SKII StemPower

SKII StemPower

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this and SK-II! I lived in Japan for a few years and really bought in (pun intended) to J-beauty and K-beauty. With very dry skin, using products from these two countries, my skin has COMPLETELY turned around. I was using .05% Retin-A for anti-aging purposes, so that on my dry skin always made it worse. I started using J and K products every other night (using Retin-A on alternate nights), and it's made my 38-year-old skin look better than some of my friends' in their 20s. But I digress.

I can't speak for anyone who does not have my skin type, but I adore this cream -- I assume they mean the Stempower Rich Cream; not sure if Stempower by itself is the American version (?). I use it as the very top layer in my Asian-inspired skincare routine, applying it directly over a hyaluronic acid serum. It's truly amazing and seals in the HA and all the other products. It's incredibly pricey, unfortunately, and now that I've moved back stateside, im trying to find an American supplier. Booo.

If you have dry skin, I highly recommend this. My skin really looks and feels great! I use it only at night. I think it would be too creamy for daytime, especially if you wore makeup. (I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion under my makeup -- works great!) I like how it has niacinamide, but I wish it had ceramides (unless they're disguised under other wording, I don't see them). I love Cerave PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion because it does have ceramides and niacinamide, but it's not moisturizing enough, so I swap out between these two at night. Just depends how I'm feeling. If they could combine forces, that'd be ideal. :-)

on 12/30/2015 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have used this on and off. It is definitely not suitable for combination oily skin. If I use it everyday I will get breakouts. I found if I use it once a week it doesn't cause breakout.

on 4/24/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I using this stem power in the morning. It really sink into my skin and I don't feel oily at all. .This is a great moisturizer for my day. Will definitely repurchase again.

on 3/17/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a review for SKII STEMPOWER RICH CREAM

PROs:
Smells great and feels great on the skin. The texture is amazing and super luxurious. It has been the only moisturiser I have used that makes it feel this soft. It also did improve the overall look of my skin

CONs:
Not as beneficial as I thought it would be. It only worked for my skin with the first jar. The second one I used in summer, and even then, I didn't feel like it gave me the hydration I needed - My skin is dehydrated, not dry. For the price, I'm really disappointed that it didn't work the second time around. Its rubbish for the amount you pay. I pay RRP as I purchase all my products from David Jones (Australian department store) - I don't believe in buying online on certain sites, just in case its not authentic

on 3/10/2015 10:19:00 AM

I got a 2.5g sample of this when I purchased the Facial Treatment Essence and I wasn`t eager to try it because my skin is combination leaning towards oily and very sensitive, so moisturizers tend to clog my pores and break me out badly. I usually stick to Facial Clear Solution and it provides enough moisture for me. Now that the weather is absolutely brutal and cold, I felt brave enough to test it. I am surprisingly pleased with the results: no breakouts, well moisturized skin in the morning (I use it as a night cream) and very quick to absorb. I will test as a day cream, too and update.

on 11/28/2014 7:39:00 PM

My HG moisturizer!!! For me this is a miracle cream.. I'm on my third jar and already bought another one for stock.. Started using this cream dec2012 because SKII has discontinue skin signature cream. At first i was skeptical because back then skin signature was my HG, it helped with my acne. But with time goes by i'm so glad SKII comes up with stempower.. It works way better than skin signature.. It cured my acne, my years battling with acne has gone, thanks to this red jar of miracle cream.. I don't use any acne medication, just this moisturizer and other products from SKII.. It moisturizes well, great healing power.. One jar lasts about 8months for me.. It is on the pricier side, but with its magic power i don't mind, though SKII keeps on increasing the price :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love stempower, i got sample 2.5g i used it day and night for a week. i can feel my skin tighten and feel so so so soft ..... after the sample finish.. i only use the clear lotion and FTE plus my normal clinique moisturiser. my skin back to normal, not as smooth as last week. drying a bit.. so i decided to buy stempower. now i am back with all complete set. clear lotion, FTE and stempower plus skin refining treatment. my skin is glowing and tightens very muh. i cant believe the result myself. u have to try!!! no oily, no breakouts.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this moisturiser! A very impressive product. It makes my skin so firm, smooth, and become brighter each morning. It also make my fine lines disappear. Very hydrating at night, but it's too oily if I use it in the morning. Don't like the jar packaging too.

on 9/16/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always thought that SKII is a superior skincare brand due to the positive online reviews and high pricing. The more expensive the product is, the better it must be. That's what I always think. But not for this product. I had been using this continously for more than 1.5 years. My skin is still dehydrated, lots of closed comedones and recently pigmentation appears. Seriously, I have better results with products that cost half of the price. Now that my 2nd bottle is nearly finished, I will go on and try other products. Don't think that I will ever buy this again.

on 8/16/2014 3:17:00 AM

This is a lovely cream and my combination skin felt great with it. But for the price, I have used other moisturisers that provided similar results at a fraction of the price. Also, I didn't like the jar packaging.