MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Rouge

3.1

I'm the type that buys lipsticks but never actually wears them except for special events. I try to but I eventually just end up slapping on some lip gloss because I can't be bothered to keep checking my lips and reapplying throughout the day with a mirror. I also hate that I have to be careful to avoid color transfer onto my clothes, napkins, my other half and etc. I should also mention I have very dry lips and most lipsticks will dry them out.

Pros:
-Very pigmented
-long-wearing and only requires reapplication after eating
-does not transfer (it might if you've eaten something oily)
-is not drying on the lips
-you can wear it matte or glossy (but if you wear it matte it does feel a bit tight on the lips)
-you can wear it full on or blotted out

Cons:
-price is a bit high but it costs no more than other good quality lipsticks so its not really a con

I honestly don't want to wear regular lipstick ever again and I look forward to purchasing more of these in the future. Tip: You'll want to use some sort of oil or oil based cleanser to remove this product from your lips.

If you want to wear lipstick but you need something functional then this is just that.

I returned this product yesterday after trying it a few times and every single time, within an hour or sometimes even less it would start to extremely flake off or just melt off almost. It is supposed to be long lasting or even stain like and I found it was neither of these things. It did not stain my lips and definitely was not long lasting. It also applied very unevenly using the provided applicator and 2 other lip brushes. I just cannot find a way to make this work, and this was all done without eating or drinking anything, so just me going about my business and it would start to come off. I was actually completely put off by this since it is by make up for ever and I do love this brand. To me this product was just a flop. The color was amazing on the other hand though, very intense and very true to what was in the tube. If wanted something to come off like this I could have just spent less money and bought something from the drugstore.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Purchased Aqua Rouge in beige brown (#5). It's a lovely color for which I wish there was a good dupe because this product is not only expensive, it is difficult to use. It looks lovely for about ten minutes with the lipstick and clear gloss over it. But after a while, the color cakes and flakes off. It's really an unattractive look. It is non-transferable and the color is great, but I definitely wouldn't repurchase because of the price and peeling/flaking problem.

I recently bought this product in #2 and I really like what it has done for me so far. For me personally, it stays on my lips for extended periods, and I only need to touch it up after 5-6 hours if I want it to still look fresh. I am not a fan of the applicator of the clear lip gloss but it isn't the worst thing in the world. I really like this color and I think it compliments my skin color really well and is almost like a pinky-nude color which I really like! FYI I am a medium skin tone.

I am a professional makeup artist so I am very critical of almost all makeup products I use because I have to be.

I personally am getting married in a few months in Mexico and I heard around that MUFE aqua rouge was nearly 24hr lip wear with one application. So of course I swiped out my %40 off card with them and got the whole set! I was super excited to try everything out. I choose the gorgeous berry color for my wedding day but I wanted to really test the wear and see if it was what people said it was.

I applied the color let it dry about a minute and then put the clear coat on, which was surprisingly non-sticky, thank god! I went out for wine and pizza with my friends, I also kissed my hand to test if it would transfer.

The color did not transfer onto my hand or glass thoughout the night. However, when I got into the car and looked in the mirror almost all of the color had worn off. So it did fail the eating test. I think this is an extremely long wearing product and it is by all means better than most I have come across but if you are planning on eating/drinking and making out throughout the night you will have to re apply atleast once! Not bad though I think!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Meh. I've worn other long-lasting lip products, but something about the applicator was wonky. No matter how much I tried, I could not get an even lip line. The color definitely does not survive the eating test -- any oil and it's gone, faster than the drugstore versions of this. And the clear gloss? Ridiculous -- as another reviewer said, after 10 minutes it's gone. I prefer just a lip balm, not some goopy liquid that you apply with a tiny brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have this in #10, raspberry. I think it is a decent lip stain, better than mac's and benefits and worse than hourglass.
It does not last through eating an oily meal but will last through drinks with friends.
When I go out to eat, I take it with me and only have to re-apply once, which I think is pretty good.
The color itself is very pretty on me, and I have gotten compliments when I wear it. I have also had a friend buy it after trying mine who has very similar coloring to mine.
My favorite lip stain remains hourglass, because it just lasts the longest on me and doesnt come with two parts.

I own this in #8 Iconic Red. I am obsessed with red lips, and have nearly impossibly high standards. It needs to be kiss-proof and non-drying, and after trying loads of both drug store and high end products, this is the one to beat. I look like I'm straight out of a pin-up picture, and can even kiss without worry of transfer. This holds up well during meal time, too. You might need to reapply just slightly at the inner rim of your mouth but other than that this stuff serious does. not. budge. all. day. Makeup remover is the only way I can get this stuff off.The color is the classic red- pretty neutral but leans perhaps a bit warm (its not a true blue based red in my opinion). The product is very creamy and easy to apply with the small doe-foot applicator. I layer a thin coat on my lips and let them dry completely while parted. The clear gloss that comes with it is not a sealant like a lot of other liquid lipsticks, nor does it break down the lipstick. This means you can wear this matte by just applying the liquid lipstick or layer the gloss over top for some shine or if your lips start to feel a bit dehydrated. I don't personally find this product overly drying, and I can wear this matte for a few hours without the dryness bothering me. When I feel a little dry, I just apply a small amount of gloss for more of a satin finish and I'm good as new. My only gripes with this product are that the shade selection is limited and the high price point. But for me, it is well worth the money.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Okay...I have tried this lipstick/stain in 4 shades, with varying success. These are new lipsticks from MUFE with the lipstick on one side, the gloss on the other. I could definitely see running out of gloss and I don't see that they sell it separately. Bummer.

My first 2 were #1 and #8. #1 is this brownish mauve I don't know what kind of color, but it gave me that corpse-y look and it wore off really fast, not even leaving a stain. Back it went, exchanged for #2. Number 2 is a darker #1. On me it has a pinkish hue to it and I almost like it. It was just too dark! Blah! It was just too much. So I exchanged that for #15, which is pink. The color is okay, nothing to write home about, and I can't seem to keep it off my teeth! I have worn it 3 times, once mixed with #8 for a fuschia color and it still ended up on my teeth...no bueno. I think I will be returning this one as well, which sucks because it's so promising, these colors just don't work for me.

Now, on to #8 which is RED RED. I've been wanting to wear red for ages, so I thought I'd grab this one because it is supposed to be universally flattering. I think it looks really good. My huband says it's okay, but he more of a fan of gloss, as am I usually. I think the opaqueness is too much for him. I like it though!

If my local Sephora gets the baby pink, I will give that a try, otherwise, I am done trying these. I do love the red though, give it a try!

Overall, I'd give #1 2 lippies, #2 3 lippies, #15 1 lippie, and #8 4 lippies, so overall 3 lippies.

The MUA at Sephora recommended this to me when I told her I was looking for a long-lasting lipstick for a wedding. I got #18 Coral because it was a pretty colour. Then I test-drove this to go to an outdoor festival (lots of beer, lots of fried greasy food!) 7 hours later, I could see some parts have smudged off, but it's about 70% there, so I think that's pretty impressive. I could've probably made it last all night if I had retouched it after eating. So overall I'm quite pleased with this & it'll be my to-go lip product for long events.