Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

3.5

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 11/6/2017 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At application, the high silicone content was evident. It feels oily, but quickly dried and continued to dry. The coverage was light, at best. Within minutes, I had developed dry patches, each with a powdery pigment. Not good. Though 4.5 color seemed lighter than my typical shade in the bottle, it darkened to match my skin at application. Despite my yellow undertone, this "neutral" shade contained a bit to much yellow. While I appreciate the "no fingers in" applicator, it makes it impossible to use with a single hand. Nope, not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been a huge fan of both luminous and lasting silk for many years but was looking for an "everyday" foundation. Something that would look more natural and provide lighter coverage. Given how much I loved the other Armani offerings I thought this would be ideal. I had read the mixed reviews online but felt confident the dryness others referred to wouldn't be an issue for me; I have combination/oily skin and a religious skincare routine! I didn't experience any dry patches, but what I did experience was incredibly dull, flat coverage. The coverage was sheer to medium as described, but dull finish meant that overall my skin looked far less glowing and natural than I had hoped for. It was disappointing on two fronts; it covered and dulled my skins natural glow and didn't provide a luminous finish like other foundations. Overall, there was nothing wrong with this foundation per se, it was just dull and average. However, given its price point and the range of better foundations out there I won't be purchasing it again.

on 9/28/2015 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love is foundation! So natural looking. Warning, if you have any dry spots, then the foundation will highlight. I wear color 5.5 is Luminous Silk but 6.5 in Maestro. Kind of wish the bottle had a pump or some other kind of dispensing method as the little dropper is awkward. I find that I shake it up really well, and then sort of wipe the stick part of the dropper on my face. I'm probably using much more than necessary doing it this way, but I keep doing it. Lol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this foundation. If you don't set it with a powder, it does rub off easily. It provides medium coverage and looks very NATURAL!! It is extremely pricey. The fragrance doesn't bother me. Looks great alone and even better with powder on top of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fabulous product -- pricey, yes, but well worth the money if you want to have a nice even skin tone that looks natural. I smooth a small drop off this on my face every morning -- a little goes a long way so it lasts and lasts. I never need to reapply makeup at work as this product has staying power. I have mild rosacea and some sun damage and this completely covers it up without making me look like an aging pancake face. If you want or need more coverage without the ugly spackle look, I recommend Armani Maestro.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The texture of Armani Maestro is like a very light dry oil, it looks slightly powdery after applied on my face, but just wait for it sets (about 10 minutes), it just melts into my skin and the colour also becomes a perfect match. I think it's a good foundation for summer, non-greasy, velvety finish, ultra lightweight, and it lasts pretty well. But in colder months, it may feels a little bit dry.

I am not a huge fan of the Maestro Fusion Makeup, especially since it makes my skin look extremely flakey (see video below, shows how flakey my skin looks). With the price of the Maestro foundation, I expected more from it! Secondly, the oil and the foundation splits into two separate parts if you don't use it for a while, which makes it quite gross (I got this from the Armani Store in Hong Kong too!).

However, that being said, if your skin is smooth and you just want to cover redness, this foundation would be perfect for you. Also, since it's oil based, my skin doesn't feel dry (despite it's still flakey). Yes, some beauticians told me to exfoliate more often, but given my sensitive skin, I try not to do too much exfoliate too often since it makes my skin even more sensitive. I am currently using the Hera UV BB Mist Cushion, it's cheaper than the Maestro Foundation, but the downside is, it's not too easy to find. I got mine from my trip to Korea.

on 7/12/2013 3:38:00 PM

I opted to buy this having read such great reviews, but have also seen that it does not work well for dry skin, which I have in the Winter, so I didn't start using it until the weather warmed around May.

So far, I have enjoyed the product very much. It provides a sheer coverage, yet, when you wait a few minutes for it to set, it does give you a special glow and it seems to cover more than it did when I first applied.

PROS:
- It feels feather light on the skin
- Adheres to well-moisturized skin and on my good skin days, it gives me a flawless look
- I like that it's matte on my skin
- Dropper packaging ensures no cross contamination
- Even though the colour is a little off from my skin, I do believe it colour-corrects so it matches, and I do not see a difference from my natural skin colour
- Very easy to apply

CONS:
- On days where my skin is reacting to the weather and feels dry, it doesn't adhere very well to the skin and can highlight dry patches
- The website says to use 3 drops, I see other reviewers use 2 drops, I'm using about 5 - 6 drops, and I think that is still a sheer coverage

OVERALL:

I think it is a great product. It is more expensive, but for the quality of the results, I am happy to pay a bit more for something I apply daily to my face!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I always try a new foundation when my current one runs out & this one is all the rage at the moment so I decided to give it a try. Packaging is great, I think. Sleek and the droplet is very precise so you don't really waste any product ever! The foundation itself is VERY light and sheer. Not ideal for a girl with breakouts (me) but it'll do. It also is NOT a buildable foundation really, so you can't exactly build up coverage. The lady who sold it to me told me that this is a foundation that is better to be applied with by hand but I found it to be quite the opposite. I had difficulty getting it all over my face with my hands and really blending it into my skin. Using a makeup brush allows you to apply more product & much more evenly. The product leaves your skin feeling IMPECCABLY smooth and silky and leave a soft matte quite natural finish. I put it on and tell my boyfriend I am not wearing face makeup and he completely believes me. It gives you the best possible version of your skin. If you are looking for a foundation with light coverage, definitely give this a try

on 3/27/2013 3:28:00 PM

I want to like this and I've tried everything possible to make it work but it lacks coverage and adaptability. I don't have dryness that ever shows up, only when I wear this. With a lot of heavy moisturiser underneath it won't show the dryness but there just isn't any coverage. Building wont make it look Cakey but just Wont do anything. Yes, you look like you're not wearing foundation but you're getting very few of the benefits of foundation with this. Try if you've oily skin with no imperfections to cover. It should look lovely on you.