Sephora Pro Round Powder Brush #60

Sephora  Pro Round Powder Brush #60

1.0

on 10/21/2016 2:49:00 PM

I wish I could be able to provide a positive review for this brush. But I'm no exception to the rule : like every single person who purchased his brush on the planet, I had it she on me like crazy pretty much the instant it came in contact with my face. I purchased it during one of Sephora's sales (looking back, I think I get why they had this particular brush on sale), so, while I didn't pay a crazy amount of money on it, I'm still disgruntled with my purchase. There were tons of reviews on the sephora website saying that it was terrible, but, like an idiot, I ignored them, because, hey! Sales! As it turned out, I shouldn't have.

It looks like a big, fluffy and slightly tapered brush. It has perfect shape to apply a light layer of powder to the face - I personnaly haven't used it for powder foundation, but it works perfctly fine for transluscent powder or a sheer dusting of bronzer on the high points of the face. Although it's too big to confortably fit in the undfer-eye area, so I wouldn't recommend trying to set your concealer with it.

This is the theory. In reality, this brush starts losing its bristles the instant you try to do something with it. Plus, it's scratchy. Not to the point where I can't stand it, but enough tht I really, really don't enjoy the process. To be honest, although I was horrified the first few times I used it - the sheer amount of black strands it left on my face made me fear the fact that I would soon be left with an empty barrel - the shedding calmed down after a while. It does leave an occasional black hair on my skin, which, I'll admit, is not the most practical, but it's usable. I've had it for a few month and the shape is pretty much intact from what I can tell. Mind you, I wouldn't repurchase it and I would never ever recommand it to anyone, but if you've already purchased it and you came here wondering if it was just your brush that was defficient : it's salvageable. You've probably payed good money for it, it would be a waste to toss it in the trash immediately and go buy another powder brush (knowing that those babies are expensive).

Long story short : it's a terribly made brush that you should never buy under any circumstances, but you can make it work. More or less.

on 9/27/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

UGH! So disappointed. This brush sheds like crazy!!! I am so upset! It cost almost $50 bucks and it sheds all over your face! Don't buy!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the worst brush that I've tried from Sephora's new line of brushes. It sheds like crazy. It is the most expensive brush in the line at just under $50. The few reviews that are on the Sephora website confirm that the brushes shed, so obviously there was some kind of defect when making these brushes. Do yourself a favor and do not waste your money on this brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes