Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.2

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product's gonna be impressive since i read bloggers talking abt this product won't budge off even after eating, making out etc. Tested it on my hands too before buying but damn it didnt budge. so i bought a couple of other liquid lippies too but i was so excited to try this one first.
-I must say i hate the smell! I dont usually complain abt this but it really sucks; smells like paint or cheap makeup.
-difficult to apply, especially to slowly line your lips using the applicator and this dries fast which makes it even harder
-it's kinda tacky and uncomfortable on the lips
-it dries out my lips! The area where i applied the product, especially along the inner lip in particular; I could see my lips dried and chapped.
-Ok let's say if I ate something during the day, the skin that is chapped will flake/peel by itself which makes my whole lips look extremely horrible. I had to apply to fill up the missing lipstick patches.
-But this product do last quite awhile. I believe it may work for some people.
-And the only thing i like is the color and how pigmented it is.

Overall this is really disappointing. Not worth my SGD43. Plus I dont see myself needing to use the gloss.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Okay here's the deal - at first I was absolutely in love with these. You will swatch this product on your hand and it will not come off for literally like three days even with washing your hands repeatedly (use olive oil). You'll be like, "damn, this is straight blowjob-proof!" (Or not lol). You will be happy with how okay your lips feel, not super drying at all. Alas, it will be short-lived. The reason being, this stuff wears disgustingly throughout the day. I'm not talking about after eating some greasy burger or drinking alcohol in which cases NO lip product will last. I tested this stuff in numerous situations including a day where I literally didn't have time to eat for like 6 hours. All I did was talk and drink water from a straw. It wears off on the inside part of your mouth and leaves a ring on the outer part of your lips which is NOT a good look, ever. It's so sad because the actual formula lasts sooo long but because of the way it wears and how difficult it is to touch up, it's pointless. You can try it for yourself, obviously, but I have tested this product for like a month now and am still at the same conclusion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was able to get this on super sale for $4. This is a very amazing waterproof lip stain. It truly will not come off. i ate breakfast, coffee, and pizza later for lunch still on, BUT it is very drying on your lips. My lips can get very dry so I will put a gloss on top of this, but if you need something to out lasting anything, this is it. This is so drying that will take me 2 days to recover from wearing this.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I think that this product is distinctly average. I own the colour #20 'Baby Pink', and you really need to go over your lips 3-4 times, building up the colour to get it to maximum opacity - one swipe and you just about get a hint of colour. Once built up, the colour is a bright, bordering on fluorescent pink. As it dries, it feels tacky on the lips, and if you want to add another swipe of colour, you need to work very fast as it dries quickly. It looks super-matte once it's dry, which is why the gloss is a necessity. It goes without saying that your lips need to be in excellent condition before you even think about applying the Aqua Rouge to them - I apply lip balm, wait, then add 'Prep + Prime Lip', wait then apply Aqua Rouge. The gloss is actually pretty great, not too sticky, or heavy feeling which I hate. It feels comfortable to wear and adds some much needed shine to the colour. Quite honestly, I think that Aqua Rouge is no different to any matte lipstick - if you eat or drink with this on, it will come off, and will flake as it does so - leaving your lips looking crusty and blotchy. For the price, I'd rather buy one of Lime Crime's 'Velvetines' or one of MAC's matte lipsticks. I still have my eye on shade #8 'Iconic Red', but I definitely won't repurchase this colour.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wow, just wow. The staying power is AMAZING, yet not drying, and I'm the kind of girl who can't handle matte formulas since my lips are so dry.

I wan't to highlight two drawbacks:

• You don't get a lot product and will go through the product quickly. I'd say that the lifespan of this is counted in weeks, not months, as with a regular lipstick.
• The colored part of the lipstick does not BUDGE, however, the gloss tends to slip of the lips and make it looks like you have a sweaty over lip. (Really easy to wipe off, you just have to remember it)

I WILL repurchase the red one (8), as well as trying the other ones.

Such a shame. This lipstick has one flaw that makes this totally unusable for me- it wears off in big FLAKES. And you don't feel or see it happening somehow- halfway through the day, you just look at yourself in the mirror and see big chunks of lipstick missing, while the other parts are bright and visible. Very, very bizarre looking. I couldn't in good conscience recommend this to someone, it's pretty embarrassing when you realize that you've been walking around like that for hours without noticing. Yikes.

It's disappointing because otherwise this is a gorgeous shade. I have this in 19 Pomegranate Pink- a lovely reddish pink that is definitely more pink than red. Very flattering colour that would be pretty for day as well as evening. When I first put it on I was sure this would quickly become one of my favourite lipsticks, especially since it didn't feel *too* drying considering the longwear claims.

It pains me to say it, but give this one a miss. Make up forever usually puts out great quality stuff, but there is no possible way I can make this lipstick work for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

So I got this in the color 18 and noooooo. This is crap. It's a coral shade but it just looks nasty on my lips. It does not go on evenly and it leaves residue of lipstick. It just looks gross.. I washed it off and took the rest off with oil makeup remover! Sorry try again!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This stays on. FOR.EVER. If you're going to swatch these in a shop, make sure you have some heavy duty makeup remover nearby, coz they're gonna stay on your hand for a long, long time.

This is a great waterproof lip lacquer but boy, it is a pain to apply. You need a lot of time and patience to get the application down right, You definitely need a lip brush to apply evenly, and lots of cotton swabs for quick clean ups. If you've made a mistake, clean it up immediately, coz that is going to STAIN!

Long ass lasting power, doesn't transfer, and you will only need touch ups if you're eating oily (salads with dressing?) and greasy (not a good idea to grab a burger with a red lip on)

If you're looking for a quick no-fuss red lip that you can apply in a couple of minutes then this isn't the product for you.

But it you're looking for something that will carry you through the day/night with minimum touch ups, and you have some time for proper application - this is it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Like reviewer desertrose08 so aptly described, her experience was the exact same as mine. I purchased no. 18 and although it is a very hydrating and budge proof product and comes in so many beautiful colors, it is IMPOSSIBLE to apply evenly. On multiple occasions it was streaky, goopy, and let me tell you, it WILL set streaky if you don't take your time.

Now I have the product and don't know what to do with it. Maybe I'll try it with a lip brush, because the long lasting claim is real. Very, very real. As in, you won't be able to fix your mistakes for 8 hours if you've left the tube at home kind of real. This stuff will not come off even if you scrub your lips with a wet paper towel in the bathroom while crying.

Plus, it smells like artificial lychee. Nasty!!!

I have a full review at my website behonestbeauty.com if you're interested, but trust me, you shouldn't be.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As much as I wanted this to work for me, because I'm not a fan of touching up my makeup, it didn't. No matter how I applied the color, I couldn't get it to look even. I tried putting on one coat, letting it set, and applying the top coat and it went on patchy. I then tried putting on one thin coat, letting it set, then applying another thin coat and it somehow managed to look even worse. I tried it with nothing on my lips and I also tried it over lip balm. Regardless of what I did, every time it would go on uneven and it would make my lips look shriveled and prune-like, even with the gloss/top coat, which isn't exactly what I want from my lip color. The only reason I gave it an extra lippie is because this does not budge, like at all. I swatched it on my hand at Sephora and later had to rub it with makeup remover like there was no tomorrow because it refused to come off. I purchased this in 18 which is a mid-tone coral shade that sets to be a few shades darker than how it appears in the tube.