys your lips, makes them feel very dry and I just found mine today, I've had if for about 2 months and it smells horrible! Would not reccomend

I am so shocked to see the positive reviews on this product! Maybe it's just me, but it didn't work out so good.

When I saw the packaging, it instantly screamed "Cheap." It is only $2, so that really wasn't a big deal to me. When putting it on, it took a while to reach it's full "richness" in color. After about 5 minutes of building this product up on my lips, I wasn't too disappointing with the color! It was actually quite lovely. But...after only a few minutes of wearing, it dried up my lips majorly and left me with "cracked" looking red lips.

Bummer!

-Mak

on 10/1/2012 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I’ll admit, I threw this in, mostly to get my total over $25 so I could get free shipping.

I ended up getting an *excellent* product, for a stupid reason.

I was looking for a deep red lip stain for fall/winter, from a cruelty-free company. Crimson Crush met those standards, and I figured since it was only $2, why not try it?

Well, I got way more than I paid for.

Crimson Crush, which comes in a marker-like applicator, is a fabulous deep true red that leans more toward the “cool.” It’s not really a “bright” red; it’s more of a berry red. It’s sort of like MAC Russian Red lipstick, in stain form.

Crimson Crush goes on smoothly, for a color this deep, and once applied, it stays put. Don’t wear this unless you want red lips for the entire day. I think it will make an outstanding base for my favorite deep red lipsticks, like the aforementioned Russian Red. A little balm over it alleviates that slightly dry feeling that is inevitable with a lip stain.

If you want serious red lips with some great staying power, this is absolutely the way to go.

I’d happily buy it again.
P.S. Here’s a very helpful review:

continued >>