MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Rouge

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.0

1 review

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I think that this product is distinctly average. I own the colour #20 'Baby Pink', and you really need to go over your lips 3-4 times, building up the colour to get it to maximum opacity - one swipe and you just about get a hint of colour. Once built up, the colour is a bright, bordering on fluorescent pink. As it dries, it feels tacky on the lips, and if you want to add another swipe of colour, you need to work very fast as it dries quickly. It looks super-matte once it's dry, which is why the gloss is a necessity. It goes without saying that your lips need to be in excellent condition before you even think about applying the Aqua Rouge to them - I apply lip balm, wait, then add 'Prep + Prime Lip', wait then apply Aqua Rouge. The gloss is actually pretty great, not too sticky, or heavy feeling which I hate. It feels comfortable to wear and adds some much needed shine to the colour. Quite honestly, I think that Aqua Rouge is no different to any matte lipstick - if you eat or drink with this on, it will come off, and will flake as it does so - leaving your lips looking crusty and blotchy. For the price, I'd rather buy one of Lime Crime's 'Velvetines' or one of MAC's matte lipsticks. I still have my eye on shade #8 'Iconic Red', but I definitely won't repurchase this colour.