Chanel Hydra Beauty Creme

Chanel Hydra Beauty Creme

3.4

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Pentylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Camellia Japonica Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Phenoxyethanol, Saccharide Isomerate, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Carbomer, Lauroyl Lysine, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Citrate, Phytic Acid, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ethylparaben, Sodium Benzoate.

on 5/8/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry cheeks, but I am rather oily in the T-zone, so I have always had a struggle to find a cream that matches these criteria. However, the Chanel Hydra Beauty Creme really does the trick for me.

The consistency is very creamy and rich, and it really hydrates my skin well. On the other hand, it never leaves my skin feeling oily, and it pulls into my skin quickly. Additionally, it preps my skin before applying foundation, so I never feel the need to use a primer.

The scent is also very nice and clean, and when applying the creme I always get this luxurious feeling like I was having a facial.

The only cons are the price and the packaging. But I experience that when I use a serum or an oil (I use Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate) before applying the creme, I don't need to use a lot of creme. The creme therefore lasts forever. The last jar I bought lasted from january until may!

This product works perfectly on my skin and I will truly recommend it.

This gave me a red itchy flakey rash :(

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/1/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

When I first used the Hydra Beauty Creme, I didn't expect any major results, and if anything, prepared my skin for the worst, thinking it would be too fragrant and too 'cheaply' made, as an add-on into a prominent fragrance company.
How I was wrong!
This moisturizer is the only one that has never broke my skin out, cause any excess oil or dryness. It has the classic Chanel skincare scent, a cooling clean smell, as if you've just stepped out the shower. It comes in the simple Chanel packaging, a pale blue tub with a black screw lid.
I would only recommend this to people with normal -> dry skin with little to no sensitivity. It is perfect for an immediate blast of hydration, but doesn't do anything long term I don't think!
The only bad point I can make it the price, which makes it quite a luxe product. I'm currently on my third tub.

It feels too tight on my skin!its just doesn't work!really disappointed!I will not be buying it again!

on 3/24/2015 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

This review is based on a sample tube from the Chanel SA. Not moisturizing enough for my mature, dry skin. My face felt tight after application. I'd say this is more for those with oily skin within the 20-30's age group. Another con is the jar packaging - not sanitary.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's a nice cream that leaves your skin feeling silky. It's not heavy or greasy (though with my oily skin, I could only use it for overnight wear). I got it as a free sample, but I am considering purchasing a full size of it.

on 10/18/2014 3:22:00 AM

I would give this 3 i guess, price wise - its pricy but the effect is really good!! If u have dry skin with red spots or itchiness i wouldnt go for it.. My skin is combination and when it was a bit oily or normal it makes my skin so velvety but when it was dry it burrrrnnnned so know your skin first.. I wouldnt buy it again because of the price and because my skin sometimes gets too dry and in that case i cant use it

on 10/4/2014 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let's start with my skin type; VERY sensitive, very dry around the cheeks, annoyingly oily in the t-zone

Pros;
- heavenly scent (Might be a con for some..)
- absorbs well and quickly into the skin
- extremely hydrating and lasts all day
- skin appears very radiant
- skin feel pampered every application (plumped and very soft)
- Summer: hydration without causing skin to be oily
Winter: hydration all day without a problem
- reduces redness significantly

Cons - can't think of any

Before discovering the Hydra Beauty range from Chanel, I've always had dry and flaky skin which was annoying when foundation was applied, a lot of redness and dull complexions occasionally.
I use this buddy with the hydra beauty serum and they work together to help my sensitive skin in every way. on the area of skin where I applied the two babies, I can clearly see the skin being more plumped (less fine lines), less redness compared to the area of skin without the 2 products. Which then creates a beautiful canvas ready for any sorta make up.
It is pricey, but it really is worth every dollar.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't know why I tried this highly fragrant monster. I should have known better. Red, itchy, burning skin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been on the search for a good mosituizer for dry skin for quite some time now. I've tried everything, you name it, but I just haven't found "the one" I am looking for something to quench my thirsty skin without a greasy feel, without breaking me out, and without making me oily throughout the day. I hate the dry, tight feeling after a shower so I bought Chanel Hydra Creme on a whim and I am actually surprised and happy with the purchase. Yes, it is a bit $$ but the smell is great (a little potent but you get used to it) and my skin seems to like it. I feel hydrated and haven't had any negative issues with it. I wear it during the day, under make-up. This is my go to moisturizer for now--because like most women, I'm never satisfied :)