Giorgio Armani Maestro Eraser Concealer

No Image

3.8

on 3/7/2017 7:47:00 PM

I love this concealer but I do think that the name is a bit deceiving. For a product that claims to be a 'maestro eraser' I think it falls pretty short. The concealer is far too fluid and sheer to truly conceal really bad dark circles. However, I do love the natural finish and the fact that it's buildable. Because it's so fluid, a sponge will just soak the product right up, so i prefer to dab on with my fingers and then blend out with a BB if need be. It's almost serum like, and needs to be set with translucent powder. I generally use this on 'good face' days where my eye bags aren't terrible. I find with most of Giorgio Armani products, you really have to already have pretty nice skin because everything is quite sheer and 'natural' looking. This is not a go to brand if you have some serious things to camouflage!

on 11/3/2016 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is good concealer and good coverage to cover your dark circle. It blends quickly and easy to apply. Like other Armani's product, it really works in me. But I'm really disappointed with its packaging. I've found the tube lil bit leaked.

on 2/12/2016 12:05:00 AM

This is a great concealer but the packaging leaves much to be desired. Shade 2 fits my fair cool toned skin perfectly. Coverage is buildable and looks very natural on. It doesn't settle in fine lines. Formula is very thin so you have to be careful about the product leaking or too much coming out at once.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

I've always liked the elegance of the Armani line, very minimalist and chic. But I hate their packaging!
See my previous review of their other concealer (High Precision Retouch- ALERT- don't take this on a plane with you, unless you enjoy cleaning out your bags and clothes - their tube leaks like the devil).

So I was ready to try their new Maestro concealer. This is very liquid, and blends really smoothly without creasing, with a lovely natural texture with just a discreet hint of shimmer, nothing bold. Just a tiny bit of illumination for under the eyes.
But leaks like the devil, again... Other manufacturers have come up with a solution: Ellis Faas products NEVER leak, and I have done a lot of flying with Faas makeup.
Also, I think something may be irritating my eyes, will check back with you, as I am also testing the Maestro foundations, and am not sure which it might be.
UPDATE The color 4 is great at the height of summer, but now I go back to my old tube of 3.5 fir a perfect color match.

on 3/25/2016 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Fair with some freckles, deep set eyes with hereditary dark circles. This concealer did nothing for me. Looks cakey after half an hour and didn't do anything for the darkness. Used it with and without the GA colour corrector. I wanted to love it.
Will take it back for a refund (I hope).

The search continues for something that actually conceals dark circles on mid 40's fair / freckled skin.

on 4/29/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this concealer over the GA yellow corrector and it does a good job of hiding my purplish circles. I let the yellow corrector dry for a minute or two and then dab this concealer on very gently. I've also used this concealer by itself and it does a pretty good job on its own. It's rather runny and a tiny bit does the job, but it's easy to apply with fingers or a brush. It blends beautifully and looks very natural. My skin is light, but not fair, with neutral undertones and the light shade works well for me. I use the Armani Luminous Silk foundation and this concealer of course pairs well with it. This concealer also doesn't crease when set with powder. My skin is somewhat oily so powder is a necessity. I use a mixture of Urban Decay Naked loose powder in Light with Ben Nye Neutral Set and the two powders set this concealer nicely. I just dust the slightest amount on the under eye area with a large powder brush and this is all I need to do for all day wear and no creasing. I love the Armani makeup line and using the foundation, corrector and concealer has perfected my look such that I look more rested and the makeup stays fresh all day. I only need to use a blotting paper or two halfway through the day. This concealer isn't cakey at all and it blends like a dream. Just be prepared because it is rather runny. However, it's super pigmented and very concentrated. I only need two dots under my eyes and one on the inside socket and that's all I need to use. I like everything about this concealer. It's by far the best one I've ever used. Sometimes pricey makeup is worth the high price tag and this one definitely is. It looks completely natural and covers like crazy. I highly recommend it for all skin types, especially if you have dark circles.

on 4/26/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oh for the love of....this tube is a mess! Let's be clear: Armani is owned by L'Oreal and when I line this up with less expensive Concealers...I'm not seeing the $20-30 difference.

I like a liquidy concealer. I need a liquidy concealer because anything else just moves right into my fine lines even when it is a three inches away.

The shade (2) is okay. The texture is sheer and I cringe when women say, "well, it's not for blemishes or it's not for under eye."

Concealer is simply pigment in an emulsifier. It is not a magic potion. The label is meaningless. Use it wherever you want to use it.

It's just a meh for me. I don't have to worry, though. It won't be around for long - it will have run out of the top within a couple of weeks.

on 5/13/2015 4:56:00 PM

The high precision retouch is a much better concealer than this. This is thin but provides little coverage but it slips around way too much. The colours are no good unless you are a perfect match and the high precision retouch due to its reflective particles is a more flexible product. This just looks unatural and never dries so if you wear specs, this is a no-no. The tube leaks like crazy as well. If you want something that covers dark circles well, i like the EL double stay concealer or Revlon colour stay concealer, all both miles ahead of this. I recommend you try this a few times since its expensive as well.

on 10/3/2015 3:50:00 PM

Very lightweight and natural looking, but doesn't provide good coverage for dark circles. The product has a liquid and very thin texture, which is why it blends very easily on the under eye area. You don't need any tools for application as you can tap the concealer with fingers. I love the naturalness of the finish, since I look like I'm not wearing any concealer. The finish is also slightly radiant, the concealer makes my eyes look more bright. This concealer doesn't crease at all, which is a big plus.

The downside is that the result is way too sheer to cover any darkness. I have some darkness under my eyes, nothing major, but this concealer leaves my under eye area looking somewhat purple. In my opinion, if you have some darkness to hide, you need to use a separate corrector with this concealer. GA Master Corrector might work, but I find it too time consuming to use another product in early work mornings. I also think that a product of this price range should do the job in its own. The staying power is average, around 6-7 hours. The concealer isn't very versatile as it's too sheer to cover any blemishes or imperfections. However, this isn't really a flaw since the product is meant only for the under eye area.

I wouldn't buy Maestro Eraser again, but this might be a great option for someone who has little to hide and hates heavy concealers.

on 7/1/2014 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wanted to like this product. It does a very good job at concealing undereye dark circles w/o settling into fine lines. You have to trust a liquid that dark when squeezed from the tube will actually lighten enough to cover dark circles. It does not crease when used correctly. However, I happen to like the highlighter-type concealer over the Armani type, and I currently use By Terry Touche Veloutee which I really like. Plus Armani is owned by Loreal, which tests their products on animals, and that is a big reason why I won't purchase their products. Sorry, Armani.