NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bolero

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
No Image

1 review

on 9/23/2012 1:36:00 AM

I wanted to write this review for all of the women who have the same problem with pink lipsticks that I do. I have very fair, warm skin but highly pigmented plum lips. I love the way that pastel pink lips look on me, but with my deep lip color it is hard to find a product that actually looks pastel pink on me. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bolero is perfect for creating a pastel pink lip on me. I get full coverage on my lips without applying large amounts of the product. I have never tried a matte lip pencil that wasn't drying, but this is not at all. With a bit of balm beneath it, it is very comfortable. There is no unpleasant smell or taste. The color does look a little bit "Barbie-ish" on the pencil, but when applied is a subtle, neutral pink.

It is easy to create a casual pastel pink look by combining this with Nars Deep Throat Blush and Nars Baby Girl Eye Shadow. Chanel Glossimer Lip Gloss in Constellation adds a little sparkle. Wetting the eye shadow and applying it as an eye liner as well adds some definition.