MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Rouge

3.1

I bought this product from a Youtuber's review on how lasting it was (considering that it is a "waterproof" and "long-lasting" lip product). The price that comes along with it is definitely high and it gets so dry my lips develop cracks in between. During the day, the application for the inner part of my lips is gone and I have to reapply it.

The problem with the reapplication is that it gets really thick and the texture and feeling on your lips get really disgusting. The colour turnout is not the prettiest too. Do consider really hard if you would like to invest in this product.

this is my very first worst review that i ever had to give. extremely disappointed and let down by this product!

i got the shade Soft pink and overall claims to be long lasting and waterproof.

the colour is ok, it is extremely pigmented, application was smooth, the shade was true to its colour, so what is the problem?

IT DOES NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE ON YOUR LIPS, AT ALL.

it feels WORSE than applying a regular colourpop matte liquid lipstick.

one swipe of the colour on your lips is good enough, it applies evenly and smooth. but the moment the colour sets on your lips, it feels extremely tacky. you cannot rub your lips against one another or else the colour will flake, your lips start to crack horribly, and it feels sticky when you even try to talk. its like that sticky feeling when you remove a scotch tape from your hand - i hated it so much. the worst problem?? all of these cons started to appear in LESS THAN AN HOUR AFTER APPLYING. and it still happens after moisturizing my lips with my HG lip balm.

i felt the gloss was a little too extra for my liking. to me the gloss can be used to amplify the size of your lips a bit and make it a bit fuller, or as a shine if you find the colour to be too matte. however when i applied the gloss after the colour sets, all it did was make it even more flakey and it applied uneven and patchy. i legit looked like a hot mess.

i don't have chapped lips, and i always moisturize before applying matte lipstick but this was the worst lip product i have tried.

i hated it. i had to give it away.

i honestly don't know how this product could even sell. i have tried every single way to make it work but the results were futile. trust me, even my colourpop ultra matte lipstick has never given me this shitty results on my lips even though the formula is drying - but it has never gotten to a point where i was forced to remove the lipstick in less than an hour.

i would never recommend this as this was priced at $40 at my local sephora store. what a waste of money.

I have worn long wearing lip products before but not the kind where you have to apply color first and gloss after. I found this at huge discount at TJ Maxx of all places, with lipliner and gloss set. I was like "awesome"
well, lipliner and gloss were fine but not this mess of lipstick.
color I had was dark red. So I apply it, wait and apply clear gloss over it. My lips still feel like they are dried up and covered in glue. I decided to give it a fair shot for the day and after lunch I still had on most of it except in the inside of my lips it all but disappeared and its very inconvenient to reapply because it starts balling up and caking up. And believe me, you will not get it off by just wiping it off. Oh no. by 2 pm I wanted it off my lips and bad. I made a beeline for Sephora and asked them if they have something I can take off this crap with. Girl had to find oil based remover cause trust me, nothing else will do.
This stuff is NASTY.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

So I got this in the color 18 and noooooo. This is crap. It's a coral shade but it just looks nasty on my lips. It does not go on evenly and it leaves residue of lipstick. It just looks gross.. I washed it off and took the rest off with oil makeup remover! Sorry try again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Meh. I've worn other long-lasting lip products, but something about the applicator was wonky. No matter how much I tried, I could not get an even lip line. The color definitely does not survive the eating test -- any oil and it's gone, faster than the drugstore versions of this. And the clear gloss? Ridiculous -- as another reviewer said, after 10 minutes it's gone. I prefer just a lip balm, not some goopy liquid that you apply with a tiny brush.

