Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

3.9

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 12/31/2016 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

After hesitating for quite some time, I gritted my teeth and bought this.

Asian woman, mid 30's, strong yellow undertone,NC25-30, dry & acne prone skin on U area, normal-slightly oily skin on T area.

I got it in shade 5.5 which is described as warm-neutral, but i am certain this is one hair more beige than yellow but it is forgiven since 5 is too light and 6.5 is too dark.

It smells familiar, I think it is quite similar with Revlon Touch and Glow foundation from the 80's.

You might like it if:
- you are searching for 'my skin but way better' liquid foundation.
Because this is what I was looking for. I am so done with covering my skin imperfections with full-coverage foundations just to wipe it off in the end of the day and there they are. "Oh hello,miss us?"
GA maestro only gives you sheer coverage, medium if you want to put some layering but I dont want to work my butt off any more, ever again.
It gives you semi-matte finish. Very silky to the touch and it's just your skin. But way better.

It is also peculiar that I find it doesnt wreak havoc on the dry parts of my skin, because this foundation is highly reccommended for those with normal/oily skin, not dry skin.

-you're lazy like me.
I always find putting primer is too much of a work. Not to mention finding the right primer for my hellish skin. GA Maestro saves me from all those.
It has primer in it hence the name, and I find my skin doesnt have any problem with the silicone inside this foundation so I'm beyond happy

As for the packaging, I actually like the pipette and for application I only use my fingertips. One less brush to wash. Yay.
It stays on, needs a light blotting on the nose in about 6 hours but Im fine with it.

You might dont want it if you:
- want a medium-full coverage foundation
- hate the pipette
-actually dont mind with primer

The only bad thing about this foundation is the price tag. Bloody hell.

on 2/15/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This Giorgio Armani Maestro fusion makeup is not a new product for me. However I haven't review it at all. And my bottle is finishing in may be couple of weeks.
At first I didn't really like it. The reason why was I used to have large pores. And I need to use those filling primer under. By the end of the day my nose it will get really oily.
And I didn't like to the finish on my nose area, seems like it never blend well on the nose.
Then it everything changed when I went to the Giorgio Armani counter in Australia. (Bought it in Hong Kong, and the girl was not helpful at all, they were too busy selling for the Mainland chinese) the Guy in Australia said I should not need to put a primer before the foundation. It should be holding up ok. This is a product specially good for oily combo to oily skin. And should fill the pores and make them looks smaller as well.
Since my pores are getting smaller these days. I went home, and tried not to use primer on the next day.
OMG it looks so much better. And last looking good for much longer time as well.
It used to last may be 2-3 hours before fresh after application. Now it last at least 5-6 hours depend on how hot and I much I sweat during the day, since I work as a waiter.
And the pores look so much better.

It does worth every cent of it.

I love it so much.

Special without the primer. It is so nice to put it on. And easy to put it on still. Shades are great.

on 10/15/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I recently tried this foundation and I find it very similar to Dior's Nude Air Serum (except for the price; the Dior retails for $53 in Canada, while the GA is $68). Everything from the consistency, coverage, bottle shape (with the eye dropper), longevity of wear as well as finish was similar between the two.

To give you an idea of my typical application process: I wash my face in the morning and apply the Murad oil control moisturizer and then foundation on top of that with a damp beauty blender. I finish off with a light dusting of the ELF translucent HD powder.

I am quite a fan of the maestro, especially if you have oily skin and are looking for something that has a more natural finish and don't want to continuously look in the mirror and see a grease pan. However I wouldn't not repurchase this product simply because the Dior does exactly the same thing, at a lower price.

NOTE: There seems to be a lot of reviewers that say that flash photography does not agree with this foundation so that's just something to think about before purchasing.

on 12/4/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

One of the worst foundation formula. I got a sample size bottle in Germany (just when it came out) when buying my favorite Lasting Silk Foundation. I really loved the cute bottle and was told that this new foundation is amazing.
However, I was disappointed. It did not work well for my skin. I just hate the formula. It feels so sticky, slippery and way too silky. It does not dry completely, so this foundation rubs off very easily - on my hands, clothes, scarf. It is also not long lasting.
I still prefer Lasting Silk or even Luminous is much better.

on 4/3/2014 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is the best foundation that I have tried so far.
(Have used Ipsa liquid foundation, Bobbi Brown pressed powder - this was terrible and Mac pressed powder)

Texture and finish:
The liquid foundation is silky smooth and extremely lightweight, and after applying it, it looks very natural with a smooth, semi-matte finish. It almost looks like I have no foundation on at all but simply have perfect glowing skin. When I wear it, people are often surprised to hear that I use foundation at all as they think it is my natural skin!

Coverage:
I find that it also provides very good coverage, especially for such a thin foundation. I have a generally clear complexion but do have problems with blackheads on my nose and it covers them perfectly. However, as I don't have many blemishes and I rarely get acne, I am not sure whether it would be as effective for covering those.

Application:
I find that the best way to apply it is to spread it with your fingers. It glides over skin very easily and blends very well (another plus as I find having to apply foundation with sponges or brushes both annoying and less hygienic). In terms of quantity, I have a rather small face and 2 to 3 drops suffices, so this means that a bottle can last ages - I have been using mine for roughly 4 months already and it still hasn't run out.

Packaging:
It is packaged in a glass bottle with a dropper applicator which is nice. I find it easy to use and it seems to be the only logical packaging given its very thin consistency, one pump would simply be way too much product for a time.

SPF15 - an added bonus
There is nothing more ageing to the skin that UV rays. As I don't apply sun cream normally (since I'm always worried it'd be too oily for my face) the fact that this foundation has SPF15 makes it even better

Conclusion:
I would recommend this product - this is the perfect product for me and I think it would also be ideal for people who are looking for a light foundation, especially if you're aiming for that flawless au naturale look!

on 12/5/2013 3:39:00 PM

It goes on smooth and gives a great natural look. I don't think it provides enough coverage however, I don't have particularly blemished skin, but I do get small red patches now and then, this foundation is only for people with already flawless skin. I changed to the luminous silk and found it a much better in regards to coverage however with a natural look still.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is so silky and thin that at first I loved it a ton.

The staying power is god awful.

After about 4 hours it gets greasy and becomes itchy on my skin.

I don't see the point of keeping this in my regimen and definitely will not repurchase.

Love this product, definitely my new HG in Foundation and I have used a lot and I mean really a lot of foundation brands over the years. This one is, until now, the best if you like a no make up make up look and feel.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I always try a new foundation when my current one runs out & this one is all the rage at the moment so I decided to give it a try. Packaging is great, I think. Sleek and the droplet is very precise so you don't really waste any product ever! The foundation itself is VERY light and sheer. Not ideal for a girl with breakouts (me) but it'll do. It also is NOT a buildable foundation really, so you can't exactly build up coverage. The lady who sold it to me told me that this is a foundation that is better to be applied with by hand but I found it to be quite the opposite. I had difficulty getting it all over my face with my hands and really blending it into my skin. Using a makeup brush allows you to apply more product & much more evenly. The product leaves your skin feeling IMPECCABLY smooth and silky and leave a soft matte quite natural finish. I put it on and tell my boyfriend I am not wearing face makeup and he completely believes me. It gives you the best possible version of your skin. If you are looking for a foundation with light coverage, definitely give this a try

on 6/8/2013 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I wish there was a maybe button because I'm not sure I would buy this again. The texture is super smooth and it doesn't take much work to blend. I'd rather have a pump than a dropper. I have normal to dry skin and initially it feels wonderful and moisturizing. Later in the day it shows up flakes a little. I would probably default to the Face Fabric instead because I tend to prefer LM TM or Becca LSC.