Lancome Genifique Eye Light-Pearl Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate

3.1

on 1/13/2017 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this in a gift style package. Lancome is a timeless brand so I expected some results. Sephora must have some subliminal messaging going on cuz I always get sucked in...The bottle is 5 ml. I used it sparingly for many weeks. No results. Save your money ladies. A $10 bottle of L'OREAL or Burt's bees eye cream is more moisturizing. So disappointed. But we all know that more expensive does not equate better.

on 12/29/2016 2:52:00 AM

This does work a bit to reduce puffiness by cooling your under-eyes (you apply it with the metal wand it comes on, giving a cooling effect) and reduces dark circles as well as provide moisture. I imagine it would do some anti-wrinkle work too - but I don't have wrinkles at the moment (and my skin is already quite good) so I can't speak to that.

Otherwise it's meh. Decent product - just doesn't show on me because I don't have pronounced issues for it to fix. I got this in a gift set as a Christmas present, but I wouldn't spend my money on it until I'm a bit older as the mediocre effects are simply not worth the high price tag for younger people.

on 6/30/2015 5:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I think other reviewers are being a little ignorant about the wand. It is there to cool the eye and to prevent your fingertips from dragging the skin around the eye. This is a good eye treatment which is a rarity.

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Don't waste your hard earned money on this over priced crap. I regret getting sucked into the SA pitch of this product. It did absolutely nothing for my puffy, dark, tired eyes. It does not have long lasting moisture either.
I do like the wand tho it is cooling and fun.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

An absolute win for me! brightens up my under eye area ,my dark circles are reduced more than 50 %,and my fine lines dont look so bad there are two negative points:
need a moisturizer on top of it
the packaging wasts lots of product

on 7/15/2016 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I think this product is overrated. I've received quite a few of these as samples.

It's never done anything for puffiness or dark circles. It's very light weight, with a silky texture. I don't have wrinkles so I can't comment. It doesn't really feel like it's moisturising enough. In fact, their regular Genifique eye cream does a better job. I also dislike products such as this that contain glitter. My opinion is that if a product needs make up to show visible effects, then it is a sign of a product which the brand doesn't really have faith in.

It also irritated my eye, which is a cardinal sin for eye products! Probably some wayward glitter...

Wouldn't recommend.

I have now been using this product for over a month. About 5 weeks. This is an incredible product put in horrible, gimmicky packaging. The "pearl" wand is kind of a joke. It puts way too much product out and feels nice on the eyes, but doesn't really do anything. I would be giving this product 5 stars if it were in a small pump. The serum itself is amazing, it sinks right in and packs in the moisture. It's got a watery, thin texture. So you'd think that it would be less moisturizing than say a cream, but it's not. I'm only 25 so I don't know how this works on legit wrinkles. But I absolutely feel like this is preventing future ones. I also put some of this on my forehead because wrinkles show up there pretty fast. My eye area and forehead are sooo smooth and soft from this stuff. It's the best eye product I've used thus far.

PS: If you choose to buy this, your best bet for applying would be to take out the wand, remove excess serum, dab the wand a couple times on your upper eye and underneath, then gently pat in with your finger tips.

on 5/31/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this serum a lot. I have some pretty dark circles under my eyes which are enhanced this time of year due to allergies. I just finished my first bottle and have noticed a real difference in the overall lightness and brightness under my eyes. But the ball wand is totally worthless in my opinion. So I just put some of the serum on my finger and pat it under my eyes rather than use the wand. So if this serum came in a hygienic pump I would give it 5 stars. I plan on buying it again because I have noticed such a difference in the appearance of my skin under my eyes. Maybe if I had bags under my eyes I would appreciate the ball wand but it did nothing for me.

on 2/25/2013 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product did nothing for me! Did not see any improvement whatsoever even after using for 1 month. Am really disappointed because I paid so much for this little bottle. And as the previous reviewer said, applying with the wand is such a waste of product. Just use your fingers.

I have only recently purchased the full size bottle after using a sample for a short time- I cannot comment on the effectiveness on dark circles or wrinkles as I really haven't used it long enough. I did notice many reviewers write that the silver pearl wand wastes a lot of product. I thought so as well but I checked the website for tips and more application details and it mentions you should roll the pearl part of the wand around the neck of the bottle to remove excess product before application- worked like a charm! Just though I'd share. Fingers cross that I've found a product that will help brighten up the darkness under my eyes!!