I returned this product yesterday after trying it a few times and every single time, within an hour or sometimes even less it would start to extremely flake off or just melt off almost. It is supposed to be long lasting or even stain like and I found it was neither of these things. It did not stain my lips and definitely was not long lasting. It also applied very unevenly using the provided applicator and 2 other lip brushes. I just cannot find a way to make this work, and this was all done without eating or drinking anything, so just me going about my business and it would start to come off. I was actually completely put off by this since it is by make up for ever and I do love this brand. To me this product was just a flop. The color was amazing on the other hand though, very intense and very true to what was in the tube. If wanted something to come off like this I could have just spent less money and bought something from the drugstore.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product's gonna be impressive since i read bloggers talking abt this product won't budge off even after eating, making out etc. Tested it on my hands too before buying but damn it didnt budge. so i bought a couple of other liquid lippies too but i was so excited to try this one first.
-I must say i hate the smell! I dont usually complain abt this but it really sucks; smells like paint or cheap makeup.
-difficult to apply, especially to slowly line your lips using the applicator and this dries fast which makes it even harder
-it's kinda tacky and uncomfortable on the lips
-it dries out my lips! The area where i applied the product, especially along the inner lip in particular; I could see my lips dried and chapped.
-Ok let's say if I ate something during the day, the skin that is chapped will flake/peel by itself which makes my whole lips look extremely horrible. I had to apply to fill up the missing lipstick patches.
-But this product do last quite awhile. I believe it may work for some people.
-And the only thing i like is the color and how pigmented it is.

Overall this is really disappointing. Not worth my SGD43. Plus I dont see myself needing to use the gloss.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've always wanted to get aqua rouge but hesitated because of the price. I was feeling spendy one day and decided to give it a go. I feel like I just burned my money. It's so hard to apply this product. You have 30 seconds before it dries up. I used the applicator given and you need to control the application particularly around the edges of the lips or else it will end up looking harsh. Sometimes I feel like reapplying after the first coat has dried but it will overdry my lips. You need to use the gloss cos by now the drying effect will get into every line of your lip (I'm still in my twenties and my lips look so aged!). However, the gloss is so shiny and it's not the kind of look that I was going for. I would say that it's budge proof but inner lips will fade after 5 hrs unless you don't talk. And it's so weird cos you're left with product on the outer lip and naked inner lips. Ewww. If I want to cover that, I would have to reapply and it will end up looking like a mess. Another alt is to bring a water makeup remover and reapply but who bothers to bring. I was majorly disappointed with this product. Right now I'm just using it as a base and apply other lip creme products on top. That's all it's staying power is good for.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Okay here's the deal - at first I was absolutely in love with these. You will swatch this product on your hand and it will not come off for literally like three days even with washing your hands repeatedly (use olive oil). You'll be like, "damn, this is straight blowjob-proof!" (Or not lol). You will be happy with how okay your lips feel, not super drying at all. Alas, it will be short-lived. The reason being, this stuff wears disgustingly throughout the day. I'm not talking about after eating some greasy burger or drinking alcohol in which cases NO lip product will last. I tested this stuff in numerous situations including a day where I literally didn't have time to eat for like 6 hours. All I did was talk and drink water from a straw. It wears off on the inside part of your mouth and leaves a ring on the outer part of your lips which is NOT a good look, ever. It's so sad because the actual formula lasts sooo long but because of the way it wears and how difficult it is to touch up, it's pointless. You can try it for yourself, obviously, but I have tested this product for like a month now and am still at the same conclusion.

Such a shame. This lipstick has one flaw that makes this totally unusable for me- it wears off in big FLAKES. And you don't feel or see it happening somehow- halfway through the day, you just look at yourself in the mirror and see big chunks of lipstick missing, while the other parts are bright and visible. Very, very bizarre looking. I couldn't in good conscience recommend this to someone, it's pretty embarrassing when you realize that you've been walking around like that for hours without noticing. Yikes.

It's disappointing because otherwise this is a gorgeous shade. I have this in 19 Pomegranate Pink- a lovely reddish pink that is definitely more pink than red. Very flattering colour that would be pretty for day as well as evening. When I first put it on I was sure this would quickly become one of my favourite lipsticks, especially since it didn't feel *too* drying considering the longwear claims.

It pains me to say it, but give this one a miss. Make up forever usually puts out great quality stuff, but there is no possible way I can make this lipstick work for me.