Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

2.0

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Okay...I have tried this lipstick/stain in 4 shades, with varying success. These are new lipsticks from MUFE with the lipstick on one side, the gloss on the other. I could definitely see running out of gloss and I don't see that they sell it separately. Bummer.

My first 2 were #1 and #8. #1 is this brownish mauve I don't know what kind of color, but it gave me that corpse-y look and it wore off really fast, not even leaving a stain. Back it went, exchanged for #2. Number 2 is a darker #1. On me it has a pinkish hue to it and I almost like it. It was just too dark! Blah! It was just too much. So I exchanged that for #15, which is pink. The color is okay, nothing to write home about, and I can't seem to keep it off my teeth! I have worn it 3 times, once mixed with #8 for a fuschia color and it still ended up on my teeth...no bueno. I think I will be returning this one as well, which sucks because it's so promising, these colors just don't work for me.

Now, on to #8 which is RED RED. I've been wanting to wear red for ages, so I thought I'd grab this one because it is supposed to be universally flattering. I think it looks really good. My huband says it's okay, but he more of a fan of gloss, as am I usually. I think the opaqueness is too much for him. I like it though!

If my local Sephora gets the baby pink, I will give that a try, otherwise, I am done trying these. I do love the red though, give it a try!

Overall, I'd give #1 2 lippies, #2 3 lippies, #15 1 lippie, and #8 4 lippies, so overall 3 lippies.

I returned this product yesterday after trying it a few times and every single time, within an hour or sometimes even less it would start to extremely flake off or just melt off almost. It is supposed to be long lasting or even stain like and I found it was neither of these things. It did not stain my lips and definitely was not long lasting. It also applied very unevenly using the provided applicator and 2 other lip brushes. I just cannot find a way to make this work, and this was all done without eating or drinking anything, so just me going about my business and it would start to come off. I was actually completely put off by this since it is by make up for ever and I do love this brand. To me this product was just a flop. The color was amazing on the other hand though, very intense and very true to what was in the tube. If wanted something to come off like this I could have just spent less money and bought something from the drugstore.