MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Rouge

Filtered by skin type : Dry

1.3

I bought this product from a Youtuber's review on how lasting it was (considering that it is a "waterproof" and "long-lasting" lip product). The price that comes along with it is definitely high and it gets so dry my lips develop cracks in between. During the day, the application for the inner part of my lips is gone and I have to reapply it.

The problem with the reapplication is that it gets really thick and the texture and feeling on your lips get really disgusting. The colour turnout is not the prettiest too. Do consider really hard if you would like to invest in this product.

I have worn long wearing lip products before but not the kind where you have to apply color first and gloss after. I found this at huge discount at TJ Maxx of all places, with lipliner and gloss set. I was like "awesome"
well, lipliner and gloss were fine but not this mess of lipstick.
color I had was dark red. So I apply it, wait and apply clear gloss over it. My lips still feel like they are dried up and covered in glue. I decided to give it a fair shot for the day and after lunch I still had on most of it except in the inside of my lips it all but disappeared and its very inconvenient to reapply because it starts balling up and caking up. And believe me, you will not get it off by just wiping it off. Oh no. by 2 pm I wanted it off my lips and bad. I made a beeline for Sephora and asked them if they have something I can take off this crap with. Girl had to find oil based remover cause trust me, nothing else will do.
This stuff is NASTY.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Purchased Aqua Rouge in beige brown (#5). It's a lovely color for which I wish there was a good dupe because this product is not only expensive, it is difficult to use. It looks lovely for about ten minutes with the lipstick and clear gloss over it. But after a while, the color cakes and flakes off. It's really an unattractive look. It is non-transferable and the color is great, but I definitely wouldn't repurchase because of the price and peeling/flaking problem.