e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

2.8

on 10/15/2014 12:42:00 PM

After trying a previous ELF lip stain (nude nectar) and liking it, I took the plunge with this darker color since it was fall. I have light to olive skin, light eyes, and dark hair. The wearability of this cheap stain is awesome, it lasts long, is not sticky, and doesn't come off on things like my coffee cup. It looks great and I received compliments when I first began wearing it. For such a reasonable price it is totally worth it. The applicator is a bit pointy, but helps to "draw" the outer edges of my lips. For fuller coverage, I just apply it at an angle. Looks great layered with a gloss over it (I used one from selma hayek's nuance line). Recommended.

on 2/6/2014 8:06:00 PM

I have wanted to try this brand forever and my local Wal Mart finally got the display. I wanted to go nuts, but I settled for a $2 USD lip stain. Crimson Crush is certainly crimson! Its a bright, blue - based red that whitens teeth. I have lightly pigmented lips, and it took a bit of building on my lips to get the full saturation, but its a gorgeous red. I have other brands of lip stain and this one is as good as the $9 USD offerings.
One thing I really like about e.l.f.'s stain is that after it dries, I can put balm or gloss on top and the color doesn't bleed onto the balm or gloss. I hate that!!
It lasted really well drinking with a straw, but food sent it to the edges of my lips.
Overall, a very good start for me with this brand, I look forward to trying more from them!

on 5/2/2013 4:56:00 PM

LOVE this product! I was always a fan of the lip stains but I couldn't find a good color for a dark lips. I purchase this color at Target when it was release. The fine tip gives you the accuracy to create clean lines. The texture feels like a watercolor and dries instantly for a matte finish. However, it can be drying so moisturize the lips before application. The color is bold and the look lasts over 8 hours with little reapplying after meals or drinks. The only downside is that I'm not sure how much this product contains but I can feel the pen drying. Even after that, for $2 it's still a steal.

on 4/21/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Purchased this yesterday at target for 2 dollars and so far so good! It makes my lips nice and dark but at the same time it's not dramatic because it's really matte. It doesn't last forever so longevity isn't great BUT the pigmentation is amazing. Will most definitely purchase more colors in the future.

on 10/1/2012 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I’ll admit, I threw this in, mostly to get my total over $25 so I could get free shipping.

I ended up getting an *excellent* product, for a stupid reason.

I was looking for a deep red lip stain for fall/winter, from a cruelty-free company. Crimson Crush met those standards, and I figured since it was only $2, why not try it?

Well, I got way more than I paid for.

Crimson Crush, which comes in a marker-like applicator, is a fabulous deep true red that leans more toward the “cool.” It’s not really a “bright” red; it’s more of a berry red. It’s sort of like MAC Russian Red lipstick, in stain form.

Crimson Crush goes on smoothly, for a color this deep, and once applied, it stays put. Don’t wear this unless you want red lips for the entire day. I think it will make an outstanding base for my favorite deep red lipsticks, like the aforementioned Russian Red. A little balm over it alleviates that slightly dry feeling that is inevitable with a lip stain.

If you want serious red lips with some great staying power, this is absolutely the way to go.

I’d happily buy it again.
P.S. Here’s a very helpful review:

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These are nice stains. The colors are nice, there's no bad smell or anything like that. I have all the stains and the only one I don't care for is crimson red. It's nice but it doesn't look good on. It looks like you applied lipstick 4 hours ago and not in the good way. Also for any of these colors. Exfoliate well.

The others are beautiful though and make your lips look nice and fresh. I always put a clear balm over top. The packaging is nice, the applicator is precise and they stains dry quickly without bleeding. (Even crimson red) besides that, for the orice, I paid $2 you can't complain too much. Elf is one of my favorite lines. There isn't too much I don't like from this company.

For a $2 stain I was very impressed. It held up longer than my Benetint, which I've always had a problem getting to stay for more than a couple of hours. The downside is that it has dried out some, and I have to work a little more for the same first-day results, but in the end I can't complain. Definitely a keeper.

on 7/17/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up Crimson Crush and Nude Nectar at Target after my NYC lip stains ran out. The Crimson Crush builds to a nice color (NOT the case with Nude Nectar), but you have to really work to get the color. The stain lasts a fairly long time ~ 4 hours before you need to reapply. I like the felt tip pen-style packaging of the product, makes it very easy to line your lips and fill in the color. The only downside is that the stains tend to dry out your lips, but that's something I've noticed with most stains. Overall, I'd recommend Crimson Crush if you're looking for a nice, low priced stain.

Awesome color, excellent product for the price.

Better than any version I've found in the drugstore or Sephora.

If you liked Urban Decay's now discontinued "Bitten" Lip Ink --- you might like this.

I only wish the tip of the marker stain was more rounded than pointy.

But -- again -- I'm happy with this purchase & would buy again.

on 2/3/2017 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Oh, I so badly wanted to love this product! I love the precision marker applicator and the colour is rich and pigmented. The trouble occurs when it dries. My God, does it dry my lips. To the point where they're cracking ever so slightly, begging for moisture.
I've said it before, ELF products are very hit or miss. While I've been thoroughly impressed with their other products, I'm just not feeling their lip products. Which is fine, since I've already got other lipstick lines that work fine for me but I gotta say, I was really sad when I realized that this one would not be one of my go-tos.