L'Oreal Infallible - Metallic Lilac

L'Oreal Infallible - Metallic Lilac

4.5

This is one of those items in my collection that makes my heart sing when I use it. It's so uniquely beautiful and flattering, especially on brown eyes IMO.

This is a metallic, cool, slightly muted, silvery lilac with a beautiful silver shimmer running through it. Though it's bold and richly pigmented, this is the type of colourful eyeshadow that I would recommend for a girl who usually likes neutral shadows, since it's the type of purple that doesn't scream 'bright and colourful', but rather flatters the eye first and reads as lilac second- you wear the eyeshadow, the eyeshadow doesn't wear you. I think it's the cool, muted shade of the lilac that allows it to work so well.

Like many others have mentioned about the infallible shadows, I prefer to apply this all over the lid with my pinky finger, rather than with a brush.

If you're a girl who can appreciate a high-shimmer eyeshadow (I realize that's not for everyone), give this a try, even if you're usually a bit nervous about using non-neutrals. This will blow you away.

on 10/25/2013 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very pretty silvery lilac/cool lavender color. I layer this over black or charcoal eyeshadow cream, like MUFE aqua eye cream. The result is sultry and dramatic, like Kristen Stewart's eyes. To make it more for day, I layer it over brown. It's very versatile. No fallouts for me, but then again I don't put a whole lot on my eyes.

on 10/13/2013 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love the colour of this. I have lots of these infallible shadows (about 10 or so) and love them, the colour of this one is one of my favourites, but it has a lot of fallout.

on 9/29/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Metallic lilac is a shimmery lilac-silver with silver shimmers.Beautiful,unique color! It goes well on the application,it last fairly long,it brings a beautiful luminosity to the eyes!Goes well with:purple,dark purple,lilac,silver,black eye shadows! Love it!

on 1/23/2013 3:51:00 PM

Wow! What a great color, a combination of grey and lilac that is really eye-brightening, works for any eye color I think. Great payoff also, I hadn't tried these before but fell in love with the color. Wearing it today, lots of compliments! (my eyes are medium brown) A nice change from plain browns/greys. Try it!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is the first eyeshadow I've purchased in the infallible eyeshadows. Just wow, I can't believe I wanted so long to try these! Beautiful metallic, long wearing, easy to use and I'm seriously in love with this color. I need more!!