Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge

3.1

I bought this product from a Youtuber's review on how lasting it was (considering that it is a "waterproof" and "long-lasting" lip product). The price that comes along with it is definitely high and it gets so dry my lips develop cracks in between. During the day, the application for the inner part of my lips is gone and I have to reapply it.

The problem with the reapplication is that it gets really thick and the texture and feeling on your lips get really disgusting. The colour turnout is not the prettiest too. Do consider really hard if you would like to invest in this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product's gonna be impressive since i read bloggers talking abt this product won't budge off even after eating, making out etc. Tested it on my hands too before buying but damn it didnt budge. so i bought a couple of other liquid lippies too but i was so excited to try this one first.
-I must say i hate the smell! I dont usually complain abt this but it really sucks; smells like paint or cheap makeup.
-difficult to apply, especially to slowly line your lips using the applicator and this dries fast which makes it even harder
-it's kinda tacky and uncomfortable on the lips
-it dries out my lips! The area where i applied the product, especially along the inner lip in particular; I could see my lips dried and chapped.
-Ok let's say if I ate something during the day, the skin that is chapped will flake/peel by itself which makes my whole lips look extremely horrible. I had to apply to fill up the missing lipstick patches.
-But this product do last quite awhile. I believe it may work for some people.
-And the only thing i like is the color and how pigmented it is.

Overall this is really disappointing. Not worth my SGD43. Plus I dont see myself needing to use the gloss.

this is my very first worst review that i ever had to give. extremely disappointed and let down by this product!

i got the shade Soft pink and overall claims to be long lasting and waterproof.

the colour is ok, it is extremely pigmented, application was smooth, the shade was true to its colour, so what is the problem?

IT DOES NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE ON YOUR LIPS, AT ALL.

it feels WORSE than applying a regular colourpop matte liquid lipstick.

one swipe of the colour on your lips is good enough, it applies evenly and smooth. but the moment the colour sets on your lips, it feels extremely tacky. you cannot rub your lips against one another or else the colour will flake, your lips start to crack horribly, and it feels sticky when you even try to talk. its like that sticky feeling when you remove a scotch tape from your hand - i hated it so much. the worst problem?? all of these cons started to appear in LESS THAN AN HOUR AFTER APPLYING. and it still happens after moisturizing my lips with my HG lip balm.

i felt the gloss was a little too extra for my liking. to me the gloss can be used to amplify the size of your lips a bit and make it a bit fuller, or as a shine if you find the colour to be too matte. however when i applied the gloss after the colour sets, all it did was make it even more flakey and it applied uneven and patchy. i legit looked like a hot mess.

i don't have chapped lips, and i always moisturize before applying matte lipstick but this was the worst lip product i have tried.

i hated it. i had to give it away.

i honestly don't know how this product could even sell. i have tried every single way to make it work but the results were futile. trust me, even my colourpop ultra matte lipstick has never given me this shitty results on my lips even though the formula is drying - but it has never gotten to a point where i was forced to remove the lipstick in less than an hour.

i would never recommend this as this was priced at $40 at my local sephora store. what a waste of money.

I have worn long wearing lip products before but not the kind where you have to apply color first and gloss after. I found this at huge discount at TJ Maxx of all places, with lipliner and gloss set. I was like "awesome"
well, lipliner and gloss were fine but not this mess of lipstick.
color I had was dark red. So I apply it, wait and apply clear gloss over it. My lips still feel like they are dried up and covered in glue. I decided to give it a fair shot for the day and after lunch I still had on most of it except in the inside of my lips it all but disappeared and its very inconvenient to reapply because it starts balling up and caking up. And believe me, you will not get it off by just wiping it off. Oh no. by 2 pm I wanted it off my lips and bad. I made a beeline for Sephora and asked them if they have something I can take off this crap with. Girl had to find oil based remover cause trust me, nothing else will do.
This stuff is NASTY.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've always wanted to get aqua rouge but hesitated because of the price. I was feeling spendy one day and decided to give it a go. I feel like I just burned my money. It's so hard to apply this product. You have 30 seconds before it dries up. I used the applicator given and you need to control the application particularly around the edges of the lips or else it will end up looking harsh. Sometimes I feel like reapplying after the first coat has dried but it will overdry my lips. You need to use the gloss cos by now the drying effect will get into every line of your lip (I'm still in my twenties and my lips look so aged!). However, the gloss is so shiny and it's not the kind of look that I was going for. I would say that it's budge proof but inner lips will fade after 5 hrs unless you don't talk. And it's so weird cos you're left with product on the outer lip and naked inner lips. Ewww. If I want to cover that, I would have to reapply and it will end up looking like a mess. Another alt is to bring a water makeup remover and reapply but who bothers to bring. I was majorly disappointed with this product. Right now I'm just using it as a base and apply other lip creme products on top. That's all it's staying power is good for.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Okay here's the deal - at first I was absolutely in love with these. You will swatch this product on your hand and it will not come off for literally like three days even with washing your hands repeatedly (use olive oil). You'll be like, "damn, this is straight blowjob-proof!" (Or not lol). You will be happy with how okay your lips feel, not super drying at all. Alas, it will be short-lived. The reason being, this stuff wears disgustingly throughout the day. I'm not talking about after eating some greasy burger or drinking alcohol in which cases NO lip product will last. I tested this stuff in numerous situations including a day where I literally didn't have time to eat for like 6 hours. All I did was talk and drink water from a straw. It wears off on the inside part of your mouth and leaves a ring on the outer part of your lips which is NOT a good look, ever. It's so sad because the actual formula lasts sooo long but because of the way it wears and how difficult it is to touch up, it's pointless. You can try it for yourself, obviously, but I have tested this product for like a month now and am still at the same conclusion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was able to get this on super sale for $4. This is a very amazing waterproof lip stain. It truly will not come off. i ate breakfast, coffee, and pizza later for lunch still on, BUT it is very drying on your lips. My lips can get very dry so I will put a gloss on top of this, but if you need something to out lasting anything, this is it. This is so drying that will take me 2 days to recover from wearing this.

I got this to wear for my wedding because it was the truest red color (#8) I could find in a completely waterproof lip. I went to Sephora and told them what I wanted and they seemed really baffled and confused, until one of their senior members suggested this lip stain. It is kind of drying, but I expected that, so not really any complaints there. It stayed on all day and night at my wedding and I only had to reapply after dinner. It worked like a charm! I prefer more moisturizing lipsticks for every day wear (which is why I said I probably wouldn't buy it again), but for a special occasion where you want your lipstick to stay put completely, this stuff was great!

My shade: #15 pink

PROS:
* Longest lasting lip product I have ever used.
* Nice colour; very opaque and pigmented.
* The gloss is great.

CONS:
* Thick, 'goopy' texture makes it difficult to apply a smooth, even layer on the lips.
* Dries out lips. My lips are on the dry side to begin with, but they feel quite uncomfortable once I've applied this.The gloss does help, but needs to be reapplied often since it wears out much faster than the colour.
* Expensive. I paid AUD $30 (+ shipping) with a pro MUA discount from Media Makeup Store.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lipstain! I have '10' which is a dark fuschia berry and I love it! It lasts all day and night! The only thing if you want to remove it try coconut or olive oil to speed up the process because it goes off quick from oil. Note if you're planning on eating ribs or anything greasy it would rub off but there should be colour on your lips!

Popular Lips Products