E.L.F. E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

E.L.F. E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

2.8

on 5/7/2017 7:52:00 PM

I swatched this on my hand after I bought it - left a nice pink stain (in fact, it won't wash off and it's been a day!). On my lips, though, it barely showed up with one pass, so i tried using it like a marker and making a few passes like I was coloring. It left little bits of color in the lines on my lips, and then in a few minutes of just talking it had worn off to just a weird stain around the outer parts of my lips (looked like horrible lip liner). Tossing.

on 2/3/2017 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Oh, I so badly wanted to love this product! I love the precision marker applicator and the colour is rich and pigmented. The trouble occurs when it dries. My God, does it dry my lips. To the point where they're cracking ever so slightly, begging for moisture.
I've said it before, ELF products are very hit or miss. While I've been thoroughly impressed with their other products, I'm just not feeling their lip products. Which is fine, since I've already got other lipstick lines that work fine for me but I gotta say, I was really sad when I realized that this one would not be one of my go-tos.

on 1/25/2016 2:09:00 PM

The only things I like about this is the applicator. It is only really pigmented towards the back of my lips, it makes it look like I bit then and they're bleeding. On the rest of my lips, it looks really uneven. It'll be darker in some spots and lighter on others, no matter how many layers I apply. Mine hasn't dried out, like some of the complaints and I've had it for two months.

I love elf but this product is a disappointment. I bought it and tried it on it gave a little bit of color but the market was kinda dry and it was patchy and did not apply well so I took it off. An hour or two later a tried it again and it was completely dry and gave no color whatsoever and Yes the cap was on. Defiantly not trying this product again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Overall, I liked this product. Gave my lips a small hint of color. The only thing is that after a month or two, it starts to STINK. Its awful. I would continue to buy this, if not for the smell after two months time.

I thought this was like a long lasting lip gloss. I was wrong.
On my lunch break, I saw it at 7-11 and decided to buy it w/ a couple of other Elf products.

When I got to work and opened it, I had to retrieve the package to read it completely. Because for a second there, I thought I made a mistake & purchased a marker.

At first, I was too leery to try this on my lips. So I tried it on my hand.
The color is a nice shade of pink. Feels a little dry, but a little creamy as well. Used my hand to take it off easily. Though you could still see it very slightly afterwards. A little soap & water takes it off completely.
I then tried it on my lips. I didn't like how it felt on my lips.
So yea, I will not be wearing this.
It's now in my pencil/pen/marker cup holder. It'll be used as a marker since it was only $2.

on 3/6/2015 12:18:00 PM

I really can't say I like this. It gives a nice deep color, and is good for making a gradient lip, but only if you're working on perfectly dry lips. This will not show up on moisturized lips! It's the same texture exactly as a crayola washable marker, so ask yourself whether you want to literally be coloring on your lips with a children's marker.

on 1/7/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm sad to say that this is one of the only elf products I've used that I don't like. Ive owned three different shades of this product. They all have little to no product, and there is almost no pigmentation when there is product. I've also noticed that after a very short amount of time (around two weeks/ after 10 uses personally) they develop a very bad smell.

on 1/7/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I hate it! I love love love ELF Products! I stare at their whole line every time I'm in Target. I saw this lip stain and decided to try it because i abhor lipstick! So I bought this....went to the car and tried it on......but the stain marker was DRY. I got a tidbit of color, even tried to mark it on my hand, paper, lips. I thought maybe the tip was bad (remember when you were younger and cut a small piece of the marker tip....didn't work) So i returned it and got another one thinking it was just a bad piece. #NOPE didn't work at all! I would not recommend!

Okay, after reading so many good reviews, I decided to go ahead and try this since it was only $2.

However, it has been terrible. Five minutes after I put it on it dried into the corners of my mouth and faded every where else.

I just threw it in the trash.

Popular Lips Products