Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've always wanted to get aqua rouge but hesitated because of the price. I was feeling spendy one day and decided to give it a go. I feel like I just burned my money. It's so hard to apply this product. You have 30 seconds before it dries up. I used the applicator given and you need to control the application particularly around the edges of the lips or else it will end up looking harsh. Sometimes I feel like reapplying after the first coat has dried but it will overdry my lips. You need to use the gloss cos by now the drying effect will get into every line of your lip (I'm still in my twenties and my lips look so aged!). However, the gloss is so shiny and it's not the kind of look that I was going for. I would say that it's budge proof but inner lips will fade after 5 hrs unless you don't talk. And it's so weird cos you're left with product on the outer lip and naked inner lips. Ewww. If I want to cover that, I would have to reapply and it will end up looking like a mess. Another alt is to bring a water makeup remover and reapply but who bothers to bring. I was majorly disappointed with this product. Right now I'm just using it as a base and apply other lip creme products on top. That's all it's staying power is good for.

I got this to wear for my wedding because it was the truest red color (#8) I could find in a completely waterproof lip. I went to Sephora and told them what I wanted and they seemed really baffled and confused, until one of their senior members suggested this lip stain. It is kind of drying, but I expected that, so not really any complaints there. It stayed on all day and night at my wedding and I only had to reapply after dinner. It worked like a charm! I prefer more moisturizing lipsticks for every day wear (which is why I said I probably wouldn't buy it again), but for a special occasion where you want your lipstick to stay put completely, this stuff was great!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I bought this blindly after hearing some good and bad reviews in internet. I didn't know why but I was really keen to have one, since it is a liquid lipstick and it will turn into matte finish with promise to stay all day long. Apparently, it does. I applied this in the morning and the color stays until after lunch. I pick #4 Chesnut and this has been my signature color since first time I applied. It is nude color with deep brownish base, and for me it becomes my MLBS (My Lips But Sexier) color. It plumps my lips, create lip statement that no lipstick could do after decades. If wearing alone without the gloss, it is too drying but after you applied with the clear gloss, it feels fine. Just mind with the price tag, it costs US$ 24 just for 2,5mlx2 products. So damn expensive. After using it daily, It's almost empty now...just in 2 months!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

So I got this in the color 18 and noooooo. This is crap. It's a coral shade but it just looks nasty on my lips. It does not go on evenly and it leaves residue of lipstick. It just looks gross.. I washed it off and took the rest off with oil makeup remover! Sorry try again!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This stays on. FOR.EVER. If you're going to swatch these in a shop, make sure you have some heavy duty makeup remover nearby, coz they're gonna stay on your hand for a long, long time.

This is a great waterproof lip lacquer but boy, it is a pain to apply. You need a lot of time and patience to get the application down right, You definitely need a lip brush to apply evenly, and lots of cotton swabs for quick clean ups. If you've made a mistake, clean it up immediately, coz that is going to STAIN!

Long ass lasting power, doesn't transfer, and you will only need touch ups if you're eating oily (salads with dressing?) and greasy (not a good idea to grab a burger with a red lip on)

If you're looking for a quick no-fuss red lip that you can apply in a couple of minutes then this isn't the product for you.

But it you're looking for something that will carry you through the day/night with minimum touch ups, and you have some time for proper application - this is it!

I own this in #8 Iconic Red. I am obsessed with red lips, and have nearly impossibly high standards. It needs to be kiss-proof and non-drying, and after trying loads of both drug store and high end products, this is the one to beat. I look like I'm straight out of a pin-up picture, and can even kiss without worry of transfer. This holds up well during meal time, too. You might need to reapply just slightly at the inner rim of your mouth but other than that this stuff serious does. not. budge. all. day. Makeup remover is the only way I can get this stuff off.The color is the classic red- pretty neutral but leans perhaps a bit warm (its not a true blue based red in my opinion). The product is very creamy and easy to apply with the small doe-foot applicator. I layer a thin coat on my lips and let them dry completely while parted. The clear gloss that comes with it is not a sealant like a lot of other liquid lipsticks, nor does it break down the lipstick. This means you can wear this matte by just applying the liquid lipstick or layer the gloss over top for some shine or if your lips start to feel a bit dehydrated. I don't personally find this product overly drying, and I can wear this matte for a few hours without the dryness bothering me. When I feel a little dry, I just apply a small amount of gloss for more of a satin finish and I'm good as new. My only gripes with this product are that the shade selection is limited and the high price point. But for me, it is well worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have this in #10, raspberry. I think it is a decent lip stain, better than mac's and benefits and worse than hourglass.
It does not last through eating an oily meal but will last through drinks with friends.
When I go out to eat, I take it with me and only have to re-apply once, which I think is pretty good.
The color itself is very pretty on me, and I have gotten compliments when I wear it. I have also had a friend buy it after trying mine who has very similar coloring to mine.
My favorite lip stain remains hourglass, because it just lasts the longest on me and doesnt come with two parts.

I'm the type that buys lipsticks but never actually wears them except for special events. I try to but I eventually just end up slapping on some lip gloss because I can't be bothered to keep checking my lips and reapplying throughout the day with a mirror. I also hate that I have to be careful to avoid color transfer onto my clothes, napkins, my other half and etc. I should also mention I have very dry lips and most lipsticks will dry them out.

Pros:
-Very pigmented
-long-wearing and only requires reapplication after eating
-does not transfer (it might if you've eaten something oily)
-is not drying on the lips
-you can wear it matte or glossy (but if you wear it matte it does feel a bit tight on the lips)
-you can wear it full on or blotted out

Cons:
-price is a bit high but it costs no more than other good quality lipsticks so its not really a con

I honestly don't want to wear regular lipstick ever again and I look forward to purchasing more of these in the future. Tip: You'll want to use some sort of oil or oil based cleanser to remove this product from your lips.

If you want to wear lipstick but you need something functional then this is just that.