e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

2.8

on 10/1/2012 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I’ll admit, I threw this in, mostly to get my total over $25 so I could get free shipping.

I ended up getting an *excellent* product, for a stupid reason.

I was looking for a deep red lip stain for fall/winter, from a cruelty-free company. Crimson Crush met those standards, and I figured since it was only $2, why not try it?

Well, I got way more than I paid for.

Crimson Crush, which comes in a marker-like applicator, is a fabulous deep true red that leans more toward the “cool.” It’s not really a “bright” red; it’s more of a berry red. It’s sort of like MAC Russian Red lipstick, in stain form.

Crimson Crush goes on smoothly, for a color this deep, and once applied, it stays put. Don’t wear this unless you want red lips for the entire day. I think it will make an outstanding base for my favorite deep red lipsticks, like the aforementioned Russian Red. A little balm over it alleviates that slightly dry feeling that is inevitable with a lip stain.

If you want serious red lips with some great staying power, this is absolutely the way to go.

I’d happily buy it again.
P.S. Here’s a very helpful review:

continued >>

on 5/7/2017 7:52:00 PM

I swatched this on my hand after I bought it - left a nice pink stain (in fact, it won't wash off and it's been a day!). On my lips, though, it barely showed up with one pass, so i tried using it like a marker and making a few passes like I was coloring. It left little bits of color in the lines on my lips, and then in a few minutes of just talking it had worn off to just a weird stain around the outer parts of my lips (looked like horrible lip liner). Tossing.

on 2/6/2014 8:06:00 PM

I have wanted to try this brand forever and my local Wal Mart finally got the display. I wanted to go nuts, but I settled for a $2 USD lip stain. Crimson Crush is certainly crimson! Its a bright, blue - based red that whitens teeth. I have lightly pigmented lips, and it took a bit of building on my lips to get the full saturation, but its a gorgeous red. I have other brands of lip stain and this one is as good as the $9 USD offerings.
One thing I really like about e.l.f.'s stain is that after it dries, I can put balm or gloss on top and the color doesn't bleed onto the balm or gloss. I hate that!!
It lasted really well drinking with a straw, but food sent it to the edges of my lips.
Overall, a very good start for me with this brand, I look forward to trying more from them!

on 1/25/2016 2:09:00 PM

The only things I like about this is the applicator. It is only really pigmented towards the back of my lips, it makes it look like I bit then and they're bleeding. On the rest of my lips, it looks really uneven. It'll be darker in some spots and lighter on others, no matter how many layers I apply. Mine hasn't dried out, like some of the complaints and I've had it for two months.

I thought this was like a long lasting lip gloss. I was wrong.
On my lunch break, I saw it at 7-11 and decided to buy it w/ a couple of other Elf products.

When I got to work and opened it, I had to retrieve the package to read it completely. Because for a second there, I thought I made a mistake & purchased a marker.

At first, I was too leery to try this on my lips. So I tried it on my hand.
The color is a nice shade of pink. Feels a little dry, but a little creamy as well. Used my hand to take it off easily. Though you could still see it very slightly afterwards. A little soap & water takes it off completely.
I then tried it on my lips. I didn't like how it felt on my lips.
So yea, I will not be wearing this.
It's now in my pencil/pen/marker cup holder. It'll be used as a marker since it was only $2.

on 1/7/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I hate it! I love love love ELF Products! I stare at their whole line every time I'm in Target. I saw this lip stain and decided to try it because i abhor lipstick! So I bought this....went to the car and tried it on......but the stain marker was DRY. I got a tidbit of color, even tried to mark it on my hand, paper, lips. I thought maybe the tip was bad (remember when you were younger and cut a small piece of the marker tip....didn't work) So i returned it and got another one thinking it was just a bad piece. #NOPE didn't work at all! I would not recommend!

on 7/17/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up Crimson Crush and Nude Nectar at Target after my NYC lip stains ran out. The Crimson Crush builds to a nice color (NOT the case with Nude Nectar), but you have to really work to get the color. The stain lasts a fairly long time ~ 4 hours before you need to reapply. I like the felt tip pen-style packaging of the product, makes it very easy to line your lips and fill in the color. The only downside is that the stains tend to dry out your lips, but that's something I've noticed with most stains. Overall, I'd recommend Crimson Crush if you're looking for a nice, low priced stain.

on 2/3/2017 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Oh, I so badly wanted to love this product! I love the precision marker applicator and the colour is rich and pigmented. The trouble occurs when it dries. My God, does it dry my lips. To the point where they're cracking ever so slightly, begging for moisture.
I've said it before, ELF products are very hit or miss. While I've been thoroughly impressed with their other products, I'm just not feeling their lip products. Which is fine, since I've already got other lipstick lines that work fine for me but I gotta say, I was really sad when I realized that this one would not be one of my go-tos.

I love elf but this product is a disappointment. I bought it and tried it on it gave a little bit of color but the market was kinda dry and it was patchy and did not apply well so I took it off. An hour or two later a tried it again and it was completely dry and gave no color whatsoever and Yes the cap was on. Defiantly not trying this product again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Overall, I liked this product. Gave my lips a small hint of color. The only thing is that after a month or two, it starts to STINK. Its awful. I would continue to buy this, if not for the smell after two months time.