Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.1

I bought this product from a Youtuber's review on how lasting it was (considering that it is a "waterproof" and "long-lasting" lip product). The price that comes along with it is definitely high and it gets so dry my lips develop cracks in between. During the day, the application for the inner part of my lips is gone and I have to reapply it.

The problem with the reapplication is that it gets really thick and the texture and feeling on your lips get really disgusting. The colour turnout is not the prettiest too. Do consider really hard if you would like to invest in this product.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Okay here's the deal - at first I was absolutely in love with these. You will swatch this product on your hand and it will not come off for literally like three days even with washing your hands repeatedly (use olive oil). You'll be like, "damn, this is straight blowjob-proof!" (Or not lol). You will be happy with how okay your lips feel, not super drying at all. Alas, it will be short-lived. The reason being, this stuff wears disgustingly throughout the day. I'm not talking about after eating some greasy burger or drinking alcohol in which cases NO lip product will last. I tested this stuff in numerous situations including a day where I literally didn't have time to eat for like 6 hours. All I did was talk and drink water from a straw. It wears off on the inside part of your mouth and leaves a ring on the outer part of your lips which is NOT a good look, ever. It's so sad because the actual formula lasts sooo long but because of the way it wears and how difficult it is to touch up, it's pointless. You can try it for yourself, obviously, but I have tested this product for like a month now and am still at the same conclusion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was able to get this on super sale for $4. This is a very amazing waterproof lip stain. It truly will not come off. i ate breakfast, coffee, and pizza later for lunch still on, BUT it is very drying on your lips. My lips can get very dry so I will put a gloss on top of this, but if you need something to out lasting anything, this is it. This is so drying that will take me 2 days to recover from wearing this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This review is for #15 Pink, a bright rose shade. The cream is opaque with one swipe and dries to a very tacky matte in a few seconds, so work quickly! I leave my mouth open while it dries to keep my lips from feeling glued together. I hate lip gloss and tried topping the color with all of my lip balms to avoid using the gloss, but it's the only thing that made my lips feel comfortable. I'm in love with the staying power of this product. This is the only lip cream that's worked for me so far, so I'm excited to try other colors.

Such a shame. This lipstick has one flaw that makes this totally unusable for me- it wears off in big FLAKES. And you don't feel or see it happening somehow- halfway through the day, you just look at yourself in the mirror and see big chunks of lipstick missing, while the other parts are bright and visible. Very, very bizarre looking. I couldn't in good conscience recommend this to someone, it's pretty embarrassing when you realize that you've been walking around like that for hours without noticing. Yikes.

It's disappointing because otherwise this is a gorgeous shade. I have this in 19 Pomegranate Pink- a lovely reddish pink that is definitely more pink than red. Very flattering colour that would be pretty for day as well as evening. When I first put it on I was sure this would quickly become one of my favourite lipsticks, especially since it didn't feel *too* drying considering the longwear claims.

It pains me to say it, but give this one a miss. Make up forever usually puts out great quality stuff, but there is no possible way I can make this lipstick work for me.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This stays on. FOR.EVER. If you're going to swatch these in a shop, make sure you have some heavy duty makeup remover nearby, coz they're gonna stay on your hand for a long, long time.

This is a great waterproof lip lacquer but boy, it is a pain to apply. You need a lot of time and patience to get the application down right, You definitely need a lip brush to apply evenly, and lots of cotton swabs for quick clean ups. If you've made a mistake, clean it up immediately, coz that is going to STAIN!

Long ass lasting power, doesn't transfer, and you will only need touch ups if you're eating oily (salads with dressing?) and greasy (not a good idea to grab a burger with a red lip on)

If you're looking for a quick no-fuss red lip that you can apply in a couple of minutes then this isn't the product for you.

But it you're looking for something that will carry you through the day/night with minimum touch ups, and you have some time for proper application - this is it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As much as I wanted this to work for me, because I'm not a fan of touching up my makeup, it didn't. No matter how I applied the color, I couldn't get it to look even. I tried putting on one coat, letting it set, and applying the top coat and it went on patchy. I then tried putting on one thin coat, letting it set, then applying another thin coat and it somehow managed to look even worse. I tried it with nothing on my lips and I also tried it over lip balm. Regardless of what I did, every time it would go on uneven and it would make my lips look shriveled and prune-like, even with the gloss/top coat, which isn't exactly what I want from my lip color. The only reason I gave it an extra lippie is because this does not budge, like at all. I swatched it on my hand at Sephora and later had to rub it with makeup remover like there was no tomorrow because it refused to come off. I purchased this in 18 which is a mid-tone coral shade that sets to be a few shades darker than how it appears in the tube.

The MUA at Sephora recommended this to me when I told her I was looking for a long-lasting lipstick for a wedding. I got #18 Coral because it was a pretty colour. Then I test-drove this to go to an outdoor festival (lots of beer, lots of fried greasy food!) 7 hours later, I could see some parts have smudged off, but it's about 70% there, so I think that's pretty impressive. I could've probably made it last all night if I had retouched it after eating. So overall I'm quite pleased with this & it'll be my to-go lip product for long events.

I own this in #8 Iconic Red. I am obsessed with red lips, and have nearly impossibly high standards. It needs to be kiss-proof and non-drying, and after trying loads of both drug store and high end products, this is the one to beat. I look like I'm straight out of a pin-up picture, and can even kiss without worry of transfer. This holds up well during meal time, too. You might need to reapply just slightly at the inner rim of your mouth but other than that this stuff serious does. not. budge. all. day. Makeup remover is the only way I can get this stuff off.The color is the classic red- pretty neutral but leans perhaps a bit warm (its not a true blue based red in my opinion). The product is very creamy and easy to apply with the small doe-foot applicator. I layer a thin coat on my lips and let them dry completely while parted. The clear gloss that comes with it is not a sealant like a lot of other liquid lipsticks, nor does it break down the lipstick. This means you can wear this matte by just applying the liquid lipstick or layer the gloss over top for some shine or if your lips start to feel a bit dehydrated. I don't personally find this product overly drying, and I can wear this matte for a few hours without the dryness bothering me. When I feel a little dry, I just apply a small amount of gloss for more of a satin finish and I'm good as new. My only gripes with this product are that the shade selection is limited and the high price point. But for me, it is well worth the money.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Purchased Aqua Rouge in beige brown (#5). It's a lovely color for which I wish there was a good dupe because this product is not only expensive, it is difficult to use. It looks lovely for about ten minutes with the lipstick and clear gloss over it. But after a while, the color cakes and flakes off. It's really an unattractive look. It is non-transferable and the color is great, but I definitely wouldn't repurchase because of the price and peeling/flaking problem.