Essie Pure Pearlfection

4.7

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this topcoat! It adds a nice shimmer to any polish!

Pretty, but there's not much to it. Essie's Pure Pearlfection top coat is made up of sparse and delicate white microshimmer in a clear base. TOO delicate for my taste, on the nail it hardly looks like anything's there.

No complaints regarding the formula, but I didn't care for the polish itself and I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this polish! It looks gorgeous over almost any color, but particularly striking over darker polishes. It has teeny silver glitter that shimmers iridescent green and purple when it catches the light. I use this mostly to extend the life of my manicures - I'll touch up chips with whatever color I'm wearing and finish with a coat of this. It gives any color new dimension and a few more days of wear.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This is designed as a special effects top coat, to give a pearlescent sheen to any polish, but as several reviewers have noted, this can be worn alone if you want a very sheer, pearly look.

This polish is sheer, silvery, pearly (obviously), and has tiny micro glitter in pink, pale green, and light blue (or it might be iridescent, but it's hard to tell when the glitter is so tiny; I think it's actually coloured, though). The polish looks gorgeous over pretty much every polish I've tried it with. It's particularly eye-popping over dark colours, but I put it over a medium dusty-rose and it was lovely, as well.

Essie's definitely got a winner with this one. Gorgeous, and extremely versatile.

LOVE this shimmery top coat! Looks amazing over any color, dark or light. The only way I wear Essies Muchi Muchi is with this over it! I have even worn it by itself and it's gorgeous that way as well. I would absolutely purchase again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This polish is really pretty - it has just enough sparkle to add a little pop to your nails and really enhance the color underneath! I love wearing it over a nude jelly polish like OPI's Samoan Sand. The only reason I didn't give it five lippies is because if you use it over nail art, it does tend to drag the design which can be very frustrating. Besides that, it's a fantastic polish to have in your collection! It dries quickly and has pretty average wear time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love classic when it comes to my nails. I save the color for my toes. So I was drawn to this polish because it is muted and natural with a little unexpected pop of fun silvery glitte, that is what I look for to keep from beig bored with classic lol. One coat of PP is sheer and looks like my nails but better. I have seen lots of pictures of it as an awesome top coat over darker colors. It is beautiful that way but not for ME. I wil always have a bottle of this in my collection!

I love this color!!! Makes my nails look so neat and clean. Also, the fact that I'm not a professional manicurist doesn't show a bit. Love it, love it!! I have the gold one too. Not as complimentary of my skin tone. This silver is a keeper for sure!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

As a girl who tends to stick to nudes and a lover of cremes I'm actually so surprised by how much I love this topcoat. When the luxe effects line came out I saw what it looked like in the bottle and passed it up because it didn't look all that interesting to me. I sort of forgot about it until recently and I've seen the swatches online with this over any color and I fell in love with it. I just received mine and layered it over Essie's Go Ginza and oh my gosh how girly and pretty my nails look! It applies perfectly it's not too thick and it is easy to smooth out the polish and get a nice coverage. I am obsessed with this polish. I cannot wait for fall and winter to really spice up my dark polishes with a shimmer that is unique and subtle and girly all wrapped in one!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my favey glitter polishes! I put one coat of this over two coats of Essie Marshmellow & got nothing but compliments! It looked so elegant! Its the perfect sublte glitter!

Popular Polishes