100 Percent Pure Mint White Tea Moisturizer

100 Percent Pure Mint White Tea Moisturizer

3.0

Not tested on animals

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Disclaimer: I bought this almost two years ago, so the formula may have changed since then, but it does look to be the same on the website. Never reviewed this product because it falls into the "I am crushed and I want to pretend this never happened" category of skincare for me. But recently I've been seeing 100% pure being mentioned online and in magazines, so I figured I should chime in.

In two years I've maybe used this 6-7 times: a few days in a row when I first purchased it in the summer, once when I tried it again in the winter, and a couple times on my body when I ran out of lotion. It smells fantastic and the packaging is cute as heck.

It caused me to breakout like crazy. I'm talking in my Top Two product-related breakouts. Terrible cystic acne that lasted for WEEKS after I stopped using it. Tried a very thin layer again in the winter (purely out of desperation and foolishness), but broke out again. I should have returned it, but I had made a 45 minute trek out to one of the store locations, and I was so bitter about it that I didn't want to go in there again. Plus I didn't want to leave the house since I LOOKED LIKE A MONSTER. But boy does it look nice sitting in my bathroom drawer!!

on 2/5/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried this product a few times. I always want to like it because I love the idea of the white tea and the smell of the mint. Unfortuntely, It seems to break me out and it always seperates in a strange way. After about a week it splits into a peppermint oil and a seperate cream. Very annoying.

on 10/1/2012 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have two favorite moisturizers, this is one of them. Really absorbs well, and helps face feel silky without having to use dimethicone, etc. Does not seem to clog pores or cause me to break out or aggravate my Rosacea. Adds moisture but seems to not cause oil overload, and keeps oil on check overall (I have sensitive yet oily skin). Made for normal to oily skin. If you have super dry skin, I do not think this would work well.
My other favorite is Bioelements Beyond Hydration. Each day I choose one or the other to use. I tend not to use Beyond Hydration overnight though, as the Mint White Tea Moisturizer seems to be a better overnight moisturizer, especially in winter with the dry heat inside.
Ingredient list from their website (confirmed that it matches ingredient list on tube I have in hand):
Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Juice), Organic Rosa Centifolia Flower Water (Rose Hydrosol), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Extracts of Organic Camelia Sinensis Leaf Ferment (White Tea), Calendula Officinalis Flower (Calendula), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root, Matricaria Chamomilla (Chamomile), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf (Rosemary), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Flower/Leaf/Stem, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) and Urtica Dioica (Nettle), Melissa Officinalis Leaf Oil (Lemon Balm), Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle) Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Oil, Hyaluronic Acid