Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

3.2

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product's gonna be impressive since i read bloggers talking abt this product won't budge off even after eating, making out etc. Tested it on my hands too before buying but damn it didnt budge. so i bought a couple of other liquid lippies too but i was so excited to try this one first.
-I must say i hate the smell! I dont usually complain abt this but it really sucks; smells like paint or cheap makeup.
-difficult to apply, especially to slowly line your lips using the applicator and this dries fast which makes it even harder
-it's kinda tacky and uncomfortable on the lips
-it dries out my lips! The area where i applied the product, especially along the inner lip in particular; I could see my lips dried and chapped.
-Ok let's say if I ate something during the day, the skin that is chapped will flake/peel by itself which makes my whole lips look extremely horrible. I had to apply to fill up the missing lipstick patches.
-But this product do last quite awhile. I believe it may work for some people.
-And the only thing i like is the color and how pigmented it is.

Overall this is really disappointing. Not worth my SGD43. Plus I dont see myself needing to use the gloss.

this is my very first worst review that i ever had to give. extremely disappointed and let down by this product!

i got the shade Soft pink and overall claims to be long lasting and waterproof.

the colour is ok, it is extremely pigmented, application was smooth, the shade was true to its colour, so what is the problem?

IT DOES NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE ON YOUR LIPS, AT ALL.

it feels WORSE than applying a regular colourpop matte liquid lipstick.

one swipe of the colour on your lips is good enough, it applies evenly and smooth. but the moment the colour sets on your lips, it feels extremely tacky. you cannot rub your lips against one another or else the colour will flake, your lips start to crack horribly, and it feels sticky when you even try to talk. its like that sticky feeling when you remove a scotch tape from your hand - i hated it so much. the worst problem?? all of these cons started to appear in LESS THAN AN HOUR AFTER APPLYING. and it still happens after moisturizing my lips with my HG lip balm.

i felt the gloss was a little too extra for my liking. to me the gloss can be used to amplify the size of your lips a bit and make it a bit fuller, or as a shine if you find the colour to be too matte. however when i applied the gloss after the colour sets, all it did was make it even more flakey and it applied uneven and patchy. i legit looked like a hot mess.

i don't have chapped lips, and i always moisturize before applying matte lipstick but this was the worst lip product i have tried.

i hated it. i had to give it away.

i honestly don't know how this product could even sell. i have tried every single way to make it work but the results were futile. trust me, even my colourpop ultra matte lipstick has never given me this shitty results on my lips even though the formula is drying - but it has never gotten to a point where i was forced to remove the lipstick in less than an hour.

i would never recommend this as this was priced at $40 at my local sephora store. what a waste of money.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've always wanted to get aqua rouge but hesitated because of the price. I was feeling spendy one day and decided to give it a go. I feel like I just burned my money. It's so hard to apply this product. You have 30 seconds before it dries up. I used the applicator given and you need to control the application particularly around the edges of the lips or else it will end up looking harsh. Sometimes I feel like reapplying after the first coat has dried but it will overdry my lips. You need to use the gloss cos by now the drying effect will get into every line of your lip (I'm still in my twenties and my lips look so aged!). However, the gloss is so shiny and it's not the kind of look that I was going for. I would say that it's budge proof but inner lips will fade after 5 hrs unless you don't talk. And it's so weird cos you're left with product on the outer lip and naked inner lips. Ewww. If I want to cover that, I would have to reapply and it will end up looking like a mess. Another alt is to bring a water makeup remover and reapply but who bothers to bring. I was majorly disappointed with this product. Right now I'm just using it as a base and apply other lip creme products on top. That's all it's staying power is good for.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I bought this blindly after hearing some good and bad reviews in internet. I didn't know why but I was really keen to have one, since it is a liquid lipstick and it will turn into matte finish with promise to stay all day long. Apparently, it does. I applied this in the morning and the color stays until after lunch. I pick #4 Chesnut and this has been my signature color since first time I applied. It is nude color with deep brownish base, and for me it becomes my MLBS (My Lips But Sexier) color. It plumps my lips, create lip statement that no lipstick could do after decades. If wearing alone without the gloss, it is too drying but after you applied with the clear gloss, it feels fine. Just mind with the price tag, it costs US$ 24 just for 2,5mlx2 products. So damn expensive. After using it daily, It's almost empty now...just in 2 months!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have this in #10, raspberry. I think it is a decent lip stain, better than mac's and benefits and worse than hourglass.
It does not last through eating an oily meal but will last through drinks with friends.
When I go out to eat, I take it with me and only have to re-apply once, which I think is pretty good.
The color itself is very pretty on me, and I have gotten compliments when I wear it. I have also had a friend buy it after trying mine who has very similar coloring to mine.
My favorite lip stain remains hourglass, because it just lasts the longest on me and doesnt come with two parts.

I recently bought this product in #2 and I really like what it has done for me so far. For me personally, it stays on my lips for extended periods, and I only need to touch it up after 5-6 hours if I want it to still look fresh. I am not a fan of the applicator of the clear lip gloss but it isn't the worst thing in the world. I really like this color and I think it compliments my skin color really well and is almost like a pinky-nude color which I really like! FYI I am a medium skin tone.