e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

e.l.f. Cosmetics E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

2.8

on 10/1/2012 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I’ll admit, I threw this in, mostly to get my total over $25 so I could get free shipping.

I ended up getting an *excellent* product, for a stupid reason.

I was looking for a deep red lip stain for fall/winter, from a cruelty-free company. Crimson Crush met those standards, and I figured since it was only $2, why not try it?

Well, I got way more than I paid for.

Crimson Crush, which comes in a marker-like applicator, is a fabulous deep true red that leans more toward the “cool.” It’s not really a “bright” red; it’s more of a berry red. It’s sort of like MAC Russian Red lipstick, in stain form.

Crimson Crush goes on smoothly, for a color this deep, and once applied, it stays put. Don’t wear this unless you want red lips for the entire day. I think it will make an outstanding base for my favorite deep red lipsticks, like the aforementioned Russian Red. A little balm over it alleviates that slightly dry feeling that is inevitable with a lip stain.

If you want serious red lips with some great staying power, this is absolutely the way to go.

I’d happily buy it again.
P.S. Here’s a very helpful review:

continued >>

Awesome color, excellent product for the price.

Better than any version I've found in the drugstore or Sephora.

If you liked Urban Decay's now discontinued "Bitten" Lip Ink --- you might like this.

I only wish the tip of the marker stain was more rounded than pointy.

But -- again -- I'm happy with this purchase & would buy again.

on 4/21/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Purchased this yesterday at target for 2 dollars and so far so good! It makes my lips nice and dark but at the same time it's not dramatic because it's really matte. It doesn't last forever so longevity isn't great BUT the pigmentation is amazing. Will most definitely purchase more colors in the future.

on 5/2/2013 4:56:00 PM

LOVE this product! I was always a fan of the lip stains but I couldn't find a good color for a dark lips. I purchase this color at Target when it was release. The fine tip gives you the accuracy to create clean lines. The texture feels like a watercolor and dries instantly for a matte finish. However, it can be drying so moisturize the lips before application. The color is bold and the look lasts over 8 hours with little reapplying after meals or drinks. The only downside is that I'm not sure how much this product contains but I can feel the pen drying. Even after that, for $2 it's still a steal.

on 7/17/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up Crimson Crush and Nude Nectar at Target after my NYC lip stains ran out. The Crimson Crush builds to a nice color (NOT the case with Nude Nectar), but you have to really work to get the color. The stain lasts a fairly long time ~ 4 hours before you need to reapply. I like the felt tip pen-style packaging of the product, makes it very easy to line your lips and fill in the color. The only downside is that the stains tend to dry out your lips, but that's something I've noticed with most stains. Overall, I'd recommend Crimson Crush if you're looking for a nice, low priced stain.

I am so shocked to see the positive reviews on this product! Maybe it's just me, but it didn't work out so good.

When I saw the packaging, it instantly screamed "Cheap." It is only $2, so that really wasn't a big deal to me. When putting it on, it took a while to reach it's full "richness" in color. After about 5 minutes of building this product up on my lips, I wasn't too disappointing with the color! It was actually quite lovely. But...after only a few minutes of wearing, it dried up my lips majorly and left me with "cracked" looking red lips.

Bummer!

-Mak

on 8/7/2013 4:08:00 PM

I got this just to try it and it worked the first day but the next day it was already dried out! It barely gives any color, it mattifys your lips, makes them feel very dry and I just found mine today, I've had if for about 2 months and it smells horrible! Would not reccomend

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I feel like this product has the potential to be great however I just bought it and it is already dried out. And I had to work REALLY hard just to get mediocre coverage. I would definitely not recommend this product unless you have TINY lips

For a $2 stain I was very impressed. It held up longer than my Benetint, which I've always had a problem getting to stay for more than a couple of hours. The downside is that it has dried out some, and I have to work a little more for the same first-day results, but in the end I can't complain. Definitely a keeper.

on 2/4/2014 10:39:00 AM

really nice color and pigmented, slightly drying