MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Rouge

Filtered by hair type : Straight

2.4

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product's gonna be impressive since i read bloggers talking abt this product won't budge off even after eating, making out etc. Tested it on my hands too before buying but damn it didnt budge. so i bought a couple of other liquid lippies too but i was so excited to try this one first.
-I must say i hate the smell! I dont usually complain abt this but it really sucks; smells like paint or cheap makeup.
-difficult to apply, especially to slowly line your lips using the applicator and this dries fast which makes it even harder
-it's kinda tacky and uncomfortable on the lips
-it dries out my lips! The area where i applied the product, especially along the inner lip in particular; I could see my lips dried and chapped.
-Ok let's say if I ate something during the day, the skin that is chapped will flake/peel by itself which makes my whole lips look extremely horrible. I had to apply to fill up the missing lipstick patches.
-But this product do last quite awhile. I believe it may work for some people.
-And the only thing i like is the color and how pigmented it is.

Overall this is really disappointing. Not worth my SGD43. Plus I dont see myself needing to use the gloss.

this is my very first worst review that i ever had to give. extremely disappointed and let down by this product!

i got the shade Soft pink and overall claims to be long lasting and waterproof.

the colour is ok, it is extremely pigmented, application was smooth, the shade was true to its colour, so what is the problem?

IT DOES NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE ON YOUR LIPS, AT ALL.

it feels WORSE than applying a regular colourpop matte liquid lipstick.

one swipe of the colour on your lips is good enough, it applies evenly and smooth. but the moment the colour sets on your lips, it feels extremely tacky. you cannot rub your lips against one another or else the colour will flake, your lips start to crack horribly, and it feels sticky when you even try to talk. its like that sticky feeling when you remove a scotch tape from your hand - i hated it so much. the worst problem?? all of these cons started to appear in LESS THAN AN HOUR AFTER APPLYING. and it still happens after moisturizing my lips with my HG lip balm.

i felt the gloss was a little too extra for my liking. to me the gloss can be used to amplify the size of your lips a bit and make it a bit fuller, or as a shine if you find the colour to be too matte. however when i applied the gloss after the colour sets, all it did was make it even more flakey and it applied uneven and patchy. i legit looked like a hot mess.

i don't have chapped lips, and i always moisturize before applying matte lipstick but this was the worst lip product i have tried.

i hated it. i had to give it away.

i honestly don't know how this product could even sell. i have tried every single way to make it work but the results were futile. trust me, even my colourpop ultra matte lipstick has never given me this shitty results on my lips even though the formula is drying - but it has never gotten to a point where i was forced to remove the lipstick in less than an hour.

i would never recommend this as this was priced at $40 at my local sephora store. what a waste of money.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Like reviewer desertrose08 so aptly described, her experience was the exact same as mine. I purchased no. 18 and although it is a very hydrating and budge proof product and comes in so many beautiful colors, it is IMPOSSIBLE to apply evenly. On multiple occasions it was streaky, goopy, and let me tell you, it WILL set streaky if you don't take your time.

Now I have the product and don't know what to do with it. Maybe I'll try it with a lip brush, because the long lasting claim is real. Very, very real. As in, you won't be able to fix your mistakes for 8 hours if you've left the tube at home kind of real. This stuff will not come off even if you scrub your lips with a wet paper towel in the bathroom while crying.

Plus, it smells like artificial lychee. Nasty!!!

I have a full review at my website behonestbeauty.com if you're interested, but trust me, you shouldn't be.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Purchased Aqua Rouge in beige brown (#5). It's a lovely color for which I wish there was a good dupe because this product is not only expensive, it is difficult to use. It looks lovely for about ten minutes with the lipstick and clear gloss over it. But after a while, the color cakes and flakes off. It's really an unattractive look. It is non-transferable and the color is great, but I definitely wouldn't repurchase because of the price and peeling/flaking problem.

I'm the type that buys lipsticks but never actually wears them except for special events. I try to but I eventually just end up slapping on some lip gloss because I can't be bothered to keep checking my lips and reapplying throughout the day with a mirror. I also hate that I have to be careful to avoid color transfer onto my clothes, napkins, my other half and etc. I should also mention I have very dry lips and most lipsticks will dry them out.

Pros:
-Very pigmented
-long-wearing and only requires reapplication after eating
-does not transfer (it might if you've eaten something oily)
-is not drying on the lips
-you can wear it matte or glossy (but if you wear it matte it does feel a bit tight on the lips)
-you can wear it full on or blotted out

Cons:
-price is a bit high but it costs no more than other good quality lipsticks so its not really a con

I honestly don't want to wear regular lipstick ever again and I look forward to purchasing more of these in the future. Tip: You'll want to use some sort of oil or oil based cleanser to remove this product from your lips.

If you want to wear lipstick but you need something functional then this is just that.