SKII StemPower

SKII StemPower

3.6

I used to buy alot of SK-II products. Before I get to that I have to state that all my reviews are always written with respect to the most up to date scientific research, cosmetic chemistry knowledge and a touch of investigative beauty journalism.

SK-II is owned by Proctor and Gamble who also own Olay.

SK-II I find simply recycles many of the same formulas and creates different lines with different outrageous claims. There is nothing outstanding or bad in the range. The best reviews on their products are written by Beautypedia who are linked to Paula;s Choice.

Their formulas seem to only revolve around Niacinamide, a very good light and air stable Vitamin B3 ingredient with multiple benefits fine lines, pore size and increased luminosity as it helps to inhibit melanin production. Acetly Glucosamine also makes an appearance, a few skin lighteners however not at the strength that could make an actual difference and the rest is bland, average, again RECYCLED FORMULAS.

If you are looking to spend money on SK-II please do not go beyond the Pitera Essentials. There is one exception Cellumination Mask in lotion that is a must have and does it's job very well.

What I;m trying to say here is that SK-II is not worth it's extortionate price. There are only a handful or not even that of medical papers and clinical studies that prove Pitera, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate does anything besides inhibit some inflammation. The other ingredient as I mentioned before is Niacinamide. Only these two ingredients combined with synthetic waves and emollients and preservatives is what makes up most of the SK-II line, even right up to their luxury LXP Gold range.

I wont be buying SK-II again for if you make a trip to your local pharmacy and read the lists of ingredients on many of Olay's Moisturizers particularly their Olay Regenerist line(also red) and Pro X. You will find many of the ingredients in SK-II are used in Olay, It doesn't suprise me anymore as this is a fairly common practise for a large umbrella brand to recycle their formulas amongst their many brands.

Olay or Oil of Olay use alot of Niacinamide and they too have too many moisturisers in their collection, when all they use is Niacinamide and Acetyl Glucosamine. The only thing missing is the Pitera extract as that ofcourse is exclusive to SK-II. Pitera again folks is not really proven to do much, however Niacinamide is.

Please be careful how you spend your hard earned money.

So please humour me and compare SK-II and Olay together, you will find the results will be well worth the effort.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this and SK-II! I lived in Japan for a few years and really bought in (pun intended) to J-beauty and K-beauty. With very dry skin, using products from these two countries, my skin has COMPLETELY turned around. I was using .05% Retin-A for anti-aging purposes, so that on my dry skin always made it worse. I started using J and K products every other night (using Retin-A on alternate nights), and it's made my 38-year-old skin look better than some of my friends' in their 20s. But I digress.

I can't speak for anyone who does not have my skin type, but I adore this cream -- I assume they mean the Stempower Rich Cream; not sure if Stempower by itself is the American version (?). I use it as the very top layer in my Asian-inspired skincare routine, applying it directly over a hyaluronic acid serum. It's truly amazing and seals in the HA and all the other products. It's incredibly pricey, unfortunately, and now that I've moved back stateside, im trying to find an American supplier. Booo.

If you have dry skin, I highly recommend this. My skin really looks and feels great! I use it only at night. I think it would be too creamy for daytime, especially if you wore makeup. (I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion under my makeup -- works great!) I like how it has niacinamide, but I wish it had ceramides (unless they're disguised under other wording, I don't see them). I love Cerave PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion because it does have ceramides and niacinamide, but it's not moisturizing enough, so I swap out between these two at night. Just depends how I'm feeling. If they could combine forces, that'd be ideal. :-)

on 4/24/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I using this stem power in the morning. It really sink into my skin and I don't feel oily at all. .This is a great moisturizer for my day. Will definitely repurchase again.

on 3/17/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a review for SKII STEMPOWER RICH CREAM

PROs:
Smells great and feels great on the skin. The texture is amazing and super luxurious. It has been the only moisturiser I have used that makes it feel this soft. It also did improve the overall look of my skin

CONs:
Not as beneficial as I thought it would be. It only worked for my skin with the first jar. The second one I used in summer, and even then, I didn't feel like it gave me the hydration I needed - My skin is dehydrated, not dry. For the price, I'm really disappointed that it didn't work the second time around. Its rubbish for the amount you pay. I pay RRP as I purchase all my products from David Jones (Australian department store) - I don't believe in buying online on certain sites, just in case its not authentic

on 12/30/2015 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have used this on and off. It is definitely not suitable for combination oily skin. If I use it everyday I will get breakouts. I found if I use it once a week it doesn't cause breakout.

on 3/10/2015 10:19:00 AM

I got a 2.5g sample of this when I purchased the Facial Treatment Essence and I wasn`t eager to try it because my skin is combination leaning towards oily and very sensitive, so moisturizers tend to clog my pores and break me out badly. I usually stick to Facial Clear Solution and it provides enough moisture for me. Now that the weather is absolutely brutal and cold, I felt brave enough to test it. I am surprisingly pleased with the results: no breakouts, well moisturized skin in the morning (I use it as a night cream) and very quick to absorb. I will test as a day cream, too and update.

on 11/28/2014 7:39:00 PM

My HG moisturizer!!! For me this is a miracle cream.. I'm on my third jar and already bought another one for stock.. Started using this cream dec2012 because SKII has discontinue skin signature cream. At first i was skeptical because back then skin signature was my HG, it helped with my acne. But with time goes by i'm so glad SKII comes up with stempower.. It works way better than skin signature.. It cured my acne, my years battling with acne has gone, thanks to this red jar of miracle cream.. I don't use any acne medication, just this moisturizer and other products from SKII.. It moisturizes well, great healing power.. One jar lasts about 8months for me.. It is on the pricier side, but with its magic power i don't mind, though SKII keeps on increasing the price :(

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this moisturiser! A very impressive product. It makes my skin so firm, smooth, and become brighter each morning. It also make my fine lines disappear. Very hydrating at night, but it's too oily if I use it in the morning. Don't like the jar packaging too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love stempower, i got sample 2.5g i used it day and night for a week. i can feel my skin tighten and feel so so so soft ..... after the sample finish.. i only use the clear lotion and FTE plus my normal clinique moisturiser. my skin back to normal, not as smooth as last week. drying a bit.. so i decided to buy stempower. now i am back with all complete set. clear lotion, FTE and stempower plus skin refining treatment. my skin is glowing and tightens very muh. i cant believe the result myself. u have to try!!! no oily, no breakouts.

on 9/16/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always thought that SKII is a superior skincare brand due to the positive online reviews and high pricing. The more expensive the product is, the better it must be. That's what I always think. But not for this product. I had been using this continously for more than 1.5 years. My skin is still dehydrated, lots of closed comedones and recently pigmentation appears. Seriously, I have better results with products that cost half of the price. Now that my 2nd bottle is nearly finished, I will go on and try other products. Don't think that I will ever buy this again.

Popular Moisturizers