NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bolero

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

4.3

I purchased this lip pencil to wear with some of my new summer clothes. I don't have any light shades of lipstick so I thought I would give it a try. I love the color, but the forumula was not so good. It looks dry and flakey on the lips. The only time I can make it look decent is if I exfoliate and wear chapstick AND primer underneath. It does last quite a long time though and stayed on my lips even after eating.

on 1/3/2013 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this color on me. Unlike the previous reviewer, this looks like a light coral/tangerine on me. It's reallly matte, but not too much that it's corpse-like. It also has pretty decent staying power and fades evenly.

For the price though, I wish it were a twist-up pencil. I hate sharpening but have to deal with it sometimes for products I like.

on 9/23/2012 1:36:00 AM

I wanted to write this review for all of the women who have the same problem with pink lipsticks that I do. I have very fair, warm skin but highly pigmented plum lips. I love the way that pastel pink lips look on me, but with my deep lip color it is hard to find a product that actually looks pastel pink on me. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bolero is perfect for creating a pastel pink lip on me. I get full coverage on my lips without applying large amounts of the product. I have never tried a matte lip pencil that wasn't drying, but this is not at all. With a bit of balm beneath it, it is very comfortable. There is no unpleasant smell or taste. The color does look a little bit "Barbie-ish" on the pencil, but when applied is a subtle, neutral pink.

It is easy to create a casual pastel pink look by combining this with Nars Deep Throat Blush and Nars Baby Girl Eye Shadow. Chanel Glossimer Lip Gloss in Constellation adds a little sparkle. Wetting the eye shadow and applying it as an eye liner as well adds some definition.

Popular Lipsticks