CLINIQUE Touch Base For Eyes in Silver Lighting [discontinued]

No Image

3.5

on 11/3/2010 6:32:00 AM

Used as an eyeshadow on my oily eyelids?
Used as an eyelid base under cool toned greys, lilacs, pinks and blues?

Does it work well as an eyeshadow base?
When I'm out for just a couple of hours, yes.
But I have to get home before it creases.

All in all: Almost sparkly silver base - a bit too whiteish to look good on its on on a cool medium toned, blue-green eyed dark reddish brunette like me.
Could be great as a base for eyeshadows, however this will not be the best option for a girl with oily eyelids worn throughout a whole day.
It will crease.

I've had mine for years, and it has not dried.
But I will not purchase this or other touch bases again.
I just WISH I could get that drying effect that some reviewers mentioned, because then I would use it more frequently....

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was absolutely terrible. I couldn't put it up to my brow, because it had a tint AND blotchy shimmer. After a few weeks it started to dry up and applied in chunks. Very disappointed -- I vow never to purchase another product from clinique.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really weird color and formula for an e/s base. I had a feeling I wouldn't like it after seeing how 'creamy' it was, and it did live up to my biggest fear of creamy shadows: more went on my finger than on my lid. I was told that it would look good either alone or as a base for other eye colors. No dice. The silver is too cold, shiny, and overpowering. If I want shimmer, I'll go with a shimmery shadow. If I want an e/s base, I'll use either a concealer or Laura Mercier's eye basic. I tried to cut coners with this product, but it didn't work. The SA who forced this on me will have to take this back.

on 10/13/2004 1:25:00 PM

I only bought this b/c they were out of the shimmer cream shadow in the tube. I dont mind touch tint at all. I absolutely LOVE the container with the mirror, its FAB! The shadow is somewhat drying in the container, but all you have to do is wet your finger before grabbing the shadow and its fine. I find that you need to pat the color on the lids as opposed to rubbing it b/c it does dry quickly. It didn't really crease for me until after 5 or so hours. Just powder your lids after applying the shadow and you should be fine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was another GWP, and it's so much fun. A dramatic silver shade, I've had a good time using it to do "high drama" eyes. Nice consistency, although it does crease after a few hours. Overall, I like it.

Cute silver shade. As with all Touch Base for Eyes I just adore the quality! This is great stuff to use as a base and make eye shadow last all day crease free. Enjoy :)

on 6/20/2004 12:46:00 PM

This product works pretty good as a cream eyeshadow. It's easy to apply and lasts allday. I'd describe the color as a soft glowey silver. My only complaint is that it does crease; for this reason, I haven't used it as an eyeshadow base.

on 12/30/2003 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great Shade! Stays put. Cute packaging. Creamy but dries into powder once on. Love it. I have all the shades.

on 3/3/2003 5:17:00 PM

I don't think a day goes by that I don't use this product. I use the Canvas touchbase or foundation to even out my eyes, but I use the Silver Lighting when I want my color to stand out more. As with any touchbases, long exposure to air will dry it out. When you close it after each use, make sure you SNAP it shut, or it will dry out. Absolute must have

on 2/15/2003 8:40:00 PM

I like that it's a creamy eye shadow but as a base? No, its pointless. The silver is pretty but kind of hard to applu. There is better out there. Besides, it dries up quickly. I'm mad the SA pressured me to buy it.