Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

2.5

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've always wanted to get aqua rouge but hesitated because of the price. I was feeling spendy one day and decided to give it a go. I feel like I just burned my money. It's so hard to apply this product. You have 30 seconds before it dries up. I used the applicator given and you need to control the application particularly around the edges of the lips or else it will end up looking harsh. Sometimes I feel like reapplying after the first coat has dried but it will overdry my lips. You need to use the gloss cos by now the drying effect will get into every line of your lip (I'm still in my twenties and my lips look so aged!). However, the gloss is so shiny and it's not the kind of look that I was going for. I would say that it's budge proof but inner lips will fade after 5 hrs unless you don't talk. And it's so weird cos you're left with product on the outer lip and naked inner lips. Ewww. If I want to cover that, I would have to reapply and it will end up looking like a mess. Another alt is to bring a water makeup remover and reapply but who bothers to bring. I was majorly disappointed with this product. Right now I'm just using it as a base and apply other lip creme products on top. That's all it's staying power is good for.

My shade: #15 pink

PROS:
* Longest lasting lip product I have ever used.
* Nice colour; very opaque and pigmented.
* The gloss is great.

CONS:
* Thick, 'goopy' texture makes it difficult to apply a smooth, even layer on the lips.
* Dries out lips. My lips are on the dry side to begin with, but they feel quite uncomfortable once I've applied this.The gloss does help, but needs to be reapplied often since it wears out much faster than the colour.
* Expensive. I paid AUD $30 (+ shipping) with a pro MUA discount from Media Makeup Store.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As much as I wanted this to work for me, because I'm not a fan of touching up my makeup, it didn't. No matter how I applied the color, I couldn't get it to look even. I tried putting on one coat, letting it set, and applying the top coat and it went on patchy. I then tried putting on one thin coat, letting it set, then applying another thin coat and it somehow managed to look even worse. I tried it with nothing on my lips and I also tried it over lip balm. Regardless of what I did, every time it would go on uneven and it would make my lips look shriveled and prune-like, even with the gloss/top coat, which isn't exactly what I want from my lip color. The only reason I gave it an extra lippie is because this does not budge, like at all. I swatched it on my hand at Sephora and later had to rub it with makeup remover like there was no tomorrow because it refused to come off. I purchased this in 18 which is a mid-tone coral shade that sets to be a few shades darker than how it appears in the tube.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Okay...I have tried this lipstick/stain in 4 shades, with varying success. These are new lipsticks from MUFE with the lipstick on one side, the gloss on the other. I could definitely see running out of gloss and I don't see that they sell it separately. Bummer.

My first 2 were #1 and #8. #1 is this brownish mauve I don't know what kind of color, but it gave me that corpse-y look and it wore off really fast, not even leaving a stain. Back it went, exchanged for #2. Number 2 is a darker #1. On me it has a pinkish hue to it and I almost like it. It was just too dark! Blah! It was just too much. So I exchanged that for #15, which is pink. The color is okay, nothing to write home about, and I can't seem to keep it off my teeth! I have worn it 3 times, once mixed with #8 for a fuschia color and it still ended up on my teeth...no bueno. I think I will be returning this one as well, which sucks because it's so promising, these colors just don't work for me.

Now, on to #8 which is RED RED. I've been wanting to wear red for ages, so I thought I'd grab this one because it is supposed to be universally flattering. I think it looks really good. My huband says it's okay, but he more of a fan of gloss, as am I usually. I think the opaqueness is too much for him. I like it though!

If my local Sephora gets the baby pink, I will give that a try, otherwise, I am done trying these. I do love the red though, give it a try!

Overall, I'd give #1 2 lippies, #2 3 lippies, #15 1 lippie, and #8 4 lippies, so overall 3 lippies.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Meh. I've worn other long-lasting lip products, but something about the applicator was wonky. No matter how much I tried, I could not get an even lip line. The color definitely does not survive the eating test -- any oil and it's gone, faster than the drugstore versions of this. And the clear gloss? Ridiculous -- as another reviewer said, after 10 minutes it's gone. I prefer just a lip balm, not some goopy liquid that you apply with a tiny brush.

I am a professional makeup artist so I am very critical of almost all makeup products I use because I have to be.

I personally am getting married in a few months in Mexico and I heard around that MUFE aqua rouge was nearly 24hr lip wear with one application. So of course I swiped out my %40 off card with them and got the whole set! I was super excited to try everything out. I choose the gorgeous berry color for my wedding day but I wanted to really test the wear and see if it was what people said it was.

I applied the color let it dry about a minute and then put the clear coat on, which was surprisingly non-sticky, thank god! I went out for wine and pizza with my friends, I also kissed my hand to test if it would transfer.

The color did not transfer onto my hand or glass thoughout the night. However, when I got into the car and looked in the mirror almost all of the color had worn off. So it did fail the eating test. I think this is an extremely long wearing product and it is by all means better than most I have come across but if you are planning on eating/drinking and making out throughout the night you will have to re apply atleast once! Not bad though I think!