Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.5

The MUA at Sephora recommended this to me when I told her I was looking for a long-lasting lipstick for a wedding. I got #18 Coral because it was a pretty colour. Then I test-drove this to go to an outdoor festival (lots of beer, lots of fried greasy food!) 7 hours later, I could see some parts have smudged off, but it's about 70% there, so I think that's pretty impressive. I could've probably made it last all night if I had retouched it after eating. So overall I'm quite pleased with this & it'll be my to-go lip product for long events.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Okay...I have tried this lipstick/stain in 4 shades, with varying success. These are new lipsticks from MUFE with the lipstick on one side, the gloss on the other. I could definitely see running out of gloss and I don't see that they sell it separately. Bummer.

My first 2 were #1 and #8. #1 is this brownish mauve I don't know what kind of color, but it gave me that corpse-y look and it wore off really fast, not even leaving a stain. Back it went, exchanged for #2. Number 2 is a darker #1. On me it has a pinkish hue to it and I almost like it. It was just too dark! Blah! It was just too much. So I exchanged that for #15, which is pink. The color is okay, nothing to write home about, and I can't seem to keep it off my teeth! I have worn it 3 times, once mixed with #8 for a fuschia color and it still ended up on my teeth...no bueno. I think I will be returning this one as well, which sucks because it's so promising, these colors just don't work for me.

Now, on to #8 which is RED RED. I've been wanting to wear red for ages, so I thought I'd grab this one because it is supposed to be universally flattering. I think it looks really good. My huband says it's okay, but he more of a fan of gloss, as am I usually. I think the opaqueness is too much for him. I like it though!

If my local Sephora gets the baby pink, I will give that a try, otherwise, I am done trying these. I do love the red though, give it a try!

Overall, I'd give #1 2 lippies, #2 3 lippies, #15 1 lippie, and #8 4 lippies, so overall 3 lippies